Daily Check in Jan 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Jan 28, 2022

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:20 pm Update

So excited the house that youngest DS put the offer on is, or soon will be his. They accepted his offer and didn't even counter offer. He is getting it for 10K less than the asking price. He phoned from work and sounds over the moon. This works well as we need to be in his city on Monday and will give him the cheque to help him with the down payment.

He was phoning the bank to set up an appointment to get the ball rolling. His appointment probably won't be until early next week and the house inspection will be happening at the same time. He could be out of that roach filled apartment by the end of February (well he will have to be).

Dang I forgot that he will have to notify the power company as to the date the bill needs to come in his name and that there is usually a connection charge. Oh well when he phones back I will mention it to him.

Off to get the mail.
Congrats to your DS. Nothing like the fun and excitement of having your own nest to live in and to make plans. Great that you are helping him with the down payment.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
Jackie that is wonderful news for your son, one word of advice if he has roaches where he currently lives, I hope there is a way to move and not take any with him.

I have had a blah day; the sun was shining, and I did get out but just not a lot of energy. Probably because I didn't sleep well last night. I had one of those nights that I could not shut my brain off. I didn't even try to take a nap today as I am hoping to sleep really well tonight.

We got some snow throughout the day, not a lot but it is cold and I am over it :?
Next week our weather looks really awful, chances of rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow. I need to go to the farm store and will probably do that either Monday or Tuesday morning.

I might make spaghetti and sauce tomorrow, with the intention of freezing some. Trying to rotate the meals I keep in the freezer. I also need to make a loaf of bread.

JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:20 pm Update

So excited the house that youngest DS put the offer on is, or soon will be his. They accepted his offer and didn't even counter offer. He is getting it for 10K less than the asking price. He phoned from work and sounds over the moon. This works well as we need to be in his city on Monday and will give him the cheque to help him with the down payment.

He was phoning the bank to set up an appointment to get the ball rolling. His appointment probably won't be until early next week and the house inspection will be happening at the same time. He could be out of that roach filled apartment by the end of February (well he will have to be).

Dang I forgot that he will have to notify the power company as to the date the bill needs to come in his name and that there is usually a connection charge. Oh well when he phones back I will mention it to him.

Off to get the mail.
Congratulations to your DS!!!!!! How very exciting!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:17 pm Salut mes amis!

I got up at 6:55 am. I almost turned off my alarm thinking, "Oh, I'll listen to the 7 am news and then get up. Good thing I didn't! I feel back asleep and woke up to the alarm going off just about 7:10 am! It's the first time in a long time I have had to set the alarm. Had to be over to John and Zoe's to hand with Dayton and Emmitt for a little after 8 am. Zoe and I had a cup of coffee before she headed to school for her PD day.

Emmitt, Dayton and I watched a new movie on Disney plus. I can't remember the name of it but it took place in Colombia and all the songs were written by the guy who wrote Hamilton. We then all got on our tables/computer for me, and started playing games (I played one game of Mahjong with Emmitt) and or listening to music. I just now read today's check-in.

I'll be here until 3 when Zoe gets done for the day. So far? We are having fun. I taught Dayton the game 10 Square and she smoked me once and then I killed her the next time around. I taught her the strategy of the game and she caught on quite quickly. We had fun and she said she will definitely play it with her friends.

I had a balogna and cheese sandwich for breakfast. When Zoe came home for lunch she had gotten us all a meal at Wendy's incudling Frostys which will be our afternoon snack. Her morning was pretty good she said so I hope her afternoon is as good too.

I DID get my tourtiere done last night. I had supper about 10 pm. It was okay because I had eaten a late lunch. Tonight is supposed to be pizza Friday but I have some hamburger that wasn't needed for the tourtiere and so I am making my Spicy Ginger Beef with Terriyaki Sauce over Rice for supper. It fixes fast and is really, really good. It's been quite some time since I had it last. I'm looking forward to it.

Like Penny, I had gotten the dishwasher loaded and done. I just have to unload it now. Not much else to do once I get home except gather up all the garbage cans and make one big bag. Then? I can drive it up the big hill tomorrow when I go out to get my medications from Shoppers Drug Mart. I'm not sure if they will be ready tomorrow. They usually are but this time they told me to call ahead to see that they were all done. I get them in pill packs and it makes it so much easier to take the right medications at the right time.

Dayton says, "Tell them all hi from me and we are having fun!!" She is now listening to some music and playing some games. Me? I think I might play another game of mahjong!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hi back to Dayton....too cute!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:12 pm Hello all,
Jackie that is wonderful news for your son, one word of advice if he has roaches where he currently lives, I hope there is a way to move and not take any with him.

I have had a blah day; the sun was shining, and I did get out but just not a lot of energy. Probably because I didn't sleep well last night. I had one of those nights that I could not shut my brain off. I didn't even try to take a nap today as I am hoping to sleep really well tonight.

We got some snow throughout the day, not a lot but it is cold and I am over it :?
Next week our weather looks really awful, chances of rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow. I need to go to the farm store and will probably do that either Monday or Tuesday morning.

I might make spaghetti and sauce tomorrow, with the intention of freezing some. Trying to rotate the meals I keep in the freezer. I also need to make a loaf of bread.

JCKitty
Kitty sounds like you have the same weather system I have. Good luck. I wish I had your wood stove it will really come in handy if the power lines go down due to the freezing rain.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MJ Glad that you have such a good time with Dayton and Emmett. They seem like such sweet kids. Tell Dayton I said Hi back.
Janet Alliesmama