Daily Check In May 16, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 16, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 16, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I got waylaid by a bush bunny eating breakfast in our front yard. Between rabbits, birds, and ants/grubs we may not have grass again this year. Sighs.

Lots to do today and I am hoping the day stays nice so I can hang some of the laundry out on the lines and get the furniture painted a second coat.

Starting about yesterday people were saying that we were going to get snow this coming long weekend... now the weather forecasts say further north and into Ontario is where the snow will fall if we get any at all. Hoping that is the truth and the snow stays away. We really have had enough of winter for awhile.

I think I will take my walk towards the bank this morning and get our allowances out. A day late, but as we are seemingly not spending as often our allowances last a bit longer and even have quite a bit in my case to put in my savings envelope (need to replace the fifty one dollars I spent at the fabric sale.

So what frugal things will be happening here on the old homestead.... Laundry done in the most frugal manner possible, meals made with ingredients from here at home (if there is extra it will be packaged up and used for another meal), walking for my daily dose of exercise, and DIYing what we can.

In other words the same old thing that is always happening here. Might add one thing to Hubby's to do list and that is to go and get me more potting soil so I am ready for the big planting in a bit.

Supper tonight will be chili and toast so I need to bake a loaf of bread today (all out).

Off to start the laundry, bring up the weeks main courses, and get some of the household tasks done before heading out to walk.

Today I am grateful for sunny skies once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I got up and my AC was running despite a temp of upper 50's. So I turned it off and opened the door to my balcony. I wish I could sleep with the windows open, but after having a sinus headache yesterday and the fact that there is a lot of traffic noise form the parking lot and the nearby expressway, I kept them closed.

Tonight I will drive down for DGS5's preschool graduation. He starts in a new daycare situation today, at the Y. Hopefully he will get lot of physical activity. DGS8 is in his last week of school already. Next week he, too, will be at the Y.

Not much else. It was an expensive weekend. I bought a new set of sheets for $85 at Target and bought 2 gift cards, one for DDIL for her birthday and a Kroger card for DS2 so he can buy gas or groceries. I need to get that in the mail to him.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good Monday morning!

Slept well last night and got up before 9am - feeling pretty good.

Maybe the little family outing helped relax me.

Nice sunny day, but yes going to be warm. The pets are doing good. Today is Frontline day. How do they know?

Not sure what I will get accomplished today. Should do something. Water my tomatoes for sure.

Hope all have a great day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, all. The morning is almost gone. I've been at my new office for the summer, doing that thing I do best: organizing and cleaning. The outer office had stuff strewn all over, but that's now under control. I cleaned out the front office desk and organized it, and did the same for the mail cubbies, which also needed to be labeled.

My new Lovely Boss and I cleaned out the office fridge and kitchen and threw away about a dozen bags of expired and opened food. I have two big bags of unopened, in-date food to take to the food bank, a box of things to take to Goodwill, and box of packs of hot chocolate and individual bowls of applesauce and peaches to take home to my son. The latter items were in opened boxes (still in date) but the food bank will not take them because the boxes were opened.

This is once again an office that has a strange lack of office supplies. Plenty of pens and markers, but staples, tape and paperclips are in very short supply. There's one pack of Post-it notes and no writing paper. Very weird.

Hope you all have a lovely day. It's going to be very hot here, but the AC seems to work well in this building, thank goodness.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I sewed a couple of dolls, the sewing machine jammed so I cleaned and oiled it. I am not sure of the cause of the jam, but it was easy to clear. I did some searching and will change the needle shortly.

After much research I have decided on a laundry service to use while my washer is broken. Right now I have a load of towels and and my sheets. No pillowcase as I used a cranberry one just in case because of the tooth extraction. Elizabeth will set it up tonight. The minimum charge is $25.

I don’t have a problem with dresses right now as I really have too many. When they wear out I pitch. Some are near that now.

Breakfast was oatmeal with blueberries, and ice coffee. I discovered that I really at least now prefer the ice coffee. It is easy
to make.

Penny