Daily Check-in May 15, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in May 15, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

I had a quiet day. I finished my puzzle and most items on my list.

I tested the new headphone gadget I ordered from Amazon. It works great. The newer iPhones do not have headphone jacks. I don’t have the wireless earphones/buds and don’t want them. I prefer wired. My friend showed me her earphones that plug into the lightning charging area. From what I’ve seen they are about $20. But I found an adapter gadget made by Apple ($7) that I can use with my old wired headphones. From what I see, many attractions/tourist sites now want you to use an app on your phone instead of having a dedicated device for audio tours.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:02 am Good Morning everyone,

I have a bit of a sinus headache today. It rained last evening, but all that has moved on. I am waiting for DS1 &DDIL to respond to my text about a good time to visit. I need to deliver DDIL's birthday card and gift. I also did not get to see DGS5 yesterday.

I need to get an in-cabin air filter for my car. I had my oil changed a couple of weeks ago. I got the engine air filter. I'll get Dad to help me change them. Walmart did not have the cabin filter when I got the engine one. I may have to make a trip to the cable store. but remote/cable box is acting up this morning. I will call the help line first.

DS2 called. He was short $$ for his electric bill and he said he was stressed out worrying about $$ and a job. But he is searching. Applying for everything he can. I expect him to either start tending bar or go back to Banana Republic very soon for pocket $$ while he continues to look.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Hi, Maggie - Is there any market for DS2 to tutor percussion students as a side job?
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

looks I will be staying up to keep checking on the lunar eclipse.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:30 pm Franki's Mom contacted me this morning to see if I could babysit my favorite little guy. Aw! I'm already booked to look after little Charlee for the weekend. I am going to meet up with her Pawrents this week to learn more about her potty and sleep schedule and walks and such. I think we may do that on Wednesday as they are heading out sometime on Thursday. My friend, who is a Mom to Lily Gurl and the disaster of Christmas, has mentioned me babysitting while they do a visit to the hubby's Mom's in Nova Scotia. I reminded her of my 3 specific needs. 1. A BED 2. WiFi 3. Diet Pepsi! Oh, and $15/day. So, she now had new boundaries. No bed? I'm out. I'm getting better at dealing with her. This is the friend of over 30 years who upset me so much last year that I literally cried for 5 days straight and had to talk to my CPTSD shrink. I needed to get better dealing with her and boundaries.
MJ
I'm so proud of you for standing up to your thoughtless friend with some very healthy (and perfectly reasonable) requirements for any future petsitting jobs.
Patty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

chocolite wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:48 pm I'm so proud of you for standing up to your thoughtless friend with some very healthy (and perfectly reasonable) requirements for any future petsitting jobs.
Thank you Patty!

The gals on this page have really helped me get the courage and correct words to use when talking with her on this issue and others. WHEW!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.