Introducing Elsi

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Introducing Elsi

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi Elsi,

Nice to meet you.

This is a great group; I've been a member for over 10 years. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Logics
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, Elsi. Love your frugal strategies. You are one of our people for sure.

I am one of several folks from Tennessee on the forum, and am a young senior citizen looking forward to retirement.
Mackie
elsi

Post by elsi »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:46 am Welcome Elsi,

I am Maggie. I am in my mid-50s, ... I have always worked in IT. I have about a dozen more years until I am eligible for retirement. I hope I make it that long. Being an older, high earner, I feel like I have a target on my back. While my 401(k) is ok, I am working to build other types of savings.

I live in SW Ohio, USA.
Hi, Maggie! I'm also working in IT and that's one reason why I'm quite a few years past the usual retirement age. With this career, it was so easy to keep working during the pandemic lock-in period, though I really missed the regular travel which had been a big part of my job. When people ask me why I'm so frugal ("cheap"), I just tell them I'm practicing for retirement.
Elsi in Texas
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Welcome Elsi

I am one of the older members in age. I am not as frugal as I used to be.

Some just isn’t practical as a family of one. Some is my lack of strength and energy.

I gave up driving several years ago.

I am mostly house bound because of COVID-19, I have Leukemia and am extremely high risk.

Penny
elsi

Post by elsi »

itspennyc wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:16 pm Welcome Elsi

I am one of the older members in age. I am not as frugal as I used to be.

Some just isn’t practical as a family of one. Some is my lack of strength and energy.

I gave up driving several years ago.

I am mostly house bound because of COVID-19, I have Leukemia and am extremely high risk.

Penny
Penny, it's good to meet you. I was telling someone earlier today that frugal doesn't mean doing everything by yourself. I stink at making pie crusts and biscuits. I've tried over and over and just don't get a good product. So, for me it's frugal to buy the ready-made ones than to keep wasting flour and fat/oil trying to master them. Although you live alone, I hope you have friendships through this forum and other online places. Some of my closest friends were met online in genealogy and reading groups. And there are lots of those folks that I've never met in person. I'm looking forward to talking with you more in this forum.
Elsi in Texas
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have never been able to make cut out biscuits, but I can and do make drop biscuits.

I do most of my own cooking, I bake thanks to my KitchenAid stand mixer.

Penny