Daily Check-in May 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in May 18, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

It is one of those rainy and chilly days so will get to bed early with a good book. Will have to get up around 9 to take the dogs out - then sleep time.

This pandemic has done a number of people - my book club has officially disbanded due to lack of consistent participation. I will miss it.

I have next week off from work, so gearing up for that is keeping me busy. It will be good to have that time at home and feel like myself again. Then I have every Friday in June, July, August off and that is my favorite - having 3-day weekends all summer.

Got a lot done after work today - supper, dishes, sweeping, cleaned bathrooms. Dogs were taken on a long walk by DD and company so they are tired out. Off to search for a book. Take care, friends.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

chocolite wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:31 am Good morning, frugal friends. It’s a quiet, overcast day. It looks like rain. Neither of us will leave the house, though, so it’s fine. I slept okay last night but was wide awake at 5am, so I got up. I just don’t require the sleep that I used to.

Today is my DH’s birthday. I went for convenience this year – got a beautifully decorated chocolate cake from a bakery (we had it before at our neighbor’s and he loved it) and I will order in dinner tonight from wherever he wants. I miss doing all that myself, but if I’m just not able to.

I did get out and about yesterday. I went into the pharmacy and picked up our prescriptions. Then I went to the bakery to pick up the cake. Saturday we are doing DH’s birthday lunch with some of his family and our next-door neighbor.

I was so happy to see that Madison Cawthorn lost his North Carolina congressional seat. When you look up TRAINWRECK in the dictionary, his picture is there. :-D

I am continuing to sort and purge in my closet, while switching out summer/winter clothes. I do a little most days, but I am really slow…which is okay. I used to be so fast and efficient, lol.

Happy Birthday to your DH!!!
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good evening,

I worked this morning, came home, did the NYT crossword puzzle and prepped the second bathroom and big bedroom for DB and DSIL. They will be here until Monday morning which makes me very happy. The DS is remodeling their only bathroom so they decided to stay with me.

I did not sleep all that well last night so I woke up tired. In addition my nose has run like a faucett since I got up. I took a decongestant this morning but it didn't help. Now every orifice in my head is plugged so who knows how I will sleep tonight. I just get over a cold and went back to work on Monday. So two days back to work and I have another cold (even worse than the last one)????? This has not happened before.....what is going on?

Fortunately I am not due back to work until Friday....we will see what tomorrow brings. They won't be too happy I got sick again so soon but it seems to come with the territory. If things get worse I am just going to call it a year (only 3 workdays left for me) and let the PK supervisor know. Meanwhile since DB and DSIL go to bed early and early risers that means i can go to bed soon.

And that's it for preschool. They are going to implement changes next year by bringing special Education kids on board and that is something I am not able to handle. I am struggling with an ADHD kid right now. His parents do not believe in medicationg. So he is all over the place and I cannot keep up with him.

Well I am off to get ready for bed. OMG still a little daylight out and it's already 8:00! Goodnight friends!

Bev
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:21 pm It is one of those rainy and chilly days so will get to bed early with a good book. Will have to get up around 9 to take the dogs out - then sleep time.

This pandemic has done a number of people - my book club has officially disbanded due to lack of consistent participation. I will miss it.

I have next week off from work, so gearing up for that is keeping me busy. It will be good to have that time at home and feel like myself again. Then I have every Friday in June, July, August off and that is my favorite - having 3-day weekends all summer.

Got a lot done after work today - supper, dishes, sweeping, cleaned bathrooms. Dogs were taken on a long walk by DD and company so they are tired out. Off to search for a book. Take care, friends.
Sorry that your book club is no more. I do miss my book club as well and many times have considered trying to start a club of my own either on Zoom or another format (like just a few people meeting in a home every month).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Jackielou wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:43 am Sorry that your book club is no more. I do miss my book club as well and many times have considered trying to start a club of my own either on Zoom or another format (like just a few people meeting in a home every month).
I have longed to join a book club, but getting there is problematic. If you ever want to start one on Zoom, I would be an enthusiastic participant!
Patty