One Week, $25

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: One Week, $25

Post by LogicsHere »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:04 am I would first try a Church-based food pantry. As I said, I see it being an emergency-type situation. I have a large extended, supportive family that would help too.
You still have to prove low income, I believe only 130% of poverty level with a W-2 or 1099 here. Not sure whether it's a county regulation or a State. Otherwise you have to show you EBT card. There are no exceptions.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:54 am You still have to prove low income, I believe only 130% of poverty level with a W-2 or 1099 here. Not sure whether it's a county regulation or a State. Otherwise you have to show you EBT card. There are no exceptions.
Pretty much the same here in my province. The food banks are either run by the city they are in, the Salvation Army or in the case of our capital city there is a little fridge outside the Catholic Cathedral. All except the little fridge one must show a needs based assessment, and they can only be accessed two or three times a month.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

We also have many little food pantires that operate like little libraries and our church has one.

I fall on the side of "I'm okay if there is a tiny bit of fraud as long as every one who needs it gets real food" theory of assistance , as well as the "we're all taxpayers already" theory.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:20 am Pretty much the same here in my province. The food banks are either run by the city they are in, the Salvation Army or in the case of our capital city there is a little fridge outside the Catholic Cathedral. All except the little fridge one must show a needs based assessment, and they can only be accessed two or three times a month.
We have at least three soup kitchens where hot meals are provided, no questions asked. We also have a “pay if you can “ restaurant called Grace Place which does a wonderful outreach to our vulnerable populations.

Creative