Daily Check In May 16, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In May 16, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

What a day!! Much of it fall under the category of "you can't make this stuff up" - wow!

We had thunder storms today, which I love, and it is cool, windy and overcast - good dog walking weather.

My boss saw me leaving work on time and gave me a big smile and thumbs up...I'm trying to work smarter, not harder.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Bev, the back of my little car was half full of rescued food today: canned goods, canned chicken, unopened boxes of cereal, boxes of tea and lots of other goodies. The food bank is going to be very happy on Saturday.

You can chop those sausage patties up and make a good chili with them. Or a sausage lentil soup.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I don't actually have a paraffin system, although Penny may. I just get the hot parrafin with my monthly pedicure,

I have thought about getting a foot warmer than they show on the Bob And Brad show on youtube which is in the 165 range but it's for heat and pain, not for moisture. I also need to order a couple more microwave heating pads for my knees (I prefer heat to cold for pain remedy even though it enlarges the tissue and makes my knee look even bigger)

Believe it or not for my ever so dry hands I use a and d ointment with aquaphor as a backup.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:05 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

This morning was walking club at our waterfront area. More participants are coming which is wonderful! I managed to convince an old teaching colleague to come. She was a bit sceptical as her mobility is slightly limited and she was afraid she wouldn’t be able to keep up. I promised to walk with her. It’s true that she’s one of the slower walkers but I go mainly for the socialization anyway. She’s a single person and found this past winter very difficult. She’s hesitant to walk on her own due to security concerns so group walking was perfect! She’s now enthusiastic and plans to come on Wednesday as she said it was a very supportive and non judgmental group. I introduced her to some people and I hope she’ll go even if I am unable. She insisted on treating me to a coffee.

By the time I returned, it was almost time to get ready for lunch. Dh was working in the garage and I assisted him in hauling down all the patio furniture and summer items from the loft. He really is getting a little too old for crawling around up there, but he hates clutter in the garage. It does get stuff out of the way so we have a lot more clearance in driving the car inside.

After lunch we received our second booster ( 4th shot) of our respective Covid vaccines, printed out the necessary documents and will get it laminated for travel purposes. I made photocopies of the papers from our printer and I did some other “office” work at the same time.

A bit more yard work and garden preparation was done. Environmental waste collection is next week so want to be able to put out as much of the garden debris as possible.

Felt a bit tired so I rested and read my book and finished watching the Prime movie “ The Vow”. I love sentimental movies so I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Still no ill effects from the booster - not even a stiff arm!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

Creative
So lucky that you had no ill effects. Mine set me back for about a week.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Finished both pieces of the first poncho and have started the second one. I like to have a decent pile of knitting to sew together or put the ends through. I will probably do both once this poncho is finished. Or if I have time I may make a third to use up two skeins of purple yarn. The more bits I have for the silent auction the better. This time however unless something strikes me for the garden I will not be spending the amount I usually do.

I put $110.00 in my savings envelope and still need to do the change (it is the change I use to buy things at the silent auction). Will do that later.

I did the second coat on the outdoor wooden furniture, but I think they may need a third coat. Perhaps tomorrow.

Almost up to 16K steps today. Most from going up and down the stairs to do the laundry. Amazing how those steps add up.

Off to make the toast to go with the chili.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Yes, I do have a hot wax spa. I use it when my arthritis in my hands bother me. Yes, it does help moisten my very dry skin.

Penny