Daily Check-in May 13, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in May 13, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be spring-like in temperature, low 70s, but a cloudy, gray day. Yesterday they had predicted some occasional rain; this morning they show no sign of rain.

Today I have to go pick up my glasses and will also stop at the grocery store for some items for the Postal Service food drive. I do have some light sweeping and vacuuming to do for today.

I also have to dump my "junk" in the dumpsters. I don't know what I was thinking, I mean when they tell me they will be available on the 12th, then I should expect that they mean the 13th or the 14th LOL. Same thing happened last week. We received notice that our tree company was coming last Wednesday to spray the trees and to move our cars. Wednesday was a beautiful day, no tree service. They came on Friday when it rained and there was no notice of the change. Had to run out just before they got to my area.

The rest of the day will then be spent working on updating my website and maybe working in a puzzle book or two.

Dinner tonight will be a pork chop and veggies.

Well that's all for now. Have a wonderful day.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in May 13, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

It is an overcast morning but I don’t think there is rain in the forecast.

This morning I’ll get my booster. While at Publix, I will pick up a few items for the Postal Food Dive. I already have a few items from my pantry. Then I’ll pick up my dvd at the library and run by mom’s house to pick up the free newspaper. I’ve already asked the neighbors on the other side to pick up the paper and anything left on the door during my trip.

Sweden is going to join NATO. I’ve only seen the headline so far. I know the stories mention that since Ukraine, Sweden’s military has bolstered its presence on the island of Gotland. That is where I’m going for two days but I hope the military will be on another part of the island. My friend’s cruise ship is also stopping there.

Have a good day.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Fri May 13, 2022 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The rain started falling in earnest at about 6 pm last night and is still coming down. Now, while the sound of rain on the roof is usually harmonious to me, right now it is getting to be quite the opposite. I am beginning to feel shut in and incapable of getting outside for a good walk to stretch those muscles that are sore and stiff after a nights sleep. Guess it will be marching in place while watching a television program....

Today, I will more than likely finish off the pants I started yesterday, might even hem them as well. Perhaps I will even get my embroidery machine set up for the tablecloth. I need to try and remember what patterns are available, find the stabilizer and get it situated onto the fabric. I suppose it should be the wash off or removable types. I was leaning towards a flower of some type, but I kind of thing some type of paisley pattern might be nice.

Household tasks for today are bake bread, dust, vacuum, tidy the living room, pay my bills online and when the rain stops or slows down go and get our biweekly allowances from the ATM. I may throw in some extra cleaning like dusting down the pictures on the walls. I may go through the cupboards and start the grocery list for next week. I know there are a few items I am on the last package of so will make note of them.

Last night was a great clean out the fridge supper. We managed to use up the baked beans, the short ribs, the leftover rice and the remains of the salad. I had mixed some salmon salad up to go with our cheesy broccoli soup a few nights ago and that will more than likely be used up making a sandwich for lunch. It is so nice to have a clean fridge, well clean for a bit at any rate.

Supper tonight is going to be a lazy perogy casserole. There will of course be leftovers so the fridge will be starting to fill up. I have to do a rewrite of the menu for tomorrow as I will need to pull out some leftover beef to use up which I was going to use up on Monday and changed my mind slightly. Getting the most out of what I pay for is the mantra for almost every year. Just more so this year as costs sky rocket.

Today I am grateful for boring stay at home and work days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:33 am Hello friends.

It is an overcast morning but I don’t think there is rain in the forecast.

This morning I’ll get my booster. While at Publix, I will pick up a few items for the Postal Food Dive. I already have a few items from my pantry. Then I’ll pick up my dvd at the library and run by mom’s house to pick up the free newspaper. I’ve already asked the neighbors on the other side to pick up the paper and anything left on the door during my trip.

Sweden is going to join NATO. I’ve only seen the headline so far. I know the stories mention that since Ukraine, Sweden’s military has bolstered its presence on the island of Gotland. That is where I’m going for two days but I hope the military will be on another part of the island. My friend’s cruise ship is also stopping there.

Have a good day.
I read that they are being a bit more cautious than Finland (whose papers are being rushed through the process) and the Swedish government will make their announcement on May 15th. Chances are they will be joining, but who knows what could happen in the meantime. If they decide to join I can see their papers being pushed through quickly as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal ones. I packed up a bag for the postal service food drive this morning and taped the post card to it so I would remember.

Some time today I need to call DH's skin doctor and get onboard as a patient. I have a little sun damage on my arms and a little spot on my face from decades of driving with the car windows down and need to get it looked at.

This afternoon I will pack up my work belongings in a box and will start Monday in a different building for the summer. I hope it's not going to be as hard as last summer, but the department is very short-handed and that will get worse after July when the only spare building supervisor leaves.

Back to work. Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Yesterday I asked my Mom to look at my upper back, just below my neck where I got sunburned. She said it is still red and now it is peeling. Sigh. I stopped on the way to DGS5's baseball game the other night and got new sunscreen. I wore a ball hat at graduation and a long sleeved shirt. But the shirt has a scoop neck. It has been a while since I got that burned.

No big plans for this evening. The group is seeing a play and then talking about dinner at a place that does not excite me enough to drive down. Next month the free outdoor concerts should be starting. Looking forward to that. Tomorrow the DGSs have a soccer game at 10 AM but baseball is not until 4 PM. I need to get a birthday gift for DDIL. Her birthday was yesterday.

Have a great day,
Maggie