Daily Check In Ma y 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In Ma y 22, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Well yesterday I managed to get the cake iced, buns made, the pots for plants set out front to dry out and for youngest to chose some to take home (seems like he wants most of them). But no cookies were made. I just petered out I guess. I will try and get a batch on the go before he leaves this morning. I really would like to send some home with him.

The old lawnmower is in the back of his vehicle, and Hubby found some hoses that we no longer use and those are in there as well. I might find a few other items to hand over to him the next time we go up to visit, like some gardening shears and I think there might be a couple of old folding chairs somewhere. We will see what we can come up with. I would like to go up for a visit sometime in June and give him a hand with a few things. Like redoing his cupboards (wonder if we still have our old handles around...) or fixing the screens on his front door.

Yesterday DS worked on my mini computer's apps. I now have my tv box back and can add that to my watching enjoyment. I really think that for the most part I could do away with regular TV and just use apps. I don't think Hubby could though and that is the problem. I would love to disconnect from our service.

As DS will be leaving fairly early this morning we will not be attending Mass. I will watch it online again today. I really do not feel with the uptick in Omicron cases that it is safe as of yet.

Speaking of youngest DS, I found out that the last time the weather had a big change he missed 4 days of work due to the pain in his healed broken hip. He also got some major migraines.... Said it was like they were using a jack hammer to drill into his hip and his head was ready to explode. I said to go to a doctor's and explain all this. Perhaps he could get something to help when he feels the pain coming on. Kind of nip it in the bud so to speak.

Frugally today will once again follow most of my day's. Rather boring person here. I will walk for exercise, make my meals from what I have at home, I may go an buy some skim milk as Hubby is trying some new diet thing he read about. I plan on doing a bit of weeding in the garden plots. I need to get things looking good in those areas once again. I also want to perhaps buy my herbs before I have big trouble finding them (basil seems to disappear very quickly).

I will also be making my list of household tasks for next week and perhaps working on what I have now decided will be a shrug for myself rather than a poncho for the family reunion's auction. I will make the poncho in a different colour for that. So as you can see the regular boring things happening.

The smoked pork turned out beautifully last night and along with the salad and baked potatoes made a wonderful meal. The leftover pork is in a freezer bag and placed in the freezer. Since youngest is leaving today I will be pulling out the Eggplant Parma for our supper tonight. May even make some garlic bread to go along with it.

Today I am grateful for all the techie things that youngest DS does for us when he is home. I can do the basics, but anything other than that is beyond my capabilities.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Boy what a stormy night we had - unfortunately no rain for us. Lots of thunder and lightning all around us.

Poor biggest pup was shaking and trembling. I was holding her close and hugging her tight so she could relax. She does wear a calming collar and honestly - this incident was not as bad as the others - so it must be helping a bit.

So not much sleep was had last night. But I feel okay.

It is down right chilly outside - lol - mid 60s! Will be like this for most of the week. We needed a break. But we also need rain. The country side got rain - which is good for the ranchers and farmers out there. It has been a rough growing season for them.

Just finished my coffee and might make another cup

Have a great day.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Sheila, years ago DD2 had a dog that ate a walmart plastic bag :shock: and yes it was while she was living here with me. We didn't know she had eaten the bag until it started coming out from her behind! I very carefully helped it out and it looked like it had been twisted in a machine! Dog was fine but I was an absolute mess from having to "help " it out. That dog never gave any indication of eating it or passing it.
When i got it pulled very carefully out of her she just looked at me as if to say thanks and ambled off to sniff and explore. My GD is a vet tech and tells me all the time the odd things dogs ingest and do.

I spent all afternoon and most of the evening at dads-my other house. The garage is sorted and almost completely cleaned! OMG it looks so good and I am so pleased as I know my dad would also be. He was very particular and it was a mess. DD2 still has to go thru her pile of junk but I condensed and organized it the best i could and it is very much improved. How did I raise one DD and she is a cleaner like me and the other can live in clutter and what I call a mess? We all have too much stuff.
I have done a load of laundry and it is on the lines, I am drinking coffee and watching my Sunday shows.
I need to make a trip to the recycle depot as I have a load of broken down cardboard boxes. Next up I will take a load of metal recyclables.
My house is in good shape but tomorrow will stay home and do floors. I did get my mermaid seafood salad made and it will be lunches for the first part of the week anyway. I would really like to get something dessert wise made....probably tomorrow as we have today planned. Everyone else is sleeping in, wish I could but m in a streak of can't shut my brain off and can't sleep in :roll:
This week between rains we are going to put in garden. I could do it myself during the day but the girls want to help so we will do it after they all get home from work.
Off to get my day started....more coffee.

JCKitty
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

I put my "so called" recipe for the mermaid seafood salad in the recipe folder.
With a warning that I am not good about measuring...I am a pinch and dribble cook.
JCKitty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:50 am The DISH man was asking questions and the ADT guy was on the phone and the solar guy outside. I started to laugh and said, " I have not had this many men in my life all at one time." The DISH and ADT guys both laughed.
Why Janet, you gadabout, you! :-D

Thanks for the laugh!
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Jackie, when I was in my 40s I had terrible migraines, I think due to perimenopause. Anyway, my doctor prescribed Imitrex. It helped a lot, but I had to take it at the first moment of pain; otherwise, it didn't make much difference. Has your DS tried Excedrin Migraine? It helped me some - also only when I took it at the first twinge.

Good morning frugal friends. We had storms last night. Fortunately, we were all snug and safe inside. Audrey did pretty well, actually. She got half a storm pill yesterday afternoon when they started and another half at bedtime. I fell asleep in my recliner and when I woke up, she was on the footrest and my legs were hanging off. :roll: So we went to bed. Even with that, I slept pretty well last night.

DH's birthday lunch was a big hit. Both his sisters, niece and baby, aunt and uncle, and our neighbor all joined us at his favorite barbecue "joint" and it was really fun. This was the biggest group setting I've been in for literally years and, although a bit stressful, I enjoyed it. I know I tend to isolate, and I need to make a better effort to socialize with people. Logic's statistics and info on isolation really hit home with me.

Today I need to make up a big salad for this week. We still have chicken and rice, so that will be supper, along with the salad. I have my writing session at 2pm. And that's about it.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.
Patty