Daily Check in May 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in May 21, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

chocolite wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:00 pm I hope it's a free channel and available to you in Canada. I think it sort of took the place of IMD, which I used to watch.
I have a VPN that I pay for so can change it to anywhere in the world so hopefully I can get it.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Boy is it warm out there - 102 degrees!

The AC is really running. Our bill this month is already twice what it was last month.

Supposed to cool down tonight.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

A late check in for me today. I had a very busy but happy day.

Dh had his first golf game of the season and left around 9:30 am. I prepared him a lunch, including a water bottle and a thermos of hot tea. Yes, I spoil him rotten but he knows that and appreciates me. All his friends take their lunches too. Last year due to Covid restrictions there was no food service aside from chocolate bars, chips and soft drinks from the cart girl. This food was consumed outside. So now his friends have gotten into the habit of taking a bagged lunch. They eat quickly after the first nine holes.

I did three loads of laundry today, changing beds and remaking them with clean sheets. Emptied the dishwasher and then went with Dd2 to Marshall’s (similar to TJMaxx) to look at a housewarming gift with her. She found a lovely spring door wreath for her friend who recently purchased her first house. I ended up getting a new sun hat (fits well, doesn’t fall off even when I put and shake my head down, and can be packed easily (non crushable). We couldn’t find a hanger for the wreath there so tried Dollarama and Walmart with no luck. While at Marshall’s I picked up a treat - some honey and pistachio baklava, a product of Greece. If I cannot go to Greece, I shall have Greece come to me!

After returning home Dd2 and I decided to go for a bike ride. It was quite chilly with a strong head wind so I was glad I had worn magic gloves. Dd2 donated some of her books at our little neighborhood library. We biked about 10 miles, developed a hefty appetite and enjoyed our lunch at home with a hot cup of tea.

Dd1 called and we had a lovely, long chat and I discovered Denver was covered with a few inches of snow!! MJ I noticed you had some as well as Jackie. Fortunately we evaded it this time! I sincerely hope no more until late fall. Yet Ottawa is having a heat wave!

I am excited because my step sister and her hubby will be visiting us in July. They are taking a six week road trip from Calgary to Nova Scotia. I hope they plan to stay at least a couple of days with us both going and returning back. Dd1 and her boyfriend will be visiting for about a week and a half in August after she submits her tenure application. They are driving up and now that they have a house, she‘ll take back a few remaining belongings, maybe even the piano. And Dh has purchased a new vehicle and promised to take me on a road trip. We’re not exactly sure when, as the date of the delivery for the new vehicle is not firm, but supposed to be the end of June. He’s getting a Hyundai Tuscon. So a lot of exciting things to look forward to. And a LOT of exciting activities with our 55 Plus Centre including outdoor water acquabics, bocce ball, tennis, golf and guided hikes.

MJ I was wondering if your community offers any safe bicycle classes for adults. Here we have lessons given by trained volunteers to teach older children/teens how to ride a bike. All the kids that have fallen through the cracks. They will teach adults too and have taught adult female immigrants how to ride a bike so they can get to work. It’s a wonderful organization and bikes/helmets are provided free of charge. They have lots of testimonials on their websites and have taught children with autism too. Don’t you dare let your friend deter you. But of course be sensible and do so in a safe manner. My bicycle was a very good investment at $185 in 1986. Yes - I still have the receipt from Canadian Tire! It has given me hours of entertainment over the years and a great means of exercise. It really increases the distance you can cover compared to walking. Environmentally friendly to boot! Our city has really expanded the number of bike paths. I am not a fan of biking on busy streets, sharing the same street with cars.

Sleep tight everyone!
Creative
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Update: Sure I issed some posts as I scanned quickly.

Mainly the day has flown by but that's okay. I did attack my night stand which is actually a very large two drawer dresser and put organizers and deep dividers in it and got the top shelf organized. I also spent a good hour in total taking things to a different rom that they belonged to...I am often taking off earings and even clothes in the studio to change into dirty ones and there was stuff that went in the bathroom and so on.

Other than that I did not get sewing doen but I did make a plan and will try and knit tonight. I am knitting everywhere I go.

I did go out to the little craft fair that I have committed to doing twice in june-once a special pride craft fair at a local brewery that has a large out door yard and the other at the same place. There was literally no one at either place with sewn items of any kind so I believe my yard flags and pride wall hangings and napkins and reusable paper towels and so on will do just fine. I tell you what, if there was one earrings booth there were ten when it comes to jewelry.

I decided my next art quilt will be a flamingo after the current florals. I have a shal on the knitting needs, the art quilt, and I need to set up the loom to weave.

I decided instead of the italan beef stew I had last night that I will have to hot dogs with a salad or veggies and strawberries. I skipped lunch again and had a chocolate covered oreo cookie (my daughter got them for me for mom's day and I have been rationing them.

As for synthyroid I am on medicare and my secondary insurance provides it for a fifteen dollar copay a month or for fifteen dollars for 90 days through the CVS mail order pharmacy. I just started the mail pharmacy a few months ago and I am a fan.

No walking to speak of other than housework and through the fair-the past couple days I have been a layabout. Tomorrow back to the 6000 number of exercise.

Trying to decide if I can get up early enough to make eight thirty church so that I can free up more of my sunday. the eleven service works better for my body clock, but by the time I visited with everyone and so on and so forth, much of the day is shot as far as sewing or crafting (I dont do housework or any of that on sunday)
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am on Medicare also, I have a Medicare advantage plan, my current plan this year provides several medications at no cost. My Thyroid medication is one of them.

Penny
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

The medication prices I quoted are for everyone. Including people with no extended health care coverage at all. In Canada we still do not have universal coverage for all prescribed medication until you turn 65. But most work places do have full coverage (if a full time worker)for medical prescriptions, eyeglasses, dental visits and much more. Dd2 pays nothing for any day of these services.This includes coverage for your spouse and children . So I do think we have it pretty good!
Last edited by Mrscreative on Sat May 21, 2022 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.