Daily Check-in May 14, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in May 14, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

I think I have settled down.

I've showered, washed my hair, makeup is done and I'm dressed.

My bag is packed. Water bowls and food bowls are full. I've spent the night away a few months ago and that was when all three senior pups were alive. They survived. So I know things will be okay - lol

Ready to go - just wait about 4 hours. So will relax.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi all,

Home from DGS8's soccer game. I was a little late. I thought it was at 10 so I was taking my time this morning, but at 8:30 my phone alerted me that it started a 9. DGS played well. I found out the DGS5 is not going to his game this afternoon. He also is apparently not feeling well and he and his Mom were not at the soccer game. So now I need to figure out what to do with myself. I went grocery shopping last night.

On my way home DS2 contacted me. He did not have enough $$ to pay his electric bill. So I sent him some $$.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

I admire those of you who sew your own clothes.

It's not that I can't as I learned how to sew from my grandmother when I was quite young and in fact have one of Singer's workhouse portable sewing machines sitting in a closet. For me it's an issue of just not being interested enough in wanting to do it. Also since the places I go are super casual, I have enough clothes without having to add more. I do however wish I had the ambition.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

For the time being, we think DH's job will be okay. He's been there six years, so we are going to keep being very frugal and hang tight. Having the house paid off and not much debt otherwise is a huge relief.

I woke up fairly early and have been doing Saturday chores. Waiting on DS to finish using the washer and dryer so I can start my laundry. Also got my Stamp Out Hunger bag to the mailbox. DH went to Aldi early and stocked our little chest freezer with sandwich bread.

Up next is making a grocery list. I must get back in the groove of making a healthy lunch: the past two weeks of pre-made easy items told on me when I got on the scales this morning.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Mrscreative wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:42 am Good morning beautiful people,

MJ have you had a chance to ride your bike yet? I really enjoyed it last night and it definitely engaged some muscles I don’t normally use. It definitely increases the distance you can travel compared to walking. I have a 35 year old Supercycle mountain bike we bought from Canadian Tire years ago and I love it! It coasts well, is well balanced and easy to pedal. I usually only bike on paved trails and not one to actually mountain bike on rough terrain. Dd2 bought herself her touring bike about three years ago and it’s very nice to ride as well. I have tried hers out and we are pretty close in height so can ride each other’s bikes.

Creative
Creative,

My bike is still in storage at Zoe and John's house. I now have a bigger problem with riding it. I have no place to put it because our caretaker, &#@!, won't let them be stored outside anymore and I don't have the room in my apartment without making it difficult to open the front door. UGH! Maybe I'll talk to &#@! about him letting me store it under the stairs. He might go for that but I'm not holding my breath. &#@! runs warm and cold on what he wants to do or give for accommodations.

I also have to admit to being a bit scared to ride it. With my right leg causing me to crash twice on steps this winter, I hope it would hold up to biking. I have a walking/bike path less than 50 yards away from the front door of my apartment buidling so that is a good thing. Just gotta test it out and see where it goes from there!!

MJ
The scaredy cat!!
Hope has a good imagination.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Penny, I think the turn around time for your repair is criminal but thankfully I think you got them before the warrantly ran out? I know your budget is very tight but if the wait is too long maybe your son or daughter could pay once or twice for one of those fluff and fold places so you dont have to haul laundry any where.

Mackie, good to hear your hubby's job is safe, but having no debt is helpful.

It's really funny, I sew quilts, home decor, and almost anythingyou canname but not clothing. I suppose I should start but Im particular on color and seem to find enough stuff on sale and the used market to keep me going.

It's already 85 and the temp is heading north quickly. I slept fairly well and as soon as I got up stripped my bed and threw stuff in the wash, watered the plansts, and moved around a bit before sitting down with my breakfast and the laptop. In addition to my normal morning stuff, I spent time setting up my ibotta list and getting a red card from target in order to add a bit more savings to the pot here and there and also got the upside app so I can get cashback for gas.

I ordered some yarn overnight on Amazon to start a summer shawl for me and it's not here. I don't care long as it get's here today.

I REALLY need to go to the fabric store and get a couple things and perhaps to Ace to look at plants. But there are two university graduations this week in my small town and I may decide to avoid the main drag until I head out to my afternooon of irish music at three and maybe pick up a small Target order. I need paper towels and a small dishdrainer that fits in my kitchen so that I can get rid of the huge ever loving thing that sits on y counter now.

Gonna try and earn some money for half an hour or forty mintues then walk the house andhead to the craft room .