Daily Check-in May 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in May 20, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Mrscreative wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:50 am Hugs to you Clemencia. I hope you perhaps went to his favourite restaurant as a tribute.

Creative
Yes we are. We are going later this afternoon. Late lunch - early dinner.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:14 pm Good for you, Quilter!

Congratulations, Snowangel. You deserve a quieter summer to help grow the new baby.

Clem, that's a sweet thing to do to remember your sibling.

I took another antihistamine for my itchy hands and spent my lunch hour dozing on the office sofa. Could barely keep my eyes open long enough for noon to get here. Must put Benedryl cream on the grocery list so I can stop drugging up my whole self.
The COD thinks it is weird.

Since we are going later, I had to eat a sandwich for lunch. And just in time - another tomato ripened - it was yummy!!
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Thank you all for the support. Money will be a little tight for a bit but that is what we have our rainy day fund for. I did buy lunch, but I ordered enough to eat it for dinner and then am bringing some of it home tonight. So I got a good bit out of it.

Probably gonna rest after teeball tonight and maybe crochet a little. I have been taking my scraps of yarn and making the baby hats recently.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Update - much warmer than this morning. Some people are wearing shorts, but still too chilly for me.

I ended up taking a walk and could see the rainbow trout leaping up the fish ladder. A very special sight. I tried to capture it with my camera but was unsuccessful. The university had a tree company working at clearing some logs which were blocking the top of the dam. The university looked like it was having a recruitment fair so the campus was hopping!

Mail collected and all the bills were paid off by telephone banking and amounts recorded in my financial booklet.

I have solved my Wordle, still working on Quordle. My starting word today was horse. I just use whatever word comes to my mind. Dinner will be easy - mostly leftovers. Yeah for that! I will just make a vegetable.

I still haven’t cleaned that bathroom so best to get busy!

Creative
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
It's me JCKitty, had to start all over with forum because I got hacked and then my laptop gave up the ghost. Sweet Lord I thought I was going to lose my mind getting everything taken care of LOL.
I have been able to read but couldn't reply or start a new account until I got my new (to me) laptop.
Congrats on the new babe Snowangel. Everyone else ....I hope all is well.
Still trying to get family completely moved but it is getting done a little at a time. We are down to mainly garage stuff and "stored stuff" let me just say...we all have way too much stuff. I am constantly editing and paring down but even I have too much stuff!
Garden is nicely plowed and tilled and if it would stop raining we can get it planted. Just doing the basics , beans, okra, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, winter squash and cucumbers. Oh and peppers.
My yard got mowed today and I have a bee hive now! So exciting, I love bees and we use and sell a lot of honey. The other hive is at dads-my other house.
I have lots of flowers blooming and almost all plants in the ground, still have some marigold seedlings but I really want to put some around the tomatoes.
My chickens are laying like crazy and In between rainy days I was finally able to get the coop cleaned and re-bedded. It is a dirty messy job but I am always so happy to get it done.
Thats all I have for now.
Casadekitty =JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

casadekitty wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:26 pm Hello all,
It's me JCKitty, had to start all over with forum because I got hacked and then my laptop gave up the ghost. Sweet Lord I thought I was going to lose my mind getting everything taken care of LOL.
I have been able to read but couldn't reply or start a new account until I got my new (to me) laptop.
Congrats on the new babe Snowangel. Everyone else ....I hope all is well.
Still trying to get family completely moved but it is getting done a little at a time. We are down to mainly garage stuff and "stored stuff" let me just say...we all have way too much stuff. I am constantly editing and paring down but even I have too much stuff!
Garden is nicely plowed and tilled and if it would stop raining we can get it planted. Just doing the basics , beans, okra, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, winter squash and cucumbers. Oh and peppers.
My yard got mowed today and I have a bee hive now! So exciting, I love bees and we use and sell a lot of honey. The other hive is at dads-my other house.
I have lots of flowers blooming and almost all plants in the ground, still have some marigold seedlings but I really want to put some around the tomatoes.
My chickens are laying like crazy and In between rainy days I was finally able to get the coop cleaned and re-bedded. It is a dirty messy job but I am always so happy to get it done.
Thats all I have for now.
Casadekitty =JCKitty

I have been wondering about you. Glad you got back on....
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/