Check-in May 8, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Check-in May 8, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

I'm biting the bullet and watering my front lawn. It looks terrible.

It was always so green and lush before but this drought is awful. Has never looked like this before.

We are not under any restrictions and we have a great underground water resource - so went ahead and set up the sprinkler.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I have the rhubarb cake in the oven and I am doing a new recipe for a change of pace.

Getting really dark out I think we are in for a real down pour.

The few things that needed doing are done and once the salad is made I will be kicking back and working on projects.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Florida Cat, big hugs to you today. It’s a tough day for a lot of people. I miss my mom all the time, but days like today are especially hard.

Bev, I’m with Sheila – I was wishing I could get up and dance like you were. What is it they say? Dance like no one’s watching. I’ve always been very self-conscious about my body, but I wish I’d done it when I could, lol.

Clem, hope they are quick to service your a/c. It’s gonna be HOT here this week and I imagine y’all are at least 5-10 degrees hotter than us.

Kitty, I’m just imagining how beautiful your hyacinth bean vines will be. I’ve never grown them, but they are one of my favorite flowers.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms. I slept really well last night; did not get up until 8am! It was great, but I’ll probably pay for it tonight. Oh well, it was worth it.

I had my writing session today at 2pm. Before that, I made a cabbage casserole. It will go with our chicken dinner tonight. Yesterday, I made it out of the house and into Walgreen’s. I needed to pick up a prescription. I bought some cashews they had b1g1 free. It was nice to get out and about.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

chocolite wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:33 pm Florida Cat, big hugs to you today. It’s a tough day for a lot of people. I miss my mom all the time, but days like today are especially hard.

Bev, I’m with Sheila – I was wishing I could get up and dance like you were. What is it they say? Dance like no one’s watching. I’ve always been very self-conscious about my body, but I wish I’d done it when I could, lol.

Clem, hope they are quick to service your a/c. It’s gonna be HOT here this week and I imagine y’all are at least 5-10 degrees hotter than us.

Kitty, I’m just imagining how beautiful your hyacinth bean vines will be. I’ve never grown them, but they are one of my favorite flowers.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms. I slept really well last night; did not get up until 8am! It was great, but I’ll probably pay for it tonight. Oh well, it was worth it.

I had my writing session today at 2pm. Before that, I made a cabbage casserole. It will go with our chicken dinner tonight. Yesterday, I made it out of the house and into Walgreen’s. I needed to pick up a prescription. I bought some cashews they had b1g1 free. It was nice to get out and about.
We are at 100 degrees now. But I have kept all the windows shut and fans going. Personally for me - it is okay.

I told the pups that they need to toughen up and be able to survive in the heat - lol

Not sure about the COD.

The AC guy has serviced our house yearly. I should have called him earlier just to do a general checkup.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

And I am going to have him come by monthly to change out the filter.

I hate getting up on the ladder to do that. When I was younger - no big deal. But now I have to talk myself into doing it and I worry I might fall off. Ceiling is 10'.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I was told my old home was the first one in our town to have central AC.

I think we are on our third system. Thankfully our home warranty paid for one.