Daily Check-in May 20, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in May 20, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. DH and I had a late night, getting home at 10:30 p.m. after our evening out with our friends. The six of us oldsters played trivia at a deli and our team came in second of nine teams. If we had known much about '90s music, we would have come in first, but we were listening to little kid music in that decade because we were raising our babies. :-D

So far at work this morning I've had a fire alarm caused by the cleaning ladies cleaning a stove. There was no fire: just a lot of smoke from the cleaning cycle on a very dirty oven. I did the same thing the last time I cleaned mine.

Today I get off work at 2 p.m., the first of my summer-long early Fridays. Really looking forward to that.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Jackie, I hope the snow goes away!
Mackie
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Morning,

I struggled to get into my account this morning. I just wanted to stop by and update you all. I am finishing up the last two days of my two week notice this week. My last day is Monday and I cannot tell you all how happy I am about that. I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and still chugging along, I am planning to still job search, I have had seven or eight interviews recently. I did graduate last Sunday with my masters in counseling.

Frugally, I will do my best to spend very little but DS has a teeball game right after work and by then I will be starving.

Wishing yall the best!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept well last night and sort of wanted to stay in bed - but I gotta get this day going.

Hopefully someone will take me out for lunch - lol

I've had my coffee, I'm dressed, the pack has been out already

I'm starting on my box project. I have too many boxes and I mentioned it to my family and one of my sisters wants them - yea!! I hate to throw them away.

So gotta start gathering them

Have a great day
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Going to lunch!

It is my oldest siblings heavenly birthday so we are going out to celebrate it for him!
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:00 am Good Morning,
I was woken about 4:30 by rain hitting my window and off and on thunder and lightening. I am avoiding the shower for now. I am having flashbacks to April 2011 when lightening hit our house, causing the Chimney bricks to "explode", crashing into the roof over our family room. It took out a TV, my last desktop PC and a few other things.
I remember when your house was hit - scary!

This (link) happened in OK during our last really 'big' thunderstorm. No one was in that apartment by the grace of God, but I sure hurry in the bathroom now if there's a storm!

https://www.newson6.com/story/6273c324416d82072d0b3be5/firefighters:-lightning-bolt-strikes-toilet-at-okmulgee-apartment-comlex
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Maggie, I also remember your chimney trauma and you dealing with the aftermath. It's hard to believe it was that long ago.

Jackie, I hope the snow departs soon and for good. I know you are more than ready for spring.

Good morning, all. I seem to be moving in slow motion today. I slept pretty well, got up around 6am. I played all my word games as I do each morning. I like to think it wakes up my brain, lol. I keep adding games to the list. I now play Wordle, Quordle, Octordle, Phoodle, and Waffle. And the free version of NYT Spelling Bee. I might be addicted to word games. I *should* add a numbers game, but that would be hard! I'm so much more a word person than a numbers person.

It’s 80° here now and partly cloudy. Supposed to hit 90° today. I’m not leaving the house today. Tomorrow we are meeting DH’s family for lunch at a barbecue place nearby. Our neighbor is coming too. At some point I need to go to the CBD store to get more Delta 8 gummies. They really make a difference in my sleep quality.

Our wonderful neighbor picked up an extra roasted chicken for us when she was at Costco yesterday. She’s so sweet to us, never accepts payment for the chickens she brings us. Anyway, that was our dinner last night. I’m thinking about using the rest of it in a chicken and rice casserole with riced cauliflower. I think it will work fine…I guess we’ll see. 😊
Patty