Formula shortage in Canada?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: Formula shortage in Canada?

Post by Sandy »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:14 pm When I think of how many miles I biked as a kid with no helmet...

Or skateboarded, also without a helmet or pads. Did have an accident doing that, wound up with a bad case of road rash - never skateboard in a sundress, not even if it's just for transportation rather than fun.

What really alarms me is I remember taking aspirin as a kid :shock:
Aspirin was all there was for the majority of us when we were kids. Until I reached 15-16 I had chronic tonsilitis (and I still have mine since doctors began to show they served a purpose other than to get infected and my mom had the perfect reason not to have mine removed), and would spike temps of 104+.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I had my tonsils out at age 9 because they made me constantly sick and I was horribly allergic to penicillin. Had a lot of aspirin in the years before they came out.

As an adult, I can't take aspirin because it makes my ears ring and gives me gastritis.
Mackie
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:34 pm I had my tonsils out at age 9 because they made me constantly sick and I was horribly allergic to penicillin. Had a lot of aspirin in the years before they came out.

As an adult, I can't take aspirin because it makes my ears ring and gives me gastritis.
I take one low dose aspirin a day (81 mg). I wouldn't dare take an adult dose of aspirin as it sets my stomach on fire. Also keep a close eye on the amount of Tylenol I take and, because I have seasonal allergies with sinus headaches, I get kinda grumpy at times.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So last night I was listening to the news and we now have a shortage of baby formula in certain areas of the country.

People are panic buying since hearing of the shortage in the United States, and my city is getting more American buyers than ever before according to one of my friends who works in a pharmacy.

Hopefully this can be nipped in the bud quickly. Ottawa is one area where the shortage has gotten problematic.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Jackielou wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:03 am So last night I was listening to the news and we now have a shortage of baby formula in certain areas of the country.

People are panic buying since hearing of the shortage in the United States, and my city is getting more American buyers than ever before according to one of my friends who works in a pharmacy.

Hopefully this can be nipped in the bud quickly. Ottawa is one area where the shortage has gotten problematic.
Today, President Biden invoked the Defense Production Act in response to the formula shortage in the United States.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

The shortage has now entered my province, and unfortunately unlike the US we only have one manufacturing plant, and no such thing as the Defense Production Act.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/