Daily Check-in May 18, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in May 18, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Another spring day reaching the low 70s with some sun, winds still higher than normal keeping the chill in the air unfortunately.

Have finished my morning activities, chores, making my salads, reading the newspaper, and exercise. Normally I would be going through the food ads but they're not here yet and I'm wondering if they are changing for Wednesday distribution to Thursday. I know one day isn't a big deal but when you get into a routine it does throw one off.

Today will be a typical day for me with the same basic activities. Nothing really special planned.

Dinner tonight is an omelet with turkey bacon.

Well, guess I'll go for now. Have a great day.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in May 18, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends.

I need to stop at the grocery store on the way home today. DS ate most of a quart of yogurt yesterday, and I was planning on having some for my supper tonight. We're also out of carrots, which everyone likes as a snack.

Today at work I really need to do a walk-through of one of the buildings to check the hallway lights and turn in work orders. It's quite a ways from where I am now, but one I will be responsible for in the fall, so I'll have to drive over there. Also need to go by my old office and check to see if it's still standing, and drop some student mail by the post office.

Best get at it: my tea cup is nearly empty. Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal Friends,

I am waiting to be contacted by someone form the old position. I seem to be the only one who remembers their credentials to a certain machine where they need to retrieve logs from. This highlights the issues I had when I was there. Why don't others have credentials? D. Should have had them. I documented the process and everyone was told they needed to request access. There was very little disciplinary action that could be taken due to the reporting structure. Although the biggest slackers were let go. I will try to help them out, but I will not hand over my credentials blindly. We can share a screen session and I can type in my password.

This morning I have the windows and door to the screened-in balcony open. I am a cross-street and 2 lots away form a small airport. There is a real-estate investment group headquartered there. The founder is the Billionaire who piloted the group of tourists tot he Space station last month. Anyways, they have a big hangar they are expanding, but the glass front shows three jets of different sizes in it. All three seemed to take off between 7:00 and 7:40 this morning. I can see part of the runway since they cleared the wooded lot between my and them. I still don't know what is happening to the lot. The complex manager says as soon as they know they will design landscape to try and block whatever it is. Ideally would be an expansion of the self-storage facility on the other side.

DS2 has 3 more interviews lined up. I asked him if he was sending post-interview Thank Yous. He said he was thanking them in person. Ugh. So I gave a quick explanation that he needs to request business cards or email addresses and send something and use the opportunity to reiterate a connection of how he can really contribute to the job. As a business major, we had sessions on that sort of thing. But now he knows.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Been up for a bit and checked the weather first thing hoping it was just my imagination that read snow arriving starting tomorrow night and into Saturday... Nope. It really is not going to be a nice weekend at all and I wonder if our youngest will be coming home at all. Perhaps we should go up and visit. I don't think that Hubby would go for that right now, then again who knows.

I am actually seriously considering going shopping today. I would miss the miserable weather mixture that is supposed to start tomorrow, and get some steps in without even trying. I will need to check the online fliers though to see which day (today or tomorrow) the sales are the best for what I would like to purchase.

I cleaned Hubby's corner of the dresser yesterday evening and added $4.35 to the change jars and $10.00 to the box that holds the one and two dollar coins. We use those to wash the vehicles or park in the city when we do a stock up shop.

Slowly but surely the sewing/craft room is taking shape. I hope to get a few more projects started and tidy it up a bit more over the coming weeks. It is just so cramped at times that I would rather work out in the dining room or kitchen.
I hope to get the stabilizer on the back of the tablecloth today and perhaps even get started on that. I think it just might be a bit longer to do than I had thought.

Frugal happenings here are the usual. If I go shopping cash will be spent, but that would be happening tomorrow at any rate. I will also be completing the usual Wednesday household tasks, and perhaps doing a bit of baking. Lots of things in the big chest freezer need using up and if I can get youngest to take a few treats home, all the better.

Supper tonight is going to be leftover chili served on pasta (my fav this time around).

Today I am grateful for the sun shining in the sewing/craft room window. Makes working in there so pleasant.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I did some research, on my washing machine part. Whirlpool doesn’t have the part. I don’t know what this means.

I don’t know about other parts suppliers. This is part of the big computer chip backlog.

My laundry has been picked up.

I have done some research it seems that if they can’t get the part in 30 days they will work something out. I suspect I will be getting money toward a new washer. But I don’t know anything official.

That is what is going on here.

I have a lot to do, my back is better but my knees still hurt. I think it is referred pain from my back.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning!
So..I did get my grocery shopping done yesterday....in both Aldi and Same..the prices have gone up again. There was a lot missing in Aldi.
I am also SO annoyed with myself. When I cleaned out the refrigerator yesterday I had to throw out some food that was in the back. I hate wasting food.
Today I have some painting to do. Trying to get it all done today..we will see.