Daily Check In May 23, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In May 23, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Ellen Marie, congratulations on the new granddaughter!

Hang in there Snowangel. The workday is nearly over. (((HUGS)))

JCKitty, no mice is a very good thing!

I guess it's all the physical labor I did yesterday, but I've been just hungry as a bear all day. Been good and did not put money in the snack machine upstairs, though.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I got up early this morning, took my meds and then went back to bed to listen to my CBC radio shows. I finally ditched lying in bed at about 10 am! It felt good to be in my own bed last night.

I was supposed to babysit Charlee until today but Tannis was missing her little girl. They figured to be home about 9:30 pm last night so I turned on the outside lights at their house about 9 pm. About 9:15, Charlee jumped off the chair she was resting on next to me. I said, "Did you hear a car Charlee?" and followed her to the front entrance. There stood Gary and Tannis! They came in so quietly neither Charlee nor I had heard them. Charlee, of course, was delighted to see her pawrents. Lots of kisses and cuddles to go around. As I was getting packed up to leave, Charlee even came over to me for kisses and cuddles which surprised Gary and Tannis since she had always been so stand offish around others except family.

I spoke to Tannis and Gary this morning to see how Charlee was doing since they'd hired me because she was always so freaked out when coming home from the Pet Spa/Resort. Tannis told me that it was like they had never left! Not stressed out or acting out or anything. Whew! I did my job! Gary was so happy with how she was acting last night that he paid me close to the pet resort rate. I told them that wasn't necessary but I think Charlee is especially dear to Gary's heart and so to hear his little girl was okay made him happy! Another bonus that Charlee was okay! They booked me for 5 days in July and a week and a half for their September Honeymoon.

I just got a call from Shoppers Drug Mart. My blood pressure medication has no more refills and they are doing my pill packs for this weekend's pick-up. UGH! So, tomorrow, I'll have to go spend who knows how long sitting in the walk-in clinic to see a doctor. My clinic won't do refills by the pharmacy calling them anymore. They want to see you and do a quick check-up on you before they represcribe. UGH! So, there goes tomorrow afternoon. Meh!

I've done nothing today but run the money I borrowed over to the friend I'd borrowed it from and get a small senior's coffee at McDonald's. I got the small coffee so I could break the $50 bill that Gary gave me for babysitting Charlee. It hit the spot too! I knocked on my neighbor's door to give him back his $20 but he must have been sleeping. I have it set aside for him. I also had to drive over to the Provincial Building to drop off my claim of income for the month. So, that is one essential to get out of the way.

I'm not certain what supper tonight will be. I want something hot! I've eaten more than my share of sandwiches while babysitting. I believe it will be breakfast for supper!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Update: Knitting is over, it lasted almost five hours instead of the usual three.

AND because after joking about it we are doing a summer camp for adults (really retirees) for half a day for a week later in the summer probably from 10 to 3. It will be for us (we are a mainly adult church) this year and if it works we will reach out into the community and invite those who might be alone to joine us.

WE are planning a different thee every day including crafts and games. My only requirement is smores sone how some way. I need to get something together for our rector to approve..
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:41 pm Update: Knitting is over, it lasted almost five hours instead of the usual three.

AND because after joking about it we are doing a summer camp for adults (really retirees) for half a day for a week later in the summer probably from 10 to 3. It will be for us (we are a mainly adult church) this year and if it works we will reach out into the community and invite those who might be alone to joine us.

WE are planning a different thee every day including crafts and games. My only requirement is smores sone how some way. I need to get something together for our rector to approve..
Quilter, I wish I lived near you. I think I would enjoy your church.
Patty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

Later check in for me today. I had a satisfying and productive day, with just the right mix of fun and play. I tried a new cake recipe I received from my Las Vegas pen pal. It was a pineapple walnut cake with cream cheese icing. It was so good! I was invited to a retired teacher’s farm, along with another work colleague to go horseback riding and to visit her spread. I plan to take some cake along with some day lily shoots that need to be thinned out anyway. I am so excited! It’s been decades since I last rode a horse and she has helmets as instructor as well. Don’t worry- I won’t do anything foolish. She also has some goats and a number of chickens.

After making the cake, I walked with a dear neighbour friend to the nearby fish ladder. We waited at the ladder for quite a while but didn’t see any leaping fish. In the river however, we could see some large fish resting before attempting to swim upstream against the rapids

By this time it was lunch so I made up a salad and enjoyed some cheese and crisp bread as well. And had some of that delectable cake for dessert. That recipe is a keeper and so simple to make

After lunch, I watered the parched shrubs upfront as Dh had turned on the taps . Always shut it down in the winter so the pipes won’t freeze. Did an additional two hours on the yard, then made a potato-leek soup for dinner. Dishes have been done and now I’m pooped so I’m heading for the shower.

Haven’t seen any recent posts from Floridacatlover, but perhaps she’s too busy preparing for her trip.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:26 pm Salut mes amis!

I got up early this morning, took my meds and then went back to bed to listen to my CBC radio shows. I finally ditched lying in bed at about 10 am! It felt good to be in my own bed last night.

I was supposed to babysit Charlee until today but Tannis was missing her little girl. They figured to be home about 9:30 pm last night so I turned on the outside lights at their house about 9 pm. About 9:15, Charlee jumped off the chair she was resting on next to me. I said, "Did you hear a car Charlee?" and followed her to the front entrance. There stood Gary and Tannis! They came in so quietly neither Charlee nor I had heard them. Charlee, of course, was delighted to see her pawrents. Lots of kisses and cuddles to go around. As I was getting packed up to leave, Charlee even came over to me for kisses and cuddles which surprised Gary and Tannis since she had always been so stand offish around others except family.

I spoke to Tannis and Gary this morning to see how Charlee was doing since they'd hired me because she was always so freaked out when coming home from the Pet Spa/Resort. Tannis told me that it was like they had never left! Not stressed out or acting out or anything. Whew! I did my job! Gary was so happy with how she was acting last night that he paid me close to the pet resort rate. I told them that wasn't necessary but I think Charlee is especially dear to Gary's heart and so to hear his little girl was okay made him happy! Another bonus that Charlee was okay! They booked me for 5 days in July and a week and a half for their September Honeymoon.

I just got a call from Shoppers Drug Mart. My blood pressure medication has no more refills and they are doing my pill packs for this weekend's pick-up. UGH! So, tomorrow, I'll have to go spend who knows how long sitting in the walk-in clinic to see a doctor. My clinic won't do refills by the pharmacy calling them anymore. They want to see you and do a quick check-up on you before they represcribe. UGH! So, there goes tomorrow afternoon. Meh!

I've done nothing today but run the money I borrowed over to the friend I'd borrowed it from and get a small senior's coffee at McDonald's. I got the small coffee so I could break the $50 bill that Gary gave me for babysitting Charlee. It hit the spot too! I knocked on my neighbor's door to give him back his $20 but he must have been sleeping. I have it set aside for him. I also had to drive over to the Provincial Building to drop off my claim of income for the month. So, that is one essential to get out of the way.

I'm not certain what supper tonight will be. I want something hot! I've eaten more than my share of sandwiches while babysitting. I believe it will be breakfast for supper!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
z

MJ you’re a true gem for taking such good care of their dog. It’s very challenging trying to find someone reliable enough.

Creative