Daily Check-in May 15, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in May 15, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining this morning, so I may actually get out for a bit of a walk and if the outside furniture is dry may even give them at least one coat of paint (can perhaps do the second tomorrow if the rain holds off).

One of the weather pundit sites is forecasting snow for the Victoria Day long weekend (next weekend). I hope that is not true as my tulips are coming, and the hydrangea is starting to come as well. I am tired of cold and really need some warmth.

Just a few things to do today like clear out the dishwasher, make the to do list for next week, perhaps do some extra cleaning (wipe/dust the pictures), and take out the recycling for pick up tomorrow. I also hope to finish both the pants and skirt today. Just about 30 mins of sewing should see them completed (well the pants about 5 mins).

Frugally no money will be spent, though for my walk I could walk the 15 blocks to the bank and back to get our allowances, we really didn't need them yesterday and I was too lazy to get in the car and get them.

Meals as is usual will be prepared here at home. I think that perhaps a date night should be arranged when youngest is home so I get a night off of cooking. Ordering in cause I feel safer doing that..... Right now Omicron variants seem to be taking over my city and the results are not nice. We have a vast amount of anti whatevers who live here and in the surrounding areas.

I might cut out some shorts and a couple of summer tops if the sewing and painting get done first.

Evenings are spent knitting the shoulder poncho which should be done in the next couple of days. I can then start on the next one, and I am thinking of using the rather large ball of sparkly pink I bought a couple of years ago.

Supper tonight is going to be ham steaks, peas, and rice (no potatoes until I go shopping later in the week). I may pull the blueberries out of the fridge and make the blueberry pie we both love (provided I get other things completed first).

Today I am grateful that I get to go for a nicer walk.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Don't think I read all the responses. I do have informed mail and have had it for years. It lets me know to keep my eye out for something and if I have not received something.

I wimped out on facting the two college graduation increase in traffic yesterday. Even for irish music.

Instead I knitted and played on the computer and did project planning and budgeting all while watching every episode of season one of the Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix which was very good. I laso ordered dominoes for a late lunch after my eggs and sausage and then for dinner had strawberries and a cutie and spinach, to get that produce in, lol.

In a bit here I will sower and head to late church and afterward go to a meeting about iproving happy hour and supporting other social events. It may be time for me to do some baking and or shopping for the cause. Then I will make a couple errands I gues (maybe a quick run to Joanne's) and head home and keeo the rest of today and all of tomorrow free for crafting projects unless we decide to craft at church tomorrow.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good late morning/afternoon beautiful people,

Today is a much cooler day but sunny. The temperature is at a normal spring level - not like yesterday when it felt like summer.

This morning I put away all the laundry that was drying on racks, scrubbed up the remaining winter footwear and stored it away, cut up some fresh fruit (strawberries and mini watermelon especially sweet!),cleaned the under kitchen sink cupboard, stored away my hubby’s winter mitts, gloves, hats, etc and wrote a get well card.

This afternoon will be fun as Dd2 and I are going to run a few errands and then go to the Waterfront and check out the progress of the docking site for the Viking ocean cruise ship which is offering Great Lakes tours. It’s very exciting that they have selected our city as a starting and ending port for nine voyages. The first departure is towards the end of this month and will give a much needed boost to our tourism industry, restaurants and hotels. Our airport will be humming with activity around these dates as well. Out of curiosity I checked out the itinerary and my goodness it’s a very expensive cruise! Viking includes the cost of excursions and some alcoholic beverages. The capacity of the ship is around 400 passengers.

Dinner will be chicken thighs grilled on the BBQ, baby red potatoes with rosemary, steamed green beans and baked yellow beets. I will finish the last of my lentil tacos.

Patty and MJ I am glad you are happy with your new haircuts. I certainly don’t regret going at all and can’t believe the little boost it gave to my appearance and morale.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

Looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day! Just looked out the window, not a cloud in the sky so no rain today! YAY!! My goofy caretaker, &#@!, had turned off the heat in our apartment block about 3 weeks ago. It was cool and I have been using my electric throw in the living room, again!! Today? With the sunshine coming into my two big windows? I'm good!

Just having a sandwich for lunch and then deciding it I put my Chicken Marrakesh on for today or tomorrow. I'm kinda leaning towards tomorrow as I have 2 hot dogs that should be eaten and I could have those for supper tonight.

I can't think of anything to do today except pick-up my prescription at Shoppers Drug Mart. I will check out the frozen Delissio Pizzas to see if they are on sale. I will get some if they are.

Franki's Mom contacted me this morning to see if I could babysit my favorite little guy. Aw! I'm already booked to look after little Charlee for the weekend. I am going to meet up with her Pawrents this week to learn more about her potty and sleep schedule and walks and such. I think we may do that on Wednesday as they are heading out sometime on Thursday. My friend, who is a Mom to Lily Gurl and the disaster of Christmas, has mentioned me babysitting while they do a visit to the hubby's Mom's in Nova Scotia. I reminded her of my 3 specific needs. 1. A BED 2. WiFi 3. Diet Pepsi! Oh, and $15/day. So, she now had new boundaries. No bed? I'm out. I'm getting better at dealing with her. This is the friend of over 30 years who upset me so much last year that I literally cried for 5 days straight and had to talk to my CPTSD shrink. I needed to get better dealing with her and boundaries.

Well, I've finished my coffees (2 a morning) and now my lunch sandwich. Time to get my MoJo together and hop in the shower so I can head out to Shoppers.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I have cinnamon roll do rising, homemade from scratch pasta sauce going on the stove and the ranch chicken going in the slow cooker. It will be done about 5 and I will take it to my friend's house to be transported to her friend's house.

I had a lie down for about 30 minutes and dozed. Not sure what I'll do with myself for the next while but I'll find something to get into.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, everyone. I have been puttering today. I packaged up the salad from yesterday for my lunches for the next few days. It's good but next time I will cut back a little on the olive oil.

DH declared that we had to buy more dish towels, as we are down to two after ten years here. We had a coupon for 15% off at Ollie's Outlet and bought eight, plus four dish cloths and two memory foam chair cushions. One cushion went in the driver's seat of my car and the other in the dip in the end of the sofa.

DH has been trying to find an upholsterer to replace the cushioning in the sofa and his recliner, but none want to do such a small job. We tried ourselves on the recliner and did a poor job of it. So filing in the dip in the sofa wil have to do.
Mackie