Daily Check-in May 14, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in May 14, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Another warm but gray and cloudy day.

Nothing special is planned for today with the exception of my Saturday morning chat. I do have some updating of my financial records to do and I have one bill and a charitable donation to make (ambulance corp) which I'll do online.

Finally got rid of the stuff I was planning to as when I got back from picking up my glasses I went driving around until I found a dumpster. I'm starting to feel better about my surroundings already.

Today will be a same old same old, what with reading and playing games on the computer, exercising etc.

Dinner tonight is a can of Hearty Minestrone soup.

Well I guess that's all for now so have a wonderful day everyone.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in May 14, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning Logics and all.

Mackie, I hope that your DH does not lose his job. Thankfully you have paid off your mortgage and that is a big thing.

Penny, I hope that things get sorted with your washer sooner than later.

I’m up early for me. I didn’t sleep great. I felt fine all day yesterday after my booster but almost as soon as I went to bed I had chills and at times could not get warm. I’m better this morning but my arm still hurts a lot.

First thing I walked up to the mailboxes with my food donations. There were already three bags there. Our postal delivery person usually gets here before 10 a.m. and sometimes earlier on Saturday.

I have a small list of chores and paperwork and will see if I can check a few off the list. But I’m not going to push myself and will likely take a nap.

Have a good day.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Today I have my Walmart pickup and will be doing my laundry. I plan to wash my short length down jacket as I think it’s finally safe to store it away for another season. It’s a weird time of year. One day you may need to wear a headband and light gloves, the next day a sun hat and shorts. Here it literally seemed to go directly from winter to summer. Dh and I were just chatting about how much space is required to store away all the seasonal stuff! We put away the ice scrapers from our cars into the garage. All snow clearing equipment stored away along with winter tires. Hauled out the bikes and gardening hoses and equipment, etc.

Yesterday I very happily finished stowing away all the winter clothing while listening to a CD. I got in a walk by walking to the pharmacy and spent time afterwards sitting in our backyard reading and drinking in the sunshine! Dd2 and I took our first bike ride of the season after dinner and there were people everywhere on the bike/walking trails and in their yards. It seems like everyone has come out of hibernation. Dh was very happy to practice his golf shots at a driving range and he visited his Italian friend and had a look at his very impressive greenhouse and garden. Tony lives in a semi rural area and grows so much stuff! He has to put up a high fence around his garden to ward off the deer.

Penny I think it’s absolutely criminal that your washer has konked out already. It’s not like it had heavy use with only laundry for one person. I sincerely hope it can be repaired at no cost to you. Today’s appliances literally are junk!

MJ have you had a chance to ride your bike yet? I really enjoyed it last night and it definitely engaged some muscles I don’t normally use. It definitely increases the distance you can travel compared to walking. I have a 35 year old Supercycle mountain bike we bought from Canadian Tire years ago and I love it! It coasts well, is well balanced and easy to pedal. I usually only bike on paved trails and not one to actually mountain bike on rough terrain. Dd2 bought herself her touring bike about three years ago and it’s very nice to ride as well. I have tried hers out and we are pretty close in height so can ride each other’s bikes.

Last night I put on my apple cinnamon steel cut oats made in the crockpot. Somehow I have more energy with the warmer temperatures and feel a lot more motivated to try new recipes. It turned out well and the kitchen smelled so good in the morning. Dishwasher has been set off and first load of laundry going.

Today I have the urge to visit some garden centres, our farmers market and some outdoor craft shows. But I am going to try to resist and instead prepare the garden and till the ground around the perennial flowers. I bought a new garden ornament at the pharmacy yesterday. They carry a lovely selection of seasonal gifts. This was not on my list at all!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Didn't sleep well either. I was tossing and turning thinking of what I had to do to get ready for our "trip"

Where is my overnight bag, makeup bag etc. Good think I keep my makeup bag stocked with toothpaste, and toothbrush

Our plans changed and we will be spending the night in the city. My sibling was driving up and she usually stays with my ill sibling. She has several spare rooms. But ill sibling told her she could not stay. We all thought that was weird. Oh well. So we are going to stay in the city. At least we won't have to get up as early. But then now I have to pack.

And then I hope my pups will be okay. The COD will be here but I still worry and worry. Gotta snap out of it.

Have a great day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

While the sun really isn't shining at least the rain has stopped. It is pretty cold out side though so I will be layering up to go for my bit of a walk about this morning (though I could take today off as I have done over my 10 or 11K steps almost every day this past week.

So today I just might pick up sticks in the yard as my daily exercise, and make a trip to the stores to see what plants are available to be purchased. Maybe buy a few even..... I really need to see growing things and around here if you wait too long everything is picked over big time and you can not find what you want.

Called youngest DS last night to see how his basement is... No water and he has the sump pump ready to do. Asked if he was coming home for the long weekend (bribed him with the lawn mower) and he said yes. Hopefully I will have a few things ready for him to take back with him and perhaps he can find a top for the old camping fire pit we have to give him. He did buy himself a little rototiller now that he found out he does not have to pay for the deductible to get his car fixed (the lady finally came forward). I would like to save him a bit as things are so costly right now and while he has a good job, it does not pay so much that he can fritter away money that could be used to fix up the things that he needs to do first.

Oldest DS posted on Twitter that his garden was in for the most part. He is hopeful that the new area he picked to plant his strawberries takes off. Oldest DS spends a great deal of time outside and so his yard (at least the back) is his pride and joy. He does need to paint the fence though.

Frugally all meals will as usual be made here at home. I only have one potato left so I guess the meals we eat up until I go shopping will consist of other starches like rice or pasta.

I did not get our allowances yesterday as it was just too cold and rainy, so I will use the ATM and get those today. If the rain has stopped I may go and purchase a few plants, which will be my only spending.

Read over the skirt pattern directions yet again and my goodness they are simple. I should be able to finish sewing it today and have both the pants and skirt hemmed as well. I am just trying to decide if I want a hand sewn hem or a machine sewn hem.

Supper tonight is going to be some leftover roast beef. I think I just might make the beef roll I had planned for last month and never made. I won't have to worry about a starch for this meal and any leftovers can be stored for another meal early next week. Also have some peppers that need to be used so this gives me a great way of using them up.

Just looked out the front window and the rain has started once again..... Not very hard, but enough that I am glad that today is going to be a break day (sort of).

Today I am grateful that I slept in a bit today. Had a slightly restless night so the extra bit of shut eye helped a great deal.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have the TV off, right now it is just noise.

I placed an H-E-B order for delivery tomorrow morning. They had the Vanilla Mootopia milk in again. I ordered 2. I only have a partial one left.

The dresses are now hanging on hangers on the shower rod. Yesterday I hung them on the back grab bar. My splints are still damp, I washed those by hand. I hung the pot holders on some pants hangers. To hang to dry. I had them balanced over a large mixing pitcher, yesterday.

Socks I will wash by hand and use my salad spinner to some what spin out the water, then hang to dry.

After taking care of all the wet stuff I am tired. But should be fine soon.

I want to do some sewing today. I also would like to cut out my fabric for my next phone bag. I have to make the pattern for that before I can cut it out. The last time I made it too narrow to hold my phone. So I am trying again.

Penny