Daily Check In Ma y 22, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In Ma y 22, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Penny, your frog sounds very cute.

I am sitting down and resting for a bit. I cleaned the bathroom and laundry room and bleach mopped the laundry room, bathroom, kitchen and pantry. Also vacuumed the back porch and put Mop and Glo on the kitchen floor. The laundry room rug went through a wash cycle and is outside drying.

I still need to vacuum the kitchen rugs, which are on the back porch, and put them back.

The dogs really need a bath too, so I will try to fit that in.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Sheila, labs will eat (literally) anything depending on mood and other things. When my children were younger my first two dogs (a lab and a beagle) took a prime rib off the table in the time it took me to setit down and drag the guys from the tv that was in the same room.Said dogs also completely destroyed a pager (that's how long ago this was) but fortunately could not swallow it.

Jackie I am not one to give advice but I am the mom and the sister of serious migraine sufferers. It's helpful if you can find a "trigger" which most migraines have. My son's are caused by barometric changes so anytime the weather is going to do a drastic degree change (just as an example) which happens often in Colorado he automatically starts taking medicine in advance and that usually heads of the worst of it.

I did do the wamr shower and go to church (missing bible study and so on before) and went to coffee hour for a bit. Im now home and am deciding whether to do some long term craft and project planning or go sit down and start cutting. I think it's the former and some knitting being lazy sunday. Ill also work on some more steps although I dont expect to get to six thousand.

I either have left over Italian beef stew or a frozen shrimp fried rice for dinner (I may have the rice for lunch) and then I need to freeze the rest of the stew in containers.

I had a pecan sandie cookie and grabbed a few hershey's kisses at the coffee hour. It makes my diet imperfect but is better than having a full dessert at home.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

It has been a very good day. It rained and turned cool so DD and I took the dogs for a LONG walk, over to the school, around the football field, soccer field, the entire campus which includes three separate schools and several other buildings. We now hare 3 tired dogs - never a bad thing.

Hope is continuing to do very well and is back to normal as far as I am concerned. Still calling the Vet tomorrow to talk the situation over with a doctor or tech. My concern is that, even though she seems completely, 100% well, there could still be something in there.

I also have to run into my office in the morning as I forgot the camera and microphone I need for my laptop for my meetings on Tuesday. I'm sneaking in early and getting out!

DD is cleaning her space and we are going to eat at 7 - we are even opening a bottle of wine to have with our dinner and I picked up some coconut gelato to go with our coconut cake for dessert. We will sleep good tonight! I hope you have all had an enjoyable weekend!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We had tremendous rain here, Shelia. I gave all three of our dogs a quick bath in between cleaning projects, which wore them out.

I myself am worn out after all that cleaning followed by washing rugs, dog beds, and cooking supper. We had a nice roast chicken stuffed with a halved apple and a quartered sweet onion to keep the meat moist. I made corn on the cob for the guys and a big pot of mac and cheese, and we had applesauce for those who wanted it.

Sewing did not happen and I am not going to start anything that requires precision as tired as I am.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
I too have had a busy day....good but busy. I am hoping I will be able to sleep tonight. I have been in one of my can't sleep cycles, I got up and took 1/2 a childs benadryl last night because I was fighting the bed again and as tired as I was could not get to sleep.
GD has requested veggie soup and I will be making that probably tomorrow. I swear that child could eat veggie soup every week.
Tomorrow I need to clean my camper and get it set up. I keep mouse poison in it but am always anxious that none are in there or have been in there. I hate rodents!
I will get my housework done first because if I don't I won't want to stop playing in my camper to get it done.LOL It's like a little play house for me.
DD's dog has finally learned to go to the door and whine to go out, I had been having to just take him out and potty him about once every 2 hours...he is geriatric but still capable of learning. I have 2 geriatric dogs and I feel like I am running a doggy daycare lol.
Well off to bathe and relax.
JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:19 am Salut mes amis!

Charlee and I slept in today until 8 am Mind you, we were up very late watching medical shows on TLC! Well, I was while Charlee snoozed in the chair next to me. It was nice to "sleep in." Charlee was so far down at the bottom of the bed and the blankets seemed "tight" down there so every now and again, I would put my foot on her to feel her still breathing. Good thing I never was able to have kids. I would have been waking them up all the time to check that they were breathing!

Charlee had quite a night last night. She barked for what seemed like FOREVER. She was all jazzed up about something going on. I'd let her out only every half hour to 45 minutes so not to acclimate her to thinking all she has to do is bark at the door and then go outside to raise hell on the neighbors. I always watched and saw that she had done her business so I knew it wasn't that she needed a potty break! It was nice to get out so often. I take her out the deck door and then really enjoy sitting on the deck and listening to the birds and last night seeing the stars amidst the thinning clouds.

We have sunshine today! It was "warm enough" to sit on the deck in the chair without a coat this morning while Charlee had her morning constitutional. It's going to be much nicer this afternoon.

Charlee's Mum and Dad are making their way back home from Thunder Bay. They left at 9:30 am and are hoping to make it home tonight, one day early. Momma Bear is missing her little cub, Charlee!! I can understand that. She is a very lovely little doggo but does get herself worked up barking. I mentioned how Mackie's Rosie had been doing better with anxiety since being on CBD. I hope they will look into it and maybe some Puppy Kindergarten too so that being trained with other doggos might help her out. She just gets herself so worked up with her barking and going back and forth in the house. Fortunately, since I don't hear dogs barking in my neighborhood, I don't mind the barking at all and it just reminds me how lucky I am to be spending time with a doggo!

I had my two cups of coffee today and am now enjoying some water while also having a Diet Pepsi. Aside from Thursday when I bought the coffee at McDonald's and spilled it all over the car? I haven't spent a dime while here. I should be able to make it through today as a very frugal day too. Once I am paid, I can then cover all the mini loans I have gotten for the week and maybe have enough left over to "treat" myself to some salsa and tortilla chips. Jackie and Creative, if you have a SOBEYS in your towns and like salsa for anything, try the Compliments brand of chunky salsa. It is SO GOOD and SO MUCH CHEAPER than me buying all the ingredients to buy it. Don't get the "restaurant" type as it is thin (unless you like that) but the Complements brand doesn't run and goes so nice with tortillas made into fajitas, tacos and you name it!!

While Gary and Tannis have a very nice bed and it is comfy, I will look forward to getting home to mine. They don't have the covers on theirs that I do and I like a pile of them! I'll have a lot of work to do when I get home. That's always a going thing though for all of us, isn't it?

Well, Charlee is asleep in the chair next to me. I am watching my Sunday news shows and will spend a lot of the afternoon sitting on the deck while Charlee plays. Tannis and Garry figure to make the entire trip from Thunder Bay, Ontario to Brandon today. If they do decide to stop, the will stop in Dryden, Ontario but I'm pretty sure Tannis wants to get home to her girl!! I'll miss the little squeak (barker!) but I know I'll be back doing the occasional babysitting job as they go to Winnipeg or wherever while they plan their wedding. They were at Gary's Son's house in T. Bay so that the guys could all get suits that the Bride would approve of for the Sept 4th wedding. Tannis approved of their purchase!

Well, that is the skinny from around here!!

MJ
MJ thanks for the Compliments brand recommendation for salsa. I have never tried it before. Normally I use Old El Paso medium spicy salsa. I have never used the Restaurant brand or any by the chips. I head to the Mexican/international food section.

We have Safeway and Freshco here which carry Compliments brand. I buy their frozen fruit and veggies, flour, baking powder, cheese. I find the quality excellent and prices a little lower than name brand.