Daily Check In May 16, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Beverley

Re: Daily Check In May 16, 2022

Post by Beverley »

Mackie,

The food I rescue is cooked and perishable so cannot be taken to a food bank. I would take it there if I could. However it all freezes well so I can take out what I need. The unopened serving size of cereal is saved for later use. Same with the unopened cartons of milk. If there is enough milk and dry cereal in the classroom fridge the teacher simply cancels the milk and/or cereal order for the day. The main thing is you and I are not letting food go to waste.

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

cannot believe I am going to bed before 10

It was just a long day. Ill sibling was released from the hospital

And then the weekend was full with family events. Need to sleep.....
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Beverley wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:09 pm Trees, glad your hubby's finger surgery was a success and I hope the storm coming yur way passe through quickly.

I am feeling a lot better today. When I first started work this morning I was slow and stiff but as the shift progressed I started to limber up. Since I have the day off tomorrow I will do a litte grocery shopping this afternoon and try to make a stab at some meal planning.

I brought home more scrambled eggs with sausage patties from work. DS and Buddy really like them. I will probably bring more scrambled eggs home on Wednesday. My freezer has become full of rescued foods from work but let me tell you I have noticed the difference in food expenditures the past several months. It beats tossing it in the trash bins at work. Such a waste! I will have enough rescued foods and freebies to help tide us over the summer and get the new A/C paid off.

Bev
Thanks Bev.