Daily Check In May 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check In May 23, 2022

Post by chocolite »

Good morning, all. Kitty, your granddaughter is a girl after my own heart. I could eat veggie soup every week too. Snowangel, congrats on your (semi)retirement.

It's a cool 60 degrees here now, but the air is moist, yuck. Humidity is something like 86%. Supposed to reach the mid 70s. I think the rain has moved out. I hope so anyway. I need to get out today to the CBD store. I would love to go to Walgreens for some pork "cracklins" as well - they have the kind I love, and the grocery store doesn't. Hopefully, my feet/legs will cooperate.

I'm not sure what supper will be. I have some salmon in the freezer that needs cooking, though, so that may be the plan. I also have an interesting smoked sausage/sauerkraut recipe I've been wanting to try. After his nearly weeklong birthday celebration, DH said he wants to get back to lower carb eating.

Hope you all have a good Monday.
Patty
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Hi Patty,

I'm calling it my mini vacation lol. I will go back but once I get a job with my counseling degree. I plan to spend the time with my family and enjoying my pregnancy. I might spend a few days sleeping in haha.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up about 5:45, I was tired so went back to bed. Then I discovered that the pillow I put under my knees was missing. During the night I had pulled it out and it was now at the head of the bed.

I am making an extra cover for my pressing pad. This way I can wash them. My sister told me how to clean off fusible interfacing glue off the iron. I asked a friend for a dryer sheet. I used it to get the goo from the plate of the iron. It worked. My iron is nice and clean with almost no work.

Next I need to get small area the off my pressing pad cover. I made the first one with unbleached muslin. The second will also be unbleached muslin.

I made a batch of oatmeal blueberry muffins for breakfast this morning. I have emptied the dishwasher. Next is to reload. I do have some hand dishes. The muffin pan, cooling rack. The pitcher I used to make the muffins and a couple of measuring cups.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I sleep off and on all night. The COD asked me yesterday about my eye. He said it was too dark - I said it was the dark circles since I don't get regular sleep. And I wasn't wearing makeup - so they really stood out.

One day I will get 8 hours of sleep in a row!

Oh yesterday was another exciting day in our area - again no cell or internet service from noon until after midnight. I got some things done - lol.

This is the second weekend in a row this has happened. Last time it was Saturday. It was ATT. Verizon was still working. The COD is thinking of getting Verizon.

Well I have had my coffee and caught up on things - so have to get this day started.

Will be nice - temps only in the 80s.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Much cooler and overcast today. One of the things Im missing very much about Colorado is that the sun came out every single day. Warm, cold it did not matter and I am missing that. Even when its warm im not a fan of the overcast skies.

I've done my chair morning routine including prayer and ten dollars of survey earnings and wordle and so on, and Ive had my breakfast. I'm now getting ready to do a quick house pickup overall, house walk and get dressed since I have knitting group at noon. Lunch will be some quick soup or somesuch. I did not jump in the shower this morning so I'll just do a quick washup until tonight.

At knitting group I'll be working on the shawl I am actually making for me and we'll be discussing the fall bazaar that is now returning post covid. Afterwards I need to do a target pickup. When I got my Red card I also got a coupon for forty off forty bucks and Im getting a large fridge sized brita filter with the push button faucet. We'll see how I like it.

I need to plan menus for the week and make an order. I have the stuff on hand for both tuna noodle casserole and pork chops with stuffing and apples. I need to freeze the rest of the beef stew, and then I'll have two beef menus in the freezer, two kinds of beef stew (one with hamburger)., so I think I'll do the baked porkchop and apple thing tonight. We shall see.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning!

Even though I am not working now my alarm dog still thinks I need to get up at 6 am. Actually he started earlier than that today.

Not much planned here today other than deep cleaning the kitchen refrigerator. It's almost empty now so it should not take too long. I may go to the store today to see if I can find some sale items. We are slowly eating down our freezer items. I don't necessarily want to empty it out but I am being mindful about the fact that extreme heat later this summer might trigger some power outages. In the meantime I am slowly stocking up on non-perishable items as I find good sales (rare occasion these days).

I noticed one of my old dining room chairs has completely fallen apart. It will be taken to the garage or the storage shed to be used for parts. In the meantime I am looking around for a new (to me) set of chairs to match my table and china cabinet. No rush since I still have three more payments to be made on my HVAC.

It is supposed to be hot this week...upper 90's to low 100's so no yardwork today. I hope to start doing a little each morning. I need to find out why my sprinkler control does not work. I have been trying to contact my gardiner to fix it. Hopefully he will be here tomorrow.

Bev