Daily Check-in May 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in May 20, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well it looks like today is going to be a "mixed bag" as it pertains to the weather. We've got heavy fog in some areas and cloudy with temps into the mid 70s later today. Then this afternoon, the rain comes in well into the evening.

Went to bed early last night so unfortunately I was up early this morning. Have done most of my morning activities with exception of mopping my floors and vacuuming which is scheduled for today. I will do that once my downstairs neighbor leaves for work as I don't like making noise over her head.

Today I have a web seminar on Isolation and how it affects the brain. I expect that there will be some similarly between this one and the one last week which dealt with Isolation and Depression.

On tonight's menu is italian hot sausage and veggies.

Well that's it for now. Have a super day.
'
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in May 20, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I was woken about 4:30 by rain hitting my window and off and on thunder and lightening. I am avoiding the shower for now. I am having flashbacks to April 2011 when lightening hit our house, causing the Chimney bricks to "explode", crashing into the roof over our family room. It took out a TV, my last desktop PC and a few other things. I am also holding off on starting my laundry. Is is supposed to be coming to an end soon. I do need to make my way down to my garage. I must have left my phone in the car. But since the garage is not attached to my part of the building, I am waiting on the rain again.

No big plans for today. My social group is doing dinner at the golf course again and that is not worth the gas to me right now. Speaking of gas, I need to gas up, but I do have 60 cents per gallon worth Kroger fuel points from buying gift cards. So I will use those. As long as DS2 does not beat me too it. (One of those gift cards was a Kroger one for him so he can get gas or groceries).

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:31 am Good morning all.

Well it looks like today is going to be a "mixed bag" as it pertains to the weather. We've got heavy fog in some areas and cloudy with temps into the mid 70s later today. Then this afternoon, the rain comes in well into the evening.

Went to bed early last night so unfortunately I was up early this morning. Have done most of my morning activities with exception of mopping my floors and vacuuming which is scheduled for today. I will do that once my downstairs neighbor leaves for work as I don't like making noise over her head.

Today I have a web seminar on Isolation and how it affects the brain. I expect that there will be some similarly between this one and the one last week which dealt with Isolation and Depression.

On tonight's menu is italian hot sausage and veggies.

Well that's it for now. Have a super day.
'
Sounds like an interesting seminar.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:00 am Good Morning,
I was woken about 4:30 by rain hitting my window and off and on thunder and lightening. I am avoiding the shower for now. I am having flashbacks to April 2011 when lightening hit our house, causing the Chimney bricks to "explode", crashing into the roof over our family room. It took out a TV, my last desktop PC and a few other things. I am also holding off on starting my laundry. Is is supposed to be coming to an end soon. I do need to make my way down to my garage. I must have left my phone in the car. But since the garage is not attached to my part of the building, I am waiting on the rain again.

No big plans for today. My social group is doing dinner at the golf course again and that is not worth the gas to me right now. Speaking of gas, I need to gas up, but I do have 60 cents per gallon worth Kroger fuel points from buying gift cards. So I will use those. As long as DS2 does not beat me too it. (One of those gift cards was a Kroger one for him so he can get gas or groceries).

Have a great day,
Maggie
I remember the lightening hitting the chimney and the resultant damage.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I was awoken by the sound of rain as well this morning, coming down fairly hard. It was way too early by even my standards to be up, so I lay on the sectional and slept a tiny bit longer.

Upon opening the drapes I noticed little tiny flakes of white falling. Yep, we are actually getting snow today just as was forecast, this is not in the least the type of weather we want at all. Dang it I may have to pull the winter coat out to wear for the next couple of days. It also could mean that youngest will not be coming home....Perhaps we could travel up there and even visit some greenhouses and stay a couple of nights. We shall see what happens. I might text youngest around noon to see what is happening.

I am going to do some baking today and will start that as soon as a few household tasks are completed. I think I will bake bread, make a cake, and use up the blueberries in the fridge freezer by making a pie. If there is any time left in the morning I just might get some cookie dough ready to bake in the afternoon as well. Time to start using up the fruits in the chest freezer downstairs. It will also take my mind off a few nagging questions.

Project wise, I hope to get the cushions sewn and stuffed for the wicker rocker, and more knitting accomplished. I will see if I can manage to get anything else done today as well. Most of the remaining projects are outside ones, or things that I have been unable to do as I need to measure and fit outside. I looked for waterproofing spray while shopping yesterday and could not find any, I might have to check yet more stores for that. Making the covers for my egg chair and the rocker really need that waterproofing in order to be worth while.

Supper tonight depends on if youngest comes home today or tomorrow. If not tonight I will make the Eggplant Parma I brought up stairs from the freezer at the beginning of the week, if he is home tonight I will make our favourite rib sticking Glace. His visit if here will also change tomorrows meal, but that will be discussed later.

Today I am grateful that I fell asleep quickly and deeply last night.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well I am doing much better than I thought after overdoing it heat wise and diet wise yesterday and did get some sleep.

Today is another killer but then tomorrow it goes down to the eighties. My son in Colorado is at 40 and slow today! another good reason for me to no longer be there.

Today will be an at home day. Once I am mobile post morning time I will do a quick house pickup and rotate the laundry and water my plants. I also need to chop some carrots and celery so I can get my italian beef stew into the slow cooker at some point.

I will do y walking around the house routine but not sure I will walk outside or ake the full six thousand today.

Project wise I have an art quilt to work on, various sewing projects and knitting. We'll see what takes priority. I also have a couple new books on my tablet for reading

Other than that no huge plans for me.