Daily Check-in May 12, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in May 12, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:35 pm Update- I was totally pampered at the hairdresser this morning, am very happy with my cut and colour. It felt so good to do something halfway normal. I hadn’t been since September, 2019! It felt very safe -only two hairdressers and two customers who just had their hair cut. All of us were wearing masks although it is optional now.

My haircut and colour cost $100, including a hot oil treatment and the 13% tax. I didn’t think that was too bad at all. She also blow dried my hair and styled it. They do give a senior’s discount. Out of curiosity, is that in lign with what you pay? This is in Canadian dollars.

After this I ate lunch at home, went for a walk as the rain stopped and stored away all my thick, bulky winter clothes. I left out a few sweatshirts and hoodies as we certainly still need some heavier stuff. I will haul the summer clothes into my room tomorrow now that I have somewhere to put them.

Sleep tight everyone!

Creative
That is really a good price. Here in the middle of the country I pay $42.00 just for a cut with no tip added. I don't believe the stylist I go to gives a seniors discount either. I do not get my hair washed as that adds another 4 dollars to the cost.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:35 am My one friend used to go for cut and color. It was about $170. She decided to go with the grey and now pays about $100 for the cut. Mind you, her hairdresser is one of the most requested in town but he has just retired. I don't know that her salon will reduce the prices when he leaves

Me? With my really ratty mop (thinned out a lot and doc says it's related to thyroid), I go to the Systems Beauty College. Donna there, the instructor, is really my hair dresser but the students do the cut and then she comes and finishes it. It is $12 and I toss in another $5.00. I am going to look into getting a pedicure there. It is $25. Like Maggie, I do a lousy job of trying to cut my toesies and make them look nice. I think that might be the next purchase with my doggo babysitting incomes "treat."

That's just a couple of examples and both are kinda at the "extreme" ends but $100 is a VERY good price!! Good job Creative!!

MJ
I can’t imagine paying $100 just for a haircut. The breakdown was $35 for the haircut, shampoo and style and $65 for the colour and hot oil treatment . That is a special seniors rate. My hairdresser is a tiny, petite Italian woman who doesn’t speak English well but can understand everything I say. She looks to be late 40’s, early 50’s. She told me she started her hairdressing career in Italy at age 14, and had to be recertified upon arrival here. She’s very pleasant and I honestly don’t mind not having the superficial chitchat. Not judgmental about me going to the hairdresser infrequently either.

I checked out Super Clips and some of the other discount places and they nickel and dime you to death with every service. It would have cost me more and I much prefer supporting an independent hair salon.

Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:14 am That is really a good price. Here in the middle of the country I pay $42.00 just for a cut with no tip added. I don't believe the stylist I go to gives a seniors discount either. I do not get my hair washed as that adds another 4 dollars to the cost.
After reading what your price is, I feel really good about supporting my hairdresser. I would much rather support an independent hair salon than any discount chain as well! I was so pleased that I gave a $30 tip and my hairdresser was thrilled!

Creative
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:38 pm Clem,
Me too! I think that was 5th Grade!! LOL

MJ
I first remember being C. Now I am an H.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I have been a triple D. BUT. As I lose weight and the band size goes down since my boobs arent shrinking I expect I need an F now. I'll keep the one I got but next time the cup goes up and the band goes down or stays the same.