Daily Check-in May 15, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in May 15, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon all

I am home from a fun filled family weekend!

Didn't start out great. For some reason all cell phone and internet service for ATT went down at noon on Saturday. People go crazy without it. And so did I. A sibling was driving up to pick us up. We had no way of knowing the exact time of arrival. We did have a general idea. And my other sibling did pick me up and we met up with her. That worked out well. thank goodness we already had some sort of timeline established.

The bad thing is that ill sibling again had to be taken to the hospital. We did not know where she was since could not communicate. We went to the local county hospital and she was there. She was admitted and stabilized and her kids were there - so we took off to our destination - the city.

My cousin that is a priest was having his "final" retirement mass ceremonies. We were going to attend at 8am on Sunday. So we get to the city and tried to get a hotel room. Wow - for some reason the first two we went to were booked! Third time was good. We checked in and took off to eat. Then went to visit our brother. Spent a few hours with him just yakking and laughing.

Went to hotel - slept and got up at 5am to get ready - showers, makeup, get dressed -

Made our destination by 7:45. It was a great service. He recognized us right away. He even let the congregation know that we were there - his "primos hermanos" - it was a Spanish mass. There were four of us there at that mass. Others went to the other ones. It was so good to see him. His congregation said so many good things about him.

Then we were off to another family function - other siblings great grandson's first birthday. We just feel we should represent the familia. It was great to see nieces and nephews we had not seen in a couple of years and meet their new family members. Kids I used to babysit, now have kids!!!!

We also went to see sibling in the hospital. She is doing better but hopefully her kids come up with a plan to get her constant care.

I'm home just relaxing. The COD took good care of the pups

Have a great evening.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I managed the first coat of paint on the chairs and the bench, I will do the second one tomorrow. I am a very sloppy painter and there are drips all over the cement patio. Oh well they will match other splatter from other paint jobs.

I also finished off the skirt and pants I was making. So another project (or two) done from this month. I should finish off the small poncho pieces by tomorrow and start on the second one.

Setting the table for supper very soon and then I will start the rice and peas. It does not take long for a ham steak to cook on the BBQ.

Next week I may start shopping for my bedding plants and plant the glad bulbs we dug up in the fall. Weeding needs to start as well after all the rain we got the past week or so. Weeds are popping up all over the perennial bed and the side garden as well.

Hmmm, I might just check and see if the paint is dry on the bench and chairs and complete that as well.

Off to set the table. Talk to you all later or perhaps tomorrow, it all depends on what I decide to accomplish.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good afternoon,

I am beat. I spentt the day getting caught up on everything due to having the crud all wee and getting lots of bedrest. I ran and cleaned all the robo-vacs, sorted, folded and put away two weeks of laundry. The only thing left tto do is finish taking care of the pets and doing the dishes. I may wait and do dishes ttomorrow.

Only a week and a half of work and that is for every otther day. So acttually five days ttotal. Hooray! TThen summer break unttil ???? It depends on quickly I can get the HVAC paid off. I am on track so far.

It's been hot here the past couple of days...low 90's. I have the thermostat set at 78 and it has been coming on. It seems to be working great!

Bev
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, you had an action-packed weekend. I hope your sister's children can get her care under control.

I felt bad about not cooking for DH: he won't eat the healthy stuff I cook for myself and he spent the entire day eating cereal, chips, crackers, beer and soda. So I fixed a crockpot full of cubed beef, carrots, sliced red onions, some tiny white potatoes and seasoned it well. Added a little broth to the bottom of the pot with a splash of Worchestershire sauce. It smells really good. That should hold him for about three meals.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:24 pm Good afternoon all

I am home from a fun filled family weekend!

Didn't start out great. For some reason all cell phone and internet service for ATT went down at noon on Saturday. People go crazy without it. And so did I. A sibling was driving up to pick us up. We had no way of knowing the exact time of arrival. We did have a general idea. And my other sibling did pick me up and we met up with her. That worked out well. thank goodness we already had some sort of timeline established.

The bad thing is that ill sibling again had to be taken to the hospital. We did not know where she was since could not communicate. We went to the local county hospital and she was there. She was admitted and stabilized and her kids were there - so we took off to our destination - the city.

My cousin that is a priest was having his "final" retirement mass ceremonies. We were going to attend at 8am on Sunday. So we get to the city and tried to get a hotel room. Wow - for some reason the first two we went to were booked! Third time was good. We checked in and took off to eat. Then went to visit our brother. Spent a few hours with him just yakking and laughing.

Went to hotel - slept and got up at 5am to get ready - showers, makeup, get dressed -

Made our destination by 7:45. It was a great service. He recognized us right away. He even let the congregation know that we were there - his "primos hermanos" - it was a Spanish mass. There were four of us there at that mass. Others went to the other ones. It was so good to see him. His congregation said so many good things about him.

Then we were off to another family function - other siblings great grandson's first birthday. We just feel we should represent the familia. It was great to see nieces and nephews we had not seen in a couple of years and meet their new family members. Kids I used to babysit, now have kids!!!!

We also went to see sibling in the hospital. She is doing better but hopefully her kids come up with a plan to get her constant care.

I'm home just relaxing. The COD took good care of the pups

Have a great evening.
I’m glad that you had such a fun family trip. I hope that your sister stabilizes and gets her care organized.

The other day you said you were anxious ahead of the trip and I totally relate. I’m always nervous before I leave but once I’m on my way I feel good. And it is harder with pets.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Beverley wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:43 pm Good afternoon,

I am beat. I spentt the day getting caught up on everything due to having the crud all wee and getting lots of bedrest. I ran and cleaned all the robo-vacs, sorted, folded and put away two weeks of laundry. The only thing left tto do is finish taking care of the pets and doing the dishes. I may wait and do dishes ttomorrow.

Only a week and a half of work and that is for every otther day. So acttually five days ttotal. Hooray! TThen summer break unttil ???? It depends on quickly I can get the HVAC paid off. I am on track so far.

It's been hot here the past couple of days...low 90's. I have the thermostat set at 78 and it has been coming on. It seems to be working great!

Bev
You are doing great, Bev. Glad you will have a work break during summer.