Daily Check in May 21, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 21, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

So DS2 has a 3rd interview with the CEO of a small but expanding staffing company on Monday. But I am preparing a check for him to pay his rent and some other expenses.

I am triple-booked this afternoon with a Grad party, DGS8 soccer game and DGS5 baseball game. The games may be cancelled sue to weather. We will see. I need to go out and gas up and buy some more produce.

Have a great day,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check in May 21, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Maggie and all frugal friends. Maggie, what a busy day for you! I'm thinking good thoughts for your son. If this is his third interview and its with the CEO, my bet is that they plan to hire him.

Much to do on the homefront today. I have next week off (other than a zoom meeting from home on Tuesday) and I don't want to spend it all on chores so want to put a big dent in things today.

My #1 goal is to clean up my old car, take photos and list it for sale. I have no idea how to sell a car but here I go! I'm going to drive it round the corner to the grocery today for old times sake, I really do like it a lot.

Just woke up for the second time so off to get ready for the day. Take care everyone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning, Maggie, Sheila, and all --

It's been a nice quiet morning. I've done all my word games - solved them all, so maybe that means I'll have an extra good day, lol. We have DH's luncheon later. I'm looking forward to seeing his sisters and aunt/uncle. It's supposed to rain at some point, but I hope it holds off until we're back home.

I made my chicken and rice casserole yesterday. I deboned and chopped the chicken early in the day, then mid-afternoon all I had to do was assemble the casserole and bake. Like Quilter, I do much better if I can do the bulk of my cooking early in the day, because I often am not up to it later.

I started watching the Bosch remake on FreeVe last night. I love it. I'd forgotten how much I loved that show. They've brought back all the main characters.

Hope you all have a great Saturday.
Patty
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello Maggie and all,

I am up way too early for me. Lots of thunder and rain this morning. It woke the dogs up who in turn woke me up. I will probably need a nap later today as I am already tired. I didn't sleep well last night.
Maggie I hope your DS2 finds the job for him. It is so hard when they are first starting out. One of my step-grandsons ( former now I guess?) graduated with a degree in theater lighting and management and can't find a job in his field anywhere. He ended up getting his pilots license and is working at the local municipal airport. He was looking for a job in his field when the pandemic struck and of course everything was shut down.
I am just sitting here in the morning quiet drinking coffee and trying to figure out what my day will look like because of the weather. Thank goodness the SiL mowed my yard yesterday. I am so thankful he loves to mow and has a big zero turn mower. He also mows at the other house and it is amazing how fast and well it gets done. I have mentioned before how much I dislike mowing.
He is also sorting and pitching in the garage at dads old house. I pointed out what I wanted kept and he is dealing with the rest. I don't know what to keep and he does.
I was very impressed that he hung dads motorcycle banners in the garage. My dad rode his restored vintage bikes until he was 87 years old and then sold them because he knew it was time for him to quit riding and others would appreciate the workmanship.
I need to do floors today and 1 load of laundry.... there will not be any using the outside lines today :(
I have acquired? adopted DD2's dog :roll: because he is elderly and becoming more neurotic and he does so much better here with me. She works long hours and couldn't give him the attention that he needs. He had started getting her up 2 or 3 times at night to go potty and then would whine at the treat jar .
She should have never started giving treats because thats the only reason he was getting her up at night. He's a glutton for treats and she is a push-over.
Not at my house... I don't give treats and I am not a push-over. He does not get me up and has learned going to potty outside is expected not rewarded. I am a hard-#$! when it comes to animals and treats. In my world you get a treat when I want to give them and not for doing what you are supposed to do. :lol:
It has stopped raining so I better get busy.
JCKitty=casadekitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:52 am Good Morning friends,

So DS2 has a 3rd interview with the CEO of a small but expanding staffing company on Monday. But I am preparing a check for him to pay his rent and some other expenses.

I am triple-booked this afternoon with a Grad party, DGS8 soccer game and DGS5 baseball game. The games may be cancelled sue to weather. We will see. I need to go out and gas up and buy some more produce.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Keeping my fingers crossed for your DS and that the interview goes well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:12 am Good morning, Maggie and all frugal friends. Maggie, what a busy day for you! I'm thinking good thoughts for your son. If this is his third interview and its with the CEO, my bet is that they plan to hire him.

Much to do on the homefront today. I have next week off (other than a zoom meeting from home on Tuesday) and I don't want to spend it all on chores so want to put a big dent in things today.

My #1 goal is to clean up my old car, take photos and list it for sale. I have no idea how to sell a car but here I go! I'm going to drive it round the corner to the grocery today for old times sake, I really do like it a lot.

Just woke up for the second time so off to get ready for the day. Take care everyone.
I can see you zipping around the house today. Hope you get all that you want done completed.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/