Under The Median

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Beverley

Under The Median

Post by Beverley »

Hiya Frugals,
I just came across some You Tube videos to really sink your teeth into regarding frugality. It's a series called Under The Median and the couple presenting it did a great job! While there are not a ton of things we don't already know they put a lot of what we already know in perspective, that is new ways to look at things.

I have been watching some videos today on ways to deal with inflation. (sorry about the double T's....my keyboard is wonky) They present everything straight up without the interuptions and silliness seen on some You Tube videos.

Give it a listen and let me know what you think. This may be something we all need instead of dragging out and re-reading the Tightwad Gazette books for the umpteenth time hoping to scrounge up a new frugal tip.

Bev

Edited to gt rid of the duplicate T's.
HappyDaze

Re: Under The Median

Post by HappyDaze »

Beverley wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:47 pm Hiya Frugals,
I just came across some You Tube videos to really sink your teeth into regarding frugality. It's a series called Under The Median and the couple presenting it did a great job! While there are not a ton of things we don't already know they put a lot of what we already know in perspective, that is new ways to look at things.

I have been watching some videos today on ways to deal with inflation. (sorry about the double T's....my keyboard is wonky) They present everything straight up without the interuptions and silliness seen on some You Tube videos.

Give it a listen and let me know what you think. This may be something we all need instead of dragging out and re-reading the Tightwad Gazette books for the umpteenth time hoping to scrounge up a new frugal tip.

Bev

Edited to gt rid of the duplicate T's.
I've been watching Hope and Larry for about a year and I LOVE them. They are so relatable and, like you, I appreciate that they don't have the silliness of some channels, although I think they both have a wonderful sense of humor.

Their video on how to buy a used car was very helpful to me, I've probably watched it a dozen times, although I admit, I did not follow all of their good advice.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I just watched their 50 Ways to Beat Inflation. Lots of good tips but I don’t follow at least half of them and somehow I’ve ended up in a good place. I’m never going to meal plan for myself or limit grocery shopping to once or twice a month unless I can’t drive. I used to be a big fan of Walgreens and CVS rebates/rewards but now I think they are mediocre at best. But I’ll check out more of their videos.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I watch them. I agree that about half of them are for me but they are interesting.

I also watch Moneymom, frugal fit mom, frugal over fifty and the Ling Run with Joel and Christy. I subscribe to a fair amount of yourube stuff and I take what I want and leave.

Also they are big in Aldo but large parts of the country still don't have them.

I no longer play the grcery store game or drug store gameand rarely use coupons. I shop at Walmart and Aldi only. I do follow websites like the Krazy Coupon Lady for deals.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:23 am I just watched their 50 Ways to Beat Inflation. Lots of good tips but I don’t follow at least half of them and somehow I’ve ended up in a good place. I’m never going to meal plan for myself or limit grocery shopping to once or twice a month unless I can’t drive. I used to be a big fan of Walgreens and CVS rebates/rewards but now I think they are mediocre at best. But I’ll check out more of their videos.
I wonder where they live that they can get a pineapple cored at their store. I've never seen that offered stateside.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

SandiSAHM wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:19 pm I wonder where they live that they can get a pineapple cored at their store. I've never seen that offered stateside.
I wonder if it is something that stores would do if asked, just not a service they promote.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz