Daily Check In Ma y 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In Ma y 22, 2022

Post by Mrscreative »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:19 am Salut mes amis!

Charlee and I slept in today until 8 am Mind you, we were up very late watching medical shows on TLC! Well, I was while Charlee snoozed in the chair next to me. It was nice to "sleep in." Charlee was so far down at the bottom of the bed and the blankets seemed "tight" down there so every now and again, I would put my foot on her to feel her still breathing. Good thing I never was able to have kids. I would have been waking them up all the time to check that they were breathing!

Charlee had quite a night last night. She barked for what seemed like FOREVER. She was all jazzed up about something going on. I'd let her out only every half hour to 45 minutes so not to acclimate her to thinking all she has to do is bark at the door and then go outside to raise hell on the neighbors. I always watched and saw that she had done her business so I knew it wasn't that she needed a potty break! It was nice to get out so often. I take her out the deck door and then really enjoy sitting on the deck and listening to the birds and last night seeing the stars amidst the thinning clouds.

We have sunshine today! It was "warm enough" to sit on the deck in the chair without a coat this morning while Charlee had her morning constitutional. It's going to be much nicer this afternoon.

Charlee's Mum and Dad are making their way back home from Thunder Bay. They left at 9:30 am and are hoping to make it home tonight, one day early. Momma Bear is missing her little cub, Charlee!! I can understand that. She is a very lovely little doggo but does get herself worked up barking. I mentioned how Mackie's Rosie had been doing better with anxiety since being on CBD. I hope they will look into it and maybe some Puppy Kindergarten too so that being trained with other doggos might help her out. She just gets herself so worked up with her barking and going back and forth in the house. Fortunately, since I don't hear dogs barking in my neighborhood, I don't mind the barking at all and it just reminds me how lucky I am to be spending time with a doggo!

I had my two cups of coffee today and am now enjoying some water while also having a Diet Pepsi. Aside from Thursday when I bought the coffee at McDonald's and spilled it all over the car? I haven't spent a dime while here. I should be able to make it through today as a very frugal day too. Once I am paid, I can then cover all the mini loans I have gotten for the week and maybe have enough left over to "treat" myself to some salsa and tortilla chips. Jackie and Creative, if you have a SOBEYS in your towns and like salsa for anything, try the Compliments brand of chunky salsa. It is SO GOOD and SO MUCH CHEAPER than me buying all the ingredients to buy it. Don't get the "restaurant" type as it is thin (unless you like that) but the Complements brand doesn't run and goes so nice with tortillas made into fajitas, tacos and you name it!!

While Gary and Tannis have a very nice bed and it is comfy, I will look forward to getting home to mine. They don't have the covers on theirs that I do and I like a pile of them! I'll have a lot of work to do when I get home. That's always a going thing though for all of us, isn't it?

Well, Charlee is asleep in the chair next to me. I am watching my Sunday news shows and will spend a lot of the afternoon sitting on the deck while Charlee plays. Tannis and Garry figure to make the entire trip from Thunder Bay, Ontario to Brandon today. If they do decide to stop, the will stop in Dryden, Ontario but I'm pretty sure Tannis wants to get home to her girl!! I'll miss the little squeak (barker!) but I know I'll be back doing the occasional babysitting job as they go to Winnipeg or wherever while they plan their wedding. They were at Gary's Son's house in T. Bay so that the guys could all get suits that the Bride would approve of for the Sept 4th wedding. Tannis approved of their purchase!

Well, that is the skinny from around here!!

MJ
MJ thanks for the Compliments brand recommendation for salsa. I have never tried it before. Normally I use Old El Paso medium spicy salsa. I have never used the Restaurant brand or any by the chips. I head to the Mexican/international food section.

We have Safeway and Freshco here which carry Compliments brand. I buy their frozen fruit and veggies, flour, baking powder, cheese. I find the quality excellent and prices a little lower than name brand.