Daily Check in Oct 24, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Oct 24, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The main tops of both quilts are completed. Tomorrow I plan on ironing them and adding the borders. Hopefully Monday I can get both of them sandwiched and the binding on at least one. I am would really like to quilt the two of them on Tuesday and Wednesday before youngest DS gets home. Just have to work at it and see how much I manage to get done.

I had a phone call from a friend who will be unable to distribute the cup at Mass. I told her that I would do it for her.

Off to read a bit and then head to bed.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

littlemiss63 wrote:Shels, I so sympathize with your son. I've always hated tests. You know the material,but the stress is just overwhelming.

It's a magnificent fall day in Tennessee. It looked like rain this morning, but the sun is out and is 70º. Since I've done nothing all week except feel sorry for myself I'm going to get outside and do some clean-up. All my beautiful flowers are dead and need to be removed from the hanging baskets and I'm going to spread the potting soil onto my yard.

I was invited to a luncheon today, but I'm tired of going and decided this morning that I'm spending the day at home, cleaning and getting everything back into place. I am making myself a batch of potato soup and pan of cornbread for some meals next week.

I did get some good news last night. My precious cousin who has lung cancer doesn't have cancer anywhere else. They've been doing tests this week, including the colonoscopy and it's only in her lung. She will know Monday when her chemo will start and now they have a better idea of how to treat it. Please those who believe in pray, please lift her up. Her attitude is great and I've spent a lot of time crying, but have had to turn it over to God.

Has anyone ever ordered charms for Pandora bracelets from E-Bay? A friend gave me the bracelet for my birthday and I need to get a couple of charms for it. I don't think I will want very many. I have the silver Pandora strands of chain bracelet and I love it, just plain and simple.

JackieLou, I'm hoping that you don't get snow. I'm so dreading this winter if it's like last winter was. That reminds me that I need to set up a furnace fall check-up next week. I don't want to wait until I need the furnace and it's better while the weather is still nice so the repairman doesn't have to work on it in the cold. I know they are probably use to it.
That was good news for her. My brother has been given about 5 months. His pan creative cancer has spread to the liver. He isn't taking chemo and isn't being tested anymore. He said at 92 he has had a good life. He is in better spirits than I would be.
Janet9

Post by Janet9 »

littlemiss63 wrote:Shels, I so sympathize with your son. I've always hated tests. You know the material,but the stress is just overwhelming.

It's a magnificent fall day in Tennessee. It looked like rain this morning, but the sun is out and is 70º. Since I've done nothing all week except feel sorry for myself I'm going to get outside and do some clean-up. All my beautiful flowers are dead and need to be removed from the hanging baskets and I'm going to spread the potting soil onto my yard.

I was invited to a luncheon today, but I'm tired of going and decided this morning that I'm spending the day at home, cleaning and getting everything back into place. I am making myself a batch of potato soup and pan of cornbread for some meals next week.

I did get some good news last night. My precious cousin who has lung cancer doesn't have cancer anywhere else. They've been doing tests this week, including the colonoscopy and it's only in her lung. She will know Monday when her chemo will start and now they have a better idea of how to treat it. Please those who believe in pray, please lift her up. Her attitude is great and I've spent a lot of time crying, but have had to turn it over to God.

Has anyone ever ordered charms for Pandora bracelets from E-Bay? A friend gave me the bracelet for my birthday and I need to get a couple of charms for it. I don't think I will want very many. I have the silver Pandora strands of chain bracelet and I love it, just plain and simple.

JackieLou, I'm hoping that you don't get snow. I'm so dreading this winter if it's like last winter was. That reminds me that I need to set up a furnace fall check-up next week. I don't want to wait until I need the furnace and it's better while the weather is still nice so the repairman doesn't have to work on it in the cold. I know they are probably use to it.

I've bought a ton of Pandora beads on Ebay. Just read the feedback on the person you buy from and make sure they have had happy buyers. If the price seems unbelievably low it is most likely fake. I admit it. I am a Pandora addict and have been collecting for over 10 years. Please don't ask how many beads or bracelets I have because I will have to lie. ; ) Janet
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Janet,

Thank you so much for that information. I'm looking at a couple right now that I want.