Check in for Tues., May 10, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Check in for Tues., May 10, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Waiting for a tele-meeting to start. Once again I am thankful we don't use cameras at my company and client. I am the backup PM for this, so can sit in the background.

Good news! My Dad got a clean report on his last bladder biopsy and so he is a go for Prostate surgery on May 25th.

My neck is still sore from the sunburn. So are my hands, but I only notice it when I wash them.

So far, the thigs I had done seem too have discouraged some birds from nesting in the outer hallway. I could hear them out there yesterday and I chased them away. I let the office know but then did some research. Some nontoxic suggestions were to put baking soda on the flat surface because the birds don't like the feel on their feet. It also said that peppermint repeals them. So I sprinkled baking soda on the light fixture and then added some drops of peppermint oil. No sign of birds today. I don't want to have them dive-bombing me again this summer.

I am thinking tonight I will go and get a pedicure. My toenails need to be clipped and I don't do a good job myself. Tomorrow DGS5 has a Baseball game. Thursday there is a family gathering at the family favorite pizza restaurant because my Aunt and Uncle are in town. They are staying at Mom and Dad's so I did get to see them Sunday night. My Uncle is fighting complications to his diabetes. He had to have a toe amputated and now has an infection.

DS finally got his eyes examined and ordered new contact and glasses. Finally. He also has an interview tomorrow for a bar tending job as well as the Thursday interview for a day job. He is hustling.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:53 am Florida Cat interesting about your foreign money being delivered. How do you do that? I remember years ago I had to go to a bank in St. Louis to get money before I went to Europe. Of course, once I got there it was easy to go to a foreign exchange bank but when arriving in the middle of the night needed cash for a Taxi and sometimes food.
My bank does not keep foreign money on hand but they have a service to order it and it is delivered FedEx for $7.50 (free if you order the equivalent of $1000). I ordered it on Friday and they just delivered it. I am arriving in Copenhagen mid-day but having the cash will be one less thing to do and the train to Stockholm arrives early evening and I may take a taxi to my hotel there. (In Copenhagen I’m going to take the Metro from the airport.)
floridacatlover

Quilter51 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:57 pm Afternoon. Woke up at six thirty but went to bed a bit after ten so I can live with it.

I have done the morning routine of walking ten minutes, doing a quick pickup of the house, throwing a load in the wash, doing my prayer and meditation and other misc so ons and so forth online.

I did one large survey for fifteen dollars that took forty minutes so my earnings are done today unless I do something while watching tv.

I also did my walmart order but cannot get delivery until 9 am tomorrow. I will set my alarm so I get notifications of substitutions and I probably have a couple things I should add before the deadline. My cook for the freezer meals will be a large casserole pan of tuna casserole, tuscan chicken with alfredo sauce and spinach and sundried tomatoes and my first attempt at homemade shepherds pie.

Im emptying otu the freezer so today I am having sweedish meatballs for lunch and hamburger sliders for dinner plus whatever I can find.

This afternoon I will walk every hour and do a half hour of seated aerobics since this is my at home day.

I've moved to the dress wearing days of summer.

Mackie, happy anniversary.
Barb, do you tip when Walmart delivers your groceries? I’ve been reading about Walmart+ and some say you should tip because the groceries are delivered by DoorDash or some other third-party service. Others say you are paying Walmart $13/month (is that correct?) and shouldn’t need to tip. What do you do?
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I am paying bucks a year for free delivery. But without Walmart that delivery would be close to nine bucks a pop each time. So yes, I tip the delivery person, because I am getting free store delivery. Same thing with Insta car which has an annual membership.

I usually order weekly although occasinally it is two weeks and that also covers free shipping from the store, the ability to scan on my app and check out and other benefits besides the free.

The short answer is yes. I ALWAYS tip delivery people and if Amazon allowed it I would probably do it.
floridacatlover

Quilter51 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:40 pm I am paying bucks a year for free delivery. But without Walmart that delivery would be close to nine bucks a pop each time. So yes, I tip the delivery person, because I am getting free store delivery. Same thing with Insta car which has an annual membership.

I usually order weekly although occasinally it is two weeks and that also covers free shipping from the store, the ability to scan on my app and check out and other benefits besides the free.

The short answer is yes. I ALWAYS tip delivery people and if Amazon allowed it I would probably do it.
Thanks. Good to know.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Tue May 10, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Can't remember if I posted yet

Has been quiet so far. Sibling seems to be doing well. Today is the day that her son's MIL comes to help her with chores at the house.

Haven't heard anything - so hope all is fine.

Yesterday was a long day. So we have just been chillaxing here at home.