Formula shortage in Canada?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ownedbydogs

Re: Formula shortage in Canada?

Post by ownedbydogs »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:35 pm I was reading about a formula shortage in the US; I didn't realize it was in Canada too.

Shelves here are fully stocked; I love grape pedialyte (cures headaches) and keep a bottle in stock and that's the same aisle - no empty slots.

Maybe, in places where it's in short supply, it's either a supply chain thing or a hoarding thing - like TP at the beginning of the pandemic.

My ex MIL says ex-h was allergic to everything *except* buttermilk. Why buttermilk would be any different than cow's milk...? But he grew up not to have lactose issues. Sure does love buttermilk, though. Only person I've ever seen drink it straight. :shock:
I drink it everyday. Helped better than any of the meds the dr prescribed.
frugalmom

Re: Formula shortage in Canada?

Post by frugalmom »

In our area of CA, there is a shortage. Very hard to find right now. I went to one store and they had a bunch of thieves take it and run out of the store! They wiped them out at Safeway! So I went to an expensive grocery store in another city figuring maybe they would be there. It was locked up under glass and key. There were only maybe 10 there and there was a limit of 4. I bought 4. I went back the next week and the rest were all gone. I found a frugal freebie app and there are plenty being given free. I think the moms that breastfeed are giving their sample boxes away. My daughter doesn't trust it, so she doesn't want me to get it free. We need a specific one anyway called Gentlease which is better for her sensitive stomach. My daughter is breastfeeding but not producing much like 1 ounce after 30 minutes of pumping! So we worry she will lose breastfeeding, so getting formula now to supplement her feedings. Hopefully, more will come-they flew some in from Sweden, but that went to hospitals to give out to their patients/members.