Daily Check in May 19, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in May 19, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:30 pm While the fuel prices here are not as bad as what you're experiencing, it still shocks for me when I need to fill my car's tank. We are the most expensive in Utah, which irritates me as my area is the oil/gas fields too. I bought gasoline for my car last Friday at $4.79/gallon after my $0.30 fuel coupon (that is what 18 eggs cost at my favorite shop), and diesel fuel is $6.29/gallon. These are the highest prices that I've Ever Seen..
We also live in the oil and gas section of our province.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Rather boring day, the main excitement was seeing what it cost to fill the vehicle. Still had over 1/4 of a tank (close to 1/2) and it cost me almost $67.00. That would be a 6 lb roast...... Sighs, I guess I will just have to get used to that for the next little while.

No baking done, I decided to do that all tomorrow. I won't be leaving the house to go shopping so I can start early.

Really haven't felt like doing much of anything, though I did get some knitting done and all the groceries away. I plan on doing some more tidying and getting next months knitting projects ready. Going to use up the bulky yarn in a blanket now.

Pulled out the toaster oven to warm up the tetrazzini and I am going to make a salad. Since I have turned off all the lights it is pretty dismal in here. I have turned on the fake fireplace (no heat) and lit some candles. Should cheer things up a little bit.

Off to see what mischief I can manage to get into.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:52 pm MJ I posted a couple of quinoa recipes. The slow cooker one makes a huge amount even for our family so you could easily half it. I like to eat it hot or cold.

Creative
Creative,

Thanks! I'll take a look at those! I'm intrigued at trying quinao!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:26 pm Penny, changing phones on SafeLink is always a horrible chore. You have my sympathies. I think Homeless Buddy was on the phone about five hours total the last time he had to do it. That was really quick on your laundry.

Clem, those tacos sound amazing!

MJ, I posted the recipe in the recipes folder. The original recipe had rather expensive ingredients, but I changed it some because of what I couldn't find at our grocery store. If one likes quinoa, it is really good.

I'm quite sleepy right now, having taken an antihistamine tablet before lunch for my itchy hands. Starting to think my childhood eczema is back, as my hands are very dry and itch like crazy.
Mackie,

Thanks heaps. I'll be going through to see your recipe and the one's Creative has posted as well. I'm really interested in trying this out!!

MJ
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

I bought a cheap birthday present off of FB Marketplace for a dear friend of mine. I'd been looking for this specific present for him for years. I finally found them and CHEAP too! So, I put little Charlee in her crate at about 12:15 and headed out. It was POURING rain out there, just pouring. I had to have the windshield wipers on high and the low lying areas on the street were splashing water up over the van even though I was driving slower to prevent that! WOW!

I met up with this fellow from out of town at the Wal-mart parking lot. To get there I had to cross the river. ZOIKES!! IT IS VERY HIGH now. With all the rain we are to get this weekend in this area? I'm thinking that the crew the city has on contract to close the ring dike is going to be called into service as this water makes it way down to Brandon. Our local pet spa on the other side of the ring dike also posted "how to get to us" if the dike is closed.

After picking up the item, I stopped by my place to get my computer mouse. At the bottom of our big hill is a riverside park. They have closed the street going into it and it is fully flooded out. We are safe on our side of the railway tracks but the hill drops off into the flood plain and I am sure the houses at the bottom of my street have sump pumps going like CRAZY! I had a senior friend that lived in a lovely house there and his pump ran constantly in weather and flooding conditions like this terrible mess we are having. YUCK!

I made some coffee here at Charlee's house but couldn't find the sugar. I had to drink it black. When I was out, I debated buying a small container of coffeemate creamer in Vanilla or something. I don't want anything too big as dragging it back to my place would be a disaster once it is opened. I decided to wait and see how I do with black coffee tomorrow and if it is just out of my tastebuds now, I'll go over to Shoppers Drug Mart and pick a small container up. Then leave any leftovers for Tannis and Gary.

I opened the front window blinds so Charlee could sit in her chair and watch the rain. She had a few comments to make about the rain. After going out to potty a few times, I'm quite certain she is not a fan!!

That's the updated skinny from Charlee's house!!

MJ
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well I completely overdid it today. The good news is I have six thousand steps.

The bad news is that I had two frosted walmart donuts when I went shopping, and that I sent to the outdoor concert on the square when it was 75 and walked around the square a couple times. I had a tiny shrimp ceviche but other than that have no appetite so right now I am setting under the fan in the air conditioner and drinking a large glass of water. I may try and walkin the house a little bit more.

I've gotten the blood check thing but have not done it, I may need to start but I am not sure how.

The twilight tunes thing was fun but I need to get there very early, have dinner and then grab my chair and take it to the shadiest place if the heat stays like this.

Kicking myself in the pants.