Daily Check-in May 17, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in May 17, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:33 pm Patty, I am glad you were at least able to be comfortable in bed and get some sleep.

I think we've hit a new high on "stuff students abandon in their rooms." Someone left behind a brand new $245 Brahmin Shea Agave Melbourne crossbody bag with the tags still on. It's never been used and is still in the protective cloth bag. In my opinion, this bag is hideously ugly, but fashion has never been my thing. Could be the owner decided it wasn't hers after receiving it: it's made of iridescent green faux crocodile leather that is just eye-smackingly awful to look at. It is going to Goodwill this afternoon.
Mackie,

I just posted a note below about buying the bag from you if you are willing. I have a sister I'd love to gift it too. See note below! I wrote this before looking up the bag. Amy would love it!!

Could you put that bag on POSH or one of the clothing online resell sites? You could maybe get credits for it or get money for next year's feeding of the student helper hoarde!!

Just a thought!!

MJ
Last edited by Prairie Waif2 on Tue May 17, 2022 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:39 pm yea - probably a graduation gift. But I like it! lol :mrgreen:
Clem,

I'm with you!! I like it!!

Mackie,

If you hold on to that bag, I would pay you a reasonable price for it and my sister, born on St. Patrick's Day, loves green items. I would love to send that to her as a gift. I would pay for postage too! Would you consider that? She'd love it!! And she's had such a rough year with teaching at two different COVID-19 schools. Last week, she got caught in that huge wind storm that killed two people in SD. She had to spend 40 minutes in an interstate rest stop with a group of other terrified people and then drive through the ditch past semis that had blown over. She was absolutely terrified. She had her hubby on the car phone the whole time so that made me feel better. I'd love to treat her to something like this!! Please let me know!!

MJ
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:53 pm Clem,

I'm with you!! I like it!!

Mackie,

If you hold on to that bag, I would pay you a reasonable price for it and my sister, born on St. Patrick's Day, loves green items. I would love to send that to her as a gift. I would pay for postage too! Would you consider that? She'd love it!! And she's had such a rough year with teaching at two different COVID-19 schools. Last week, she got caught in that huge wind storm that killed two people in SD. She had to spend 40 minutes in an interstate rest stop with a group of other terrified people and then drive through the ditch past semis that had blown over. She was absolutely terrified. She had her hubby on the car phone the whole time so that made me feel better. I'd love to treat her to something like this!! Please let me know!!

MJ
MJ, I just sent you a private message so you can respond with an address.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I've been up had breakfast, watched the news and then goofed around for a while. I then started getting things together.

I had put the laundry off so that I could do it today. I wanted all things clean and ready for packing to go babysit Charlee this weekend. I also have to read up on anxious doggos to see if I can help her out or behave in anyway that won't stress her out. She's such a cute little Yorkie!! I'll be meeting up with her pawrents tomorrow to get a house key and sleeping info for Charlee and me.

The laundry is now in the dryer and I just got the dishwasher all set-up and running. I ran out of detergent so I guess that better be on the small grocery list I am making today.

I have to make a small grocery list. I want just the few things I'll need for Charlee's to eat while I am there. I got the bagels for breakfast and have some hot cross buns too for that. For lunch, I already have hot dogs and hot dog buns in the freezer. I got bread, like the bagels and hot cross buns, at the soup kitchen on Friday. I'll just need a $3.99 pack of cheese slices and some bologna. I know that Tannis and Gary want to leave me snacks and Diet Pepsi. AND this time they will have coffee at their house. Their house is quite a ways away from where I was getting my McDonald's coffee while babysitting Franki. McD's is only 4 very long blocks away from Franki's house. I drive it though so I don't leave Franki alone for too long. I know, I've been a slouch at exercise. I think I'm about to get a wake-up call on that though.

I got a call yesterday afternoon from a clinic in town. They asked if I would be able to come to '"my appointment." Me, "What appointment?" Seems I have an appointment at the clinic to answer a big questionnaire. I think the doc it is for is a cardiologist. UGH! I know i'm in trouble if they do a stress test on me. Holy Smoly. The appointment is for 3:15 pm and after that I will stop at Sobeys and get my few groceries.

Like Jackie, our weather forecast says, "potential for weekend flurries." It never fails to have yucky weather for the May Long Weekend. Zoe and John had hoped to get to the camper for the weekend but even if it doesn't snow, it's supposed to rain for the rest of the week and all weekend, starting tomorrow. That won't be fun for Charlee's pawrent's weekend away!

The flooding in the area is bad. Our river is high and overspilled its banks but has not endangered anyone's property. Half an hour north of here, they are begging for people from Brandon to come up and help them sandbag. They need people to fill, move and place sandbags plus help with food and beverages. It's in a little town that i used to spend quite a bit of time in for Geology coursework. The roads north of there are washing out. They are on a different river system that we are. Their schools are in danger of being flooded and if they can't get them sandbagged, 30 homes may need to be evacuated. My long weekend is going to be delightful compared to the mess those poor folks have to deal with. I hope they can get enough help. Our radio stations are putting out the calls to help them. Many people from that town work in Brandon and communte.

Well, looks like it's lunch time! I hope everyone has a lovely day.

That's the Skinny from around here!!

MJ
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Mackie unless there's some rule (and there may well be), I would be listing those found items on offer up or marketplace.

So my post bible study lunch lasted well over two hours(we always have stuff to talke about tand this places knows it) between that and having french toast with walnuts my day has been kinda not what I planned not that it bothered me a bit.

It's now a bit after four and i plan to throw my boneless chicken thighs in the oven and walk at least ten minutes while the oven heats and another ten later, and do a down and dirty quick pickup. Other than that still would like to at least draw out my next art quilt.

Dinner will be the chicke and salad and veg and a biscuit if I decide I need it and there will be no "counting" today.

I also fell off the working and earnings wagon today but I will make that up tomorrow, right now my only real commitment for the rest of the week is my quick grilled cheese lunch tomorrow and then I am free to do at home stuff until on Saturday.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Quilter, I am not allowed to sell anything. It's all supposed to go in the dumpster, but a lot of us find organizations or deserving persons to place stuff with, doing so on our own time.
Mackie