Daily Check-in May 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in May 18, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

another bright sunny day here. Got up before 8 and I am dressed and ready to go. I thought about going to breakfast but got lazy. Now if someone came and got me - I would be there. :mrgreen:

So think I will just make myself some bacon and eggs.

And continue with cleaning and purging. I cleared off my vanity table yesterday. Can't believe I was just letting mail pile up there. Opened of course, but not thrown out. Oh well.

Hope all have a great day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Think I slept decently last night, but I am sitting here yawning at nine forty five.

I think I will get up and walk for ten minutes around the house and do the plants and then decide if I will shower and dress or just get dressed and save my shower for after the heat of the day.

I don't think I will make it to grilled cheese this lunch although this week's option is made with dijonaise and potato chips (last week's was aged gouda with blueberry/tyme jam and literally to die for).

I feel like I need to stay home although I might go out to the fabric store at some point but I want to get some serious sewing nd caught up on my earnings.

I've been looking online for an outdoor director's chair for the voluptious woman, one that does not sage in the middle so I can take it to outdoor concerts and such. Not sure if Amazon or Academy sports will be a better fit.

Off to get dressed and put a coke in the freezer and give a second chance at waking up!
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:29 am DS2 has 3 more interviews lined up. I asked him if he was sending post-interview Thank Yous. He said he was thanking them in person. Ugh. So I gave a quick explanation that he needs to request business cards or email addresses and send something and use the opportunity to reiterate a connection of how he can really contribute to the job. As a business major, we had sessions on that sort of thing. But now he knows.
Yes! Years ago I got a job where the boss said it was between me and another person, but I sent a thank you note, which impressed him.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning, frugal friends. It’s a quiet, overcast day. It looks like rain. Neither of us will leave the house, though, so it’s fine. I slept okay last night but was wide awake at 5am, so I got up. I just don’t require the sleep that I used to.

Today is my DH’s birthday. I went for convenience this year – got a beautifully decorated chocolate cake from a bakery (we had it before at our neighbor’s and he loved it) and I will order in dinner tonight from wherever he wants. I miss doing all that myself, but if I’m just not able to.

I did get out and about yesterday. I went into the pharmacy and picked up our prescriptions. Then I went to the bakery to pick up the cake. Saturday we are doing DH’s birthday lunch with some of his family and our next-door neighbor.

I was so happy to see that Madison Cawthorn lost his North Carolina congressional seat. When you look up TRAINWRECK in the dictionary, his picture is there. :-D

I am continuing to sort and purge in my closet, while switching out summer/winter clothes. I do a little most days, but I am really slow…which is okay. I used to be so fast and efficient, lol.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:53 am Think I slept decently last night, but I am sitting here yawning at nine forty five.

I think I will get up and walk for ten minutes around the house and do the plants and then decide if I will shower and dress or just get dressed and save my shower for after the heat of the day.

I don't think I will make it to grilled cheese this lunch although this week's option is made with dijonaise and potato chips (last week's was aged gouda with blueberry/tyme jam and literally to die for).

I feel like I need to stay home although I might go out to the fabric store at some point but I want to get some serious sewing nd caught up on my earnings.

I've been looking online for an outdoor director's chair for the voluptious woman, one that does not sage in the middle so I can take it to outdoor concerts and such. Not sure if Amazon or Academy sports will be a better fit.

Off to get dressed and put a coke in the freezer and give a second chance at waking up!
I ordered a couple of these - Quik Chair. Supposed to hold up to 500 pounds.

I was tired of sitting and busting out of the chairs I would get at the General Dollar store!

https://www.amazon.com/Quik-Chair-Heavy-Folding-Extra/dp/B005GYUSHK
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Pretty cool out today and cloudy. We are expected to get rain in the afternoon. Dh and I still went to Walking Club, and we kept a very good pace. The cooler weather is a good incentive to walk faster.

This afternoon I am dropping off a couple of prom dresses at our daughters’ former high school. They are in desperate need of formal wear for some of the underprivileged students. The dresses have just been hanging in their closets, unlikely to be worn again. Best to bless someone else.

I also plan to go to our public library this afternoon. I have some books I would like to withdraw. The public library also hands out two provincial park passes for free and a coupon for $5.00 off admission. I will take advantage of this before they run out as there is a limited supply.

Aside from meal preparation and cleanup afterwards, it’s mostly play today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative