Daily Check-in May 9, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in May 9, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Sure glad I got my walk in early, not as long as usual but enough when added to the trips up and down the stairs and cleaning to easily make the 10k. Meaning right now it is pouring rain out. Hubby has the big hoses attached to the front downspouts and is directing what rain we get into the newly seeded grass. Hope we get decent grass out front this year.

I am half way through my laundry, and many of the smaller tasks are completed. I will be vacuuming next, and deep cleaning the bathroom.

Off to get things done so I can cozy up into my chair and knit this afternoon away.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

I had a very nice start to my day and went for walking club. With the warmer weather more people are showing up which makes it fun. It’s a bit overcast and cooler than yesterday but acceptable and not below freezing. This afternoon I have Photography Club to enjoy. I haven’t been for a while and today’s excursion is along a creek. The water levels have pretty much crested so it may be more like a river.

Belated Mother’s Day to all and special thoughts for those who find it to be a difficult day. Juggles!

I don’t have many chores on my agenda but will start my Brussels sprouts off in the crockpot before leaving.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, I absolutely love Baggalinis. OhJodi got me into them. That they can be washed is a major plus during Covid. The one I have now holds everything I need and is lightweight, so it doesn't hurt my bum shoulder.

I have had a busy day already. Because I had overtime accrued and left early Friday, I did not see that we had a summer staff meeting at 9 a.m. until I got here a little before 8 a.m. So that got my day off to a start with a bang. Got done with my part of that around 10:30 and I've been working some more on the key audit for the larger dorm. I have finished the one for the little dorm except for two keys that need to be remade.

I hope everyone has a peaceful and safe day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Busy morning - just got home

Had to jump out of bed, throw on some clothes and take my sibling to the local ER. Well someone else drove, I just tagged along. She was urinating blood. And also could not hold in her urine.

They said she had a UTI, got her some drugs and sent her off.

Now I might be able to brush my teeth - lol
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I slept pretty good and feel rested for the most part. Sore from moving stuff but not too bad so that's a good thing.
I paid all bills today and the property taxes. They have all gone up so high...but what can you do but grit your teeth and send the checks.
I also did some planting, I did a decent job of overwintering the angel wing begonias and I thought I had lost both mandevillas but they had some life left in them so we shall see.
Laundry done and hung out, we have some pretty good wind so no burning of the brush pile but it will happen eventually.
I really need to mow but not in the wind, my allergies just cannot take it.
Trying to decide if I want to transplant the hollyhocks or wait a few days to get bigger and stronger.
I am also trying to get internet down at dads but my provider says no slots available so trying to decide next step.
Checked my gladiolas and they are peeking thru the ground, so glad to see them I love them so much.
Need to make some chopped salad and boil some eggs for pickled beets.
Might set up my patio this afternoon if I don't run out of steam. :roll:
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The COD was able to clean up the drain line and clean all that out - so AC is good for now.