Daily Check-in May 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in May 17, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept almost through the night. But I woke up in a lot of pain in my back it is muscle as it only hurts if I move. But because of the pain I am tired.

My garbage and trash is out. I have to gather and bag my laundry for tomorrow morning.

I mailed my ballot. Now I need to re-register to vote using the name I prefer not the one the state of Texas prefers. I have requested the information to correct my voter registration.

I requested the card to change my name on my voter registration.

My pain is slightly less now that I have been moving around.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I had a bit of trouble sleeping last night: my knees really hurt after all of yesterday's furniture moving and trash hauling. Today should just be regular office work.

I did remember to bring a water jug filled with ice today to put in the fridge so I could have cold water all day. Been cutting back on caffeine drinks since the weekend.

The quinoa-almond-feta salad I made Saturday turned out to be huge and I'm still eating it for lunch. It should get me through tomorrow, and then I have a homemade freezer meal to eat for lunch. For Friday I have to dream up something.

My ice water break is over. Hope you all have a very pleasant day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

itspennyc wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:35 am I slept almost through the night. But I woke up in a lot of pain in my back it is muscle as it only hurts if I move. But because of the pain I am tired.

My garbage and trash is out. I have to gather and bag my laundry for tomorrow morning.

I mailed my ballot. Now I need to re-register to vote using the name I prefer not the one the state of Texas prefers. I have requested the information to correct my voter registration.

I requested the card to change my name on my voter registration.

My pain is slightly less now that I have been moving around.

Penny
We early voted yesterday.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning Mackie and all,

I slept reasonably well last night. I was awake a lot, but I did spend the whole night in bed, which I count as a victory. I need to run a couple errands, but I'm not sure if I'll do them today or tomorrow.

It's a nice day here. The sun was shining brightly but it looks like it's gone behind a cloud. It's 78° right now, heading for a high of 85. I can live with that.

Have a good Tuesday.
Patty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, I am glad you were at least able to be comfortable in bed and get some sleep.

I think we've hit a new high on "stuff students abandon in their rooms." Someone left behind a brand new $245 Brahmin Shea Agave Melbourne crossbody bag with the tags still on. It's never been used and is still in the protective cloth bag. In my opinion, this bag is hideously ugly, but fashion has never been my thing. Could be the owner decided it wasn't hers after receiving it: it's made of iridescent green faux crocodile leather that is just eye-smackingly awful to look at. It is going to Goodwill this afternoon.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:33 pm Patty, I am glad you were at least able to be comfortable in bed and get some sleep.

I think we've hit a new high on "stuff students abandon in their rooms." Someone left behind a brand new $245 Brahmin Shea Agave Melbourne crossbody bag with the tags still on. It's never been used and is still in the protective cloth bag. In my opinion, this bag is hideously ugly, but fashion has never been my thing. Could be the owner decided it wasn't hers after receiving it: it's made of iridescent green faux crocodile leather that is just eye-smackingly awful to look at. It is going to Goodwill this afternoon.
yea - probably a graduation gift. But I like it! lol :mrgreen: