Check in for Wed., May 11, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Check in for Wed., May 11, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, all you early birds!

Off to pour a cup of tea. Back in a minutes.
Mackie
MackerelCat

Re: Check in for Wed., May 11, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

It's going to be a hot day here. DH woke me up early because our clock radio, which is tuned to the local National Public Radio station, was broadcasting silence. Based on what I learned when I worked there, something probably is wrong at the broadcasting tower that's put the station off the air.

Having been awakened early, I got morning chores done and arrived at work early. This morning I have more training (the last of the week, thank goodness) and then can finish getting the office ready for fall.

Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

I was up at 5:30 am. Took all my meds and hoped I could hold out for that hour of waiting to eat something. Didn't quite make an hour but only had a snack to curb the hungries. I might have a brunch later. I talked to my Shrink yesterday about putting me back on my old sleep scripts. We discussed it and are going up another tablet instead of three. If that doesn't work, back up to the three. I need more sleep than I have been getting but some of that not getting sleep is due to the intense pain in my stupid shoulders. UGH!

Just drinking my first cup of morning coffee. Once I got my Coffeemate, Monday evening, I was good to go! So nice to start the day with a nice cup of coffee. When I was at Shoppers Drug Mart on the weekend, they had coffee on sale so I picked up a can. I know the current one I am on isn't going to last the full month and their special was so much better than even the off name coffee they have at Safeway or any other store.

Don't know what I will get up to today. I got up early because my left shoulder hurt so bad, no movement in bed would alleviate it and often increased the intensity. The Naproxen doesn't seem to be doing so much on the pain front so I got out of bed and along with my other meds and B-12, I took two extra strength Tylenol.

Not much else going on. Just reading Facebook, Twitter and the associated news stories that are posted. I follow a lot of Dog and Cat pages on Twitter and they are so much fun. Always good photos and their Pawrents are quite funny too writing in the 'voice" of their pet. I love it!!

Well, going to go get that second cup of java! Have a great day everyone.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

We are having a few days of less humid weather and cooler mornings. Feels good.

This morning I’ll drop my dvd and book at the library. On the way home I’ll go right by a Publix and will get two more salad kit bags while they are B1G1. I looked at the preview ad this morning and starting tomorrow they are on “sale” for $2 more for the two bags. I’ve seen this pricing previously after the B1G1 sale.

I made an appointment for Friday morning for my second booster. I hope that the dvd I requested from the library is in so that I can pick it up since the Publix Pharmacy is near the library.

I’m going to start pricing socks. I like Gold Toe but will also look at other brands. I like socks with mostly cotton instead of Lycra/polyester (or whatever it is they use) but I also have to think about the drying time for the socks for my trip.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for a bit, in fact have actually put some dishes away, and drank two cups of coffee. I was waiting for the update to install on my computer and it took forever!!! Well it seems to be on now so I can get to work.

Cloudy day with more rain forecast. I want to get out for a small walk even so will hopefully be doing that in a very short time.

Hubby bought his new lawnmower yesterday and is a happy camper. He says it is very light and comes with a mulcher attached. That could be handy I suppose.

I have gone through my wardrobe for the spring and summer, and I could probably use another couple of pairs of shorts, so at some point I hope to make those (not this month, but perhaps next). I will also fashion some pullover tank tops as many of the ones I have are getting kind of old and worn.

Frugally no money will be spent today. Tomorrow the tires are changed and that will cost a bit. I actually think we have spent enough cash this week. Since it is going to be a dark and dreary day I will be knitting and perhaps doing a bit of sewing. I would like to get the pants I cut out sewn over the next couple of days. I also need to decide what pattern to embroider on the tablecloth and get my machine set up to do it.

Really just a blah day here all told.

Supper tonight is going to be Broccoli soup along with egg salad sandwiches.

Today I am grateful for the rain to fill the reservoir and our rain barrel.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept pretty well last night, I did go to bed shortly after 8 pm. I woke up about 5:45. Good considering I went to bed so early.

Breakfast was Cheerios and a sliced banana. My box of Cheerios was the one with some of the Cheerios shaped like hearts.

I folded and put away the towels, I do have to fold a wash.

Penny