Daily Check-in May 13, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in May 13, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Penny, that is awful about your washer. I hope you get a replacement fast.

I am having a rather late lunch, as I worked through my regular lunchtime entering damage charges on student accounts for one of the buildings that does not have an office assistant. There were 586 charges, so it was a lot of tedious copy-paste-review. I did make up a sheet of frequent charges on Notepad that made things go a lot faster, since a group of room mates are often charged with the same set of costs.

DH texted me this morning that his company had a round of layoffs this morning. He's okay, but it's very worrisome. The company had its first quarterly loss in years due to all the stuff regular people have been dealing with: high fuel costs, inflationary pressure, lack of automative parts and vehicles, and lack of a qualified workforce.

All we know to do is hang tight and keep being very frugal.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by floridacatlover » Fri May 13, 2022 12:17 pm

itspennyc wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 12:03 pm
Washer repair person has come and gone. The control board of my washer is broken.

It could be up to 4 weeks before I know if they are going to repair or replace.

Penny
Penny, that is terrible! Your washer is almost new. I remember when you asked about brands. What was it, a year or so ago? What brand is it? To make you wait four weeks is a disgrace in my opinion. What are you going to do? Does your apartment complex have a laundry room or is there a laundry service? I know your daughter is not too far away but she works and you don’t drive. Good luck. (((Hugs)))
At this time I am not sure what I am going to do. The washer is just under 3 years old. My son bought an extended warranty. That expired the day after I called.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

itspennyc wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:20 pm At this time I am not sure what I am going to do. The washer is just under 3 years old. My son bought an extended warranty. That expired the day after I called.

Penny
Do they have laundry facilities there?
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:38 pm Penny, that is awful about your washer. I hope you get a replacement fast.

I am having a rather late lunch, as I worked through my regular lunchtime entering damage charges on student accounts for one of the buildings that does not have an office assistant. There were 586 charges, so it was a lot of tedious copy-paste-review. I did make up a sheet of frequent charges on Notepad that made things go a lot faster, since a group of room mates are often charged with the same set of costs.

DH texted me this morning that his company had a round of layoffs this morning. He's okay, but it's very worrisome. The company had its first quarterly loss in years due to all the stuff regular people have been dealing with: high fuel costs, inflationary pressure, lack of automative parts and vehicles, and lack of a qualified workforce.

All we know to do is hang tight and keep being very frugal.
This was the exact reason our youngest son moved from Finning back to the city. They were always laying someone off and finally he was the last person in his area of expertise doing the work of 5 and traveling all over Western Canada doing other dealerships work as well as his own dealership's. That is when he decided to move back to working for the city. Seems much happier right now.

I do hope your husband is safe.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/