Introducing Elsi

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Introducing Elsi

Post by Quilter51 »

Hello

There are a few of us from Texas, I live a bit further north than the other two, In Denton. I am 70 and retired for quite a while and a widow and an empty nester.

I am probably not as frugal as many people on the board, nor as high energy. I do what I can inr etirement but don't do much of the active stuff as such.

It's always nice to have new people join us
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Hello Elsi,

I am one of the fellow Canadians Jackie was referring to and live in Northwestern Ontario about 40 miles north of the Minnesota border.

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to hearing about all your frugal tips.

Creative
elsi

Post by elsi »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:07 pm Hello

There are a few of us from Texas, I live a bit further north than the other two, In Denton. I am 70 and retired for quite a while and a widow and an empty nester.

I am probably not as frugal as many people on the board, nor as high energy. I do what I can inr etirement but don't do much of the active stuff as such.

It's always nice to have new people join us
Well, well, well! Hello Quilter. I live in Sanger, just a few miles north of you. I do most of my shopping in Denton. I could be retired -- certainly old enough for it -- but I'm still enjoying my job and they keep letting me come to work! Actually, I did cut back to an 80% schedule a couple of years ago. That schedule has allowed me to have a bit more free time. If you'd like to meet up in person some time, I'm up for it!
Elsi in Texas
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hello Elsi...nice to have you join in!
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Welcome, Elsi! I am one of two (that I know of) from Oklahoma and it sometimes gets to be a hoot around here, lol. I live in a rural area on a good-sized piece of land that I get veggies from by allowing friends and neighbors to use it to plant a huge garden. I provide the land and water and they provide the seed/seedlings and labor.
elsi

Post by elsi »

Sandy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:34 am Welcome, Elsi! I am one of two (that I know of) from Oklahoma and it sometimes gets to be a hoot around here, lol. I live in a rural area on a good-sized piece of land that I get veggies from by allowing friends and neighbors to use it to plant a huge garden. I provide the land and water and they provide the seed/seedlings and labor.
Ooooh! Tell me how you recruited people to plant on your land. I'd love to have a small garden as long as I didn't have to do the labor. (I suppose I'd be able to tend a raised bed if it were about waist high, but not much lower.) I'd even supply the seeds or starts and be responsible for watering. As long as someone else were willing to do the planting & weeding, all I'd ask for would be a small amount of the harvest.

I'm also looking for a canning buddy. I have a pressure canner which I have yet to use. I have done a little bit of small batch water bath canning using s large pot in lieu of a proper canner.
Elsi in Texas