Daily Check-in May 12, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in May 12, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Mackie, I know that your lovely boss appreciates all you do and I hope that your new boss will recognize that you take the initiative and do so many things not in your job description.

I’m home from mom’s house and I did more than planned. I cut 2/3 of the backyard. I could have easily cut the whole yard but the part in the shade really didn’t need it and we haven’t had much rain. I’m planning to cut the whole yard a day or two before my trip. I did the planned trimming around the crepe myrtle trees and cleaned out the small garden near the front step. On the side of the house I noticed that grass was almost blocking the pipe where the a/c drains so I cleaned that up which was important.

In my mail I received two coupons for cones of ice cream at a place between mom’s house and my house. They are under new ownership. It is a cute place but they have very little parking. Still, I’ll use those coupons!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Was there with the home health folks for almost two hours.

They reviewed all the meds, took vitals, tried to explain to sibling what she had to do

Her meds are sort of a mess. She might need a new doctor - but she hates going to the city.

Who knows if she is taking her meds correctly. They are separated and set up each week.

And hopefully she will start getting a meal delivery service that will bring her the necessary diet. They will check on that. I tried to do it before but if she can't get her tightwad self to pay for anything like that. And she has plenty of dinero. Oh well.

Now to relax. I did get her some food before I left - she was starving. She loves her spicy, greasy, salty tacos and menudo and hates having to eat right. Too bad! I got her a salad
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Quilter51 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:20 am Morning all. Mid seventies but it will hit niney today so after this I will work on watering my patio flowers and plants and do a quick round of the apartment and pickup and also get some steps in.

I need to dig out my bedroom today. Yesterday I brought bras in two sizes and a couple other things home knowing that half would need to be returned (the store is okay with it, I just cannot try on in dressing rooms with all my issues). Somewhere is my receipt but darned if I know where, so I will search for it. I am never getting an underwire bra again after my last good one wears out (still good), swear, volupuous or not.

Yesterday I went to grilled cheese lunch and then I got my annual mammo and my first bone density test, so my day was fairly well shot in terms of doing stuff at home. after that, I did the lane bryant bra shop and met friends at a new restaurant called Shuck Me for happy hour where they each had a small platter and I just had lobster shuckers (hush puppies with lobster inside) and a drink.

Since my eating yesterday consided of a glazed donut for breakfast, the half grilled cheese for lunch and the hush puppies, I came home and had a large bowl of vegetable soup for dinner!

Today and tomorrow I plan to be mainly at home, other than perhaps walking to our little in community food pantry and maybe driving to the senior center. I want to spend some intensive time on some quilting and other projects, including my on line work.

I'm tentatively making a large casserole dish of shepherd's pie (never did homemade before) so that I can break it down into freezable portions. Since my energy and ability to stand is pretty much shot by six, I will make it mid afternoon and then just leave out one day's portion to eat tonight. I also need to make a dozen poached eggs again.

Ye
Hello Quilter!

I am what is known as "VERY" voluptuous. So much so that buying bras is a nightmare for me! I gave up on underwires because being STABBED is just not something I'm willing to put up with anymore! It was difficult as it was to deal with them!

I was really searching for new ones before Christmas and I wanted something, if possible, that would close at the front. That's asking a lot of a larger bra cup! BUT!! SUCCESS! I thought I'd give you this link to the wonderful, front closure bra I found and got. It is SO COMFY! And very supportive and I don't know if it does do anything for my rotten back but it still might do something for me. The support and comfort is one of the best bras I've had in AGES. Thought I'd pass it along to you. As you know, us larger gals can't get off cheap for bras. This one, I kept checking every other day and the price varies and they have sales. So, there ya go!

Edited to add: There are many sizes to choose from and I used the fitting chart and it was PERFECT! I did read the reviews and even though I have a big "belly" I have no problems with the bra "rolling" as some people had commented. Nope. So happy with it.. I'm saving up for another one!

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000VK3ZLU/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=ca0925ce8d34185b683502a1684867c1&hsa_cr_id=8333733130201&pd_rd_plhdr=t&pd_rd_r=d2cdd710-b0de-4762-bf2c-10de5d490d9e&pd_rd_w=KxmB9&pd_rd_wg=yea5e&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_tsld_asin_0_img&th=1&psc=1
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I got up a little after 6:00 am. Crawled out of bed and got to the kitchen to take all my meds. I then went back to bed as there is that hour of waiting after taking that stupid thyroid pill. I got in maybe a bit more than an hour and that was good. Had my two cups of coffee and was out the door to run errands.

I was looking for a mop small enough to work in my small bathroom. I'm done with doing hands and knees. The knees hurt too much! I found a nice mop for only $10 on FB Marketplace. I had a small, 5 miles, trek into the country to get it. I then stopped at Dollar Tree and the woman had the card set aside for me. I then went and got some candles to light for my Dad and other occasions. They also had cornbread stove top stuffing so I got two boxes to try. If I like it, I'll go get a few more boxes as this is the first time I've ever seen it. I got the change into my purse, the receipt in my wallet and the cart put back when they reminded me I bought stuff. AGAIN, I was leaving my purchases behind. I must be cursed today!! LOL

I had to order a larger band for my Fitbit. The other was so small it hurt!! It took quite a bit of looking to find an extra large one. I found a nice metal band that came in a variety of colors. I got the violet color so I could remember Minnesota's own Viking's and Prince!! I put it on the watch and there is ample extra room for my big wrist bones! So much comfier. Very nice looking too!

It wasn't a cheap day for certain. After picking up the Fitbit band at my friend's house, I stopped at the Co-op and put $60 worth of gas in the van. I hope that lasts a long time! My Carbon Tax Refund is pretty much gone. BUT I got my neighbor paid back and I got my driver's license renewal paid for and gas for the van. That took care of important things I'd been hoping to pay off for a long time.

We are getting rain today too. The flooding in other parts of Manitoba is really quite bad. The Assiniboine River that runs through Brandon has breached its banks but has not gone outside of the area of the parks which are all along the river bank. The water from the upper Assiniboine still hasn't come down river and with all this rain? We haven't a clue yet as to when it will reach flood peak. I don't think they'll have to use our ring dike as they have in so many towns around here.

I think I'm going to go for a nap later this afternoon. Currently caught up on stuff and watching a DVR of a Dateline murder mystery.

That's the Skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Darn I am learning about some of the meds my sibling takes

Jardiance - originally for diabetes 2 and now used for heart issues. Weird right?

And the side effects - UTIs and dizziness - why she went to the ER again on Monday.

I told my family to just put me in the assisted living home!!!
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

jardiance has multiple uses, including weight loss, diabetes control and heart issues. I understand for many it does not work well but for many it is a life saver. This is the one that was 200 bucks for me and that I ended up controlling myself without after the first month. But I do know many who take it and do it thankfully.