Daily Check-in May 12, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in May 12, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be in the low 70s today but cloudy . . . I'll take it.

Well the dumpsters were supposed to have been delivered here yesterday so I will be finishing packing my car with things to toss out and head over to one of them. It has felt good getting rid of the excess that I've had hanging around. I did find some extra computer speakers I didn't realize I had and was going to toss them as well, but have decided to hold on to them a bit longer.

I didn't get the low grade fever from the booster, but I do have the "light red lump" around the injection site which I had with all the other shots. It's sensitive to touch, but other than that it will most likely disappear in a week like the others.

Today will be a same old same old day for me with the exception of a Zoom Breakfast Club session this morning. The topic is Isolation and Depression so it could be interesting.

Tonight's dinner is a hot dog with veggies.

Well that's all I have for now. Have a great day.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in May 12, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

We are looking at another 80+ degree (F) day. I hear my AC kick on and cringe. But I am not willing to sleep in the heat and my allergies preclude sleeping with the windows open. I do have my ceiling fan on.

I want to plan out my calories today as I will be going to the local pizza joint for a family get-together.

So I had to count the different video sessions for the training I am currently working on. There are 44 different modules, each averages an hour long. I am not sure if I will take to corresponding certification exam, but when I complete the training, I can use the certificate to show I took the training and it will count as Continuing education required for 2 of my existing certifications. I have completed 25 of the modules.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Jackie the rain has moved east and that’s what I woke up to this morning. The temperature still remains warm so I’ll take it. Flood warnings have been issued for some parts of our area but I don’t think our basement or our neighbour’s basement will be affected. It will rain continuously all day so a perfect time to switch out my wardrobe.

I am so excited about going to the hairdresser this morning! It’s been about two and a half years since I last had a professional cut and colour. Last year hairdressers went for 166 days being unable to work in Ontario due to Covid restrictions so I will give a generous tip.

Dh is going to Canadian Tire this morning to get a new bicycle pump as our old one (%almost 40 years old!) has konked out. He attempted to put air into all of our bikes and the tires ended up flatter. The pump is actually on sale this week so good timing. My car will be out of the garage so he can putter around in there. It’s best he keeps busy!

I took out some ground turkey so it’s going to be Taco Thursday for Dd2 and Dh. I will make a lentil taco filling for myself. I have some cauliflower and broccoli I can steam for a side vegetable. So a relatively simple supper.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:49 am Good morning beautiful people,

Jackie the rain has moved east and that’s what I woke up to this morning. The temperature still remains warm so I’ll take it. Flood warnings have been issued for some parts of our area but I don’t think our basement or our neighbour’s basement will be affected. It will rain continuously all day so a perfect time to switch out my wardrobe.

I am so excited about going to the hairdresser this morning! It’s been about two and a half years since I last had a professional cut and colour. Last year hairdressers went for 166 days being unable to work in Ontario due to Covid restrictions so I will give a generous tip.

Dh is going to Canadian Tire this morning to get a new bicycle pump as our old one (%almost 40 years old!) has konked out. He attempted to put air into all of our bikes and the tires ended up flatter. The pump is actually on sale this week so good timing. My car will be out of the garage so he can putter around in there. It’s best he keeps busy!

I took out some ground turkey so it’s going to be Taco Thursday for Dd2 and Dh. I will make a lentil taco filling for myself. I have some cauliflower and broccoli I can steam for a side vegetable. So a relatively simple supper.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Creative
We are getting yet more over the next few days, up to 65mm in my area and almost 90 mm in the part of the province youngest lives in. This will probably head into Manitoba and your area as well. Be prepared.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am watching the rain clouds move in as I sit and type this. I might have to forego the morning walk. I will miss it if that happens yet again. Still 65 mm of rain over two days is a great deal and we will need to watch for flooding in the basement.

Later this afternoon we will be taking the vehicle in to change over from the winter tires to the all season. For the first time in probably 5 years we will be taking it to the dealership for this job. Mainly because all the independent tire shops have closed except for one, and they charge an arm and a leg for any job (as well as their tires). I may wait at the dealership for the work to be done as I have a feeling it will be a very quick job.

So with the rain I will be once again putzing around the house and working on projects. I think that today I just might do some sewing. If I turn on all the lights it should brighten the room up enough. If I finish the pants early enough I may move on to knitting once again.

Really, nothing exciting on the horizon at all. Perhaps we should go for a bit of a road trip one of these days. Mind you it needs to stop raining first.

Supper tonight is clean out the fridge. It was supposed to be using up the leftover short ribs, but I under estimated how many Hubby would eat and there is only enough for one person. Yet there are bits and bobs of other things and if worse comes to worse I can make myself a sandwich and have some salad with it. Though beans on toast sounds much more appetizing.

Today I am grateful to have a choice... A choice of what to eat, a choice of what to wear, and a choice of what to do.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

MrsCreative, I hope that you thoroughly enjoy your hair appointment!

We have had nice weather the past few days and I hope that the humidity stays low today. It is already sunny.

Last week I picked out new glasses at a local place and I picked them up yesterday. I decided to get the bifocals here and order distance glasses online and will do that after my trip. I also want to get a new pair of Rx sunglasses. Worrier that I am, I was skeptical that my new Rx was correct but it is and I can see well and like the glasses.

Today I’ll go to mom’s house. I must admit that the yard is in good shape but I noticed vine at the base of two crepe myrtle trees so I’ll cut that before it becomes a problem. I’m sure there is other trimming to do, too. It will be too sunny to work on the ixora. The porch needs a good cleaning and I might start by giving the floor a good sweep.

I watched a segment on bird flu last night on PBSNewshour. They said the price of eggs had doubled compared to a year ago and I believe it.

I got a note from my former co-worker who had the quadruple bypass. He’s doing well. After my trip, I’ll see if we can go to lunch. I saw him at the retirement party for our editor but didn’t really catch up and this was of course before his heart operation. He is in his 50s and is like us, very frugal and I know that he can retire any time and I wonder after this medical condition (and the fact there is a new editor) if he’ll move up his retirement date.

My puzzle is taking forever. It is fun but the image is flags of the world so sorting the pieces was difficult. I’m probably 2/3 to 3/4 done.

Have a good day.