Daily Check-in May 15, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Daily Check-in May 15, 2022

Post by chocolite »

Good morning all. Well, my wonderful night of sleep Friday night didn't translate to Saturday night. I've been up for hours. It's okay, at least I don't have to do anything important today.

It's 68° out there right now. Headed for a high of 88° and rain. Ugh, I had hoped spring would hang around at least a little while before the muggy days set in. There's a park I want to visit, and I won't do it on a day like today, that's for sure. I have trouble breathing in high humidity.

Well, I did not get my chicken cooked yesterday (it was still too frozen), so tonight we'll have barbecue chicken thighs. I'm going to try roasting some radishes to go with them. I'll make another veggie, maybe green beans. And there's still salad if we want it.

I'm getting used to my haircut. Last night I used way too much shampoo, lol. It dried a lot faster too, which was nice.

I'm hoping DH will go to church this morning so I can wrap his birthday presents in peace. I sort of doubt it because it's so overcast. We'll see...

Hope everyone has a good day.
Patty
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in May 15, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning Patty and all.

I slept well and feel SO much better today. Yesterday I was achy and headachy all day and couldn’t concentrate on anything. This second booster hit me harder than the first booster.

I’m still planning a quiet day but will do more of the items on my list. I’ve been procrastinating hemming a black top that belonged to mom (that I almost donated) but it fits me well and has cute silver buttons and I’m glad I kept it.

Does anyone collect coins? I’ve collected pennies for years but also bought coin books a few years ago for nickels, dimes and quarters. Recently I bought the coin books for the national parks quarters and I’ve saved a bunch of them in a ziplock bag and will put them in today. I was missing the second coin book for the state quarters and it was out of stock on Amazon for a long time but it was in stock when I ordered the crossbody bag but I haven’t yet received it - and kind of wonder if I’ll get it.

I recently signed up for informed mail, thinking that I’ll use it on my trip. It’s pretty good. I’ll walk up to get my mail from yesterday because I see that my electric bill is there.

Have a good day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Patty and Florida and everyone. I was up in the 5 o'clock hour and took the dogs out and started the coffee. We went back to sleep until 8 - truly wonderful and truly needed. It was raining when we went back to sleep - sunny and dry when we woke again.

Today I will wash my work clothes and hang them in the bathroom to dry with the window open - I usually do that on Friday nights - OOPS!! I also want to re-pot some house plants.

Later I will make slow cooker ranch chicken, salad and cinnamon rolls and take to my friend's house so she can take it with what she made to another friend of her's who has had a death in their family. I got disposable pans so the family doesn't have to worry about returning anything. Making extra for DD and her S.O. - he is arriving back today and the chicken dish is a favorite of theirs.

Off to get a second cup of slightly burnt coffee - will add some of the Bailey's I got for Christmas to make it taste not so bad. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's supposed to reach the low 80s today by late afternoon with scattered thunderstorms later this evening.

Got up around 4:15 this morning; slept fairly well but it did not go unbroken. Can't believe that 5 hours have gone by already and I feel like I've accomplished nothing except stream mass.

I feel lazy today and have only done about 1/2 hour of exercising, better than nothing I suppose. Will try to get some more in later. My Saturday chat with my friend was cancelled and rescheduled for today same time.

Did some bill paying yesterday and updating of my financial records. Today I'll probably spend some time watching You Tube videos, playing computer games and reading.

Dinner tonight will be a burger, with veggies. I bought a fresh zucchini the other day so I will probably "fry" some with onions.

Well that's all for now. Have a wonderful day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am waiting on my H-E-B order it is scheduled to be delivered in about an hour between 9:30 and 10:30. I just got the notice that they had my entire order in-stock. I put the order in for today as they had my Mootopia 2% vanilla milk. They have been out for over a week. I am almost out I use this instead of creamer in my coffee.

Today I made hot coffee, since I had my tooth pulled I have made ice coffee.

I want to cut out the pattern for my new phone bag. I made a paper pattern, as yesterday I was too edgy to even consider using my rolling blade with a ruler even with safety gloves. Plus cutting the curve is easier with a paper pattern.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning everyone,

I have a bit of a sinus headache today. It rained last evening, but all that has moved on. I am waiting for DS1 &DDIL to respond to my text about a good time to visit. I need to deliver DDIL's birthday card and gift. I also did not get to see DGS5 yesterday.

I need to get an in-cabin air filter for my car. I had my oil changed a couple of weeks ago. I got the engine air filter. I'll get Dad to help me change them. Walmart did not have the cabin filter when I got the engine one. I may have to make a trip to the cable store. but remote/cable box is acting up this morning. I will call the help line first.

DS2 called. He was short $$ for his electric bill and he said he was stressed out worrying about $$ and a job. But he is searching. Applying for everything he can. I expect him to either start tending bar or go back to Banana Republic very soon for pocket $$ while he continues to look.

Have a great day,
Maggie