Daily Check-in May 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in May 24, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a not so nice day, near 70 but cloudy and windy, but I have no real plans to have to go out.

Have gotten done all my usual "morning" things and am just about ready to play on the computer. I do have to write an email to my Vitality Group leader who is leaving her job; yesterday was the last day we'll see her in our weekly Monday chats.

My day will consist of my usual pastime activities and numerous calls from my sister again . . . the same one who keeps telling me she's not going to call me every day LOL.

Dinner tonight is pancakes and bacon.

Well, that's it for now. Have a super day.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in May 24, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Popping in to say hello. It has been really busy here. Soccer games..school concerts...summer outdoor work.
Numbers are going up around here..masking everywhere.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I so hope that Hubby's garden starters survived the cold night air. I told him that I would bring them in along with the few flowers I bought, but he said that if they could not survive the night temperature of 6*C they did not deserve to survive..... Can you call that tough love. :lol:

I brought in the few flowers that I purchased and the eggplant (all you have to do is say cold weather with those and they die). Everything is sitting on plastic in my hallway, and once it warms up a bit I will be putting them all outside for the day.

It was so nice to have all the laundry washed and dried in one day. I can look forward to at least another 4 or so months to that. Hopefully every Monday is nice and sunny, though there is nothing to stop me holding off a day or so if the weather isn't nice.

Today's activities include but are not limited to finishing off a few tasks from yesterday, cleaning my desk, sweeping the floor, some extra cleaning (think the outside of the fridge), paying bills online, scanning a few items that were bought (gas, prescriptions) and not done before hand, and then I get to play. Many of these tasks will only take a few minutes to do. I always put ironing and mending down on Tuesday's list, but can mark those off right away as there is none to do this week.

It really will be a no spend day today. I do not plan on going anywhere, and even though my milk situation is getting low I think I will make some iced tea for our beverages later this week (going through a lot of milk now that Hubby has his shake for lunch).

Still on the use up what I can method of cooking. This week will mostly be meals I made ahead and froze. I need to get those cleared out and make new ones, and I will be slightly busy planting for the next while as well so this makes sense. I also have lots of frozen stock and other items along that line that need to be gone, so I am going to do my best to use everything up.

I hope to have some knitting time this afternoon and watch The Girl from Plainville. I am not sure if I am getting the story line quite right and really need to figure out if she really did what the cop figures she did.... I do think she is slightly crazy and very good at hiding it most times.

Still walking for my exercise, and I will be doing hopefully well over the 10k steps for the day once again. I need to figure out what I can add and the best time to add that. I also really need to drink more water every day. I will concentrate on the water thing for the next month to make it a habit.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover pork roast warmed up, along with the tossed salad remains and I plan on making a small potato salad as well. Might even get fancy and put out a pickle tray (got to get rid of some pickles).

Today I am grateful that the skies are clear again, and the temperature is rising very quickly.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:13 am Popping in to say hello. It has been really busy here. Soccer games..school concerts...summer outdoor work.
Numbers are going up around here..masking everywhere.
You take care. Pop in for a visit when you can.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I finally got my Fitbit to track my sleep. This model can be worn as a clip on and in the "clip" mode it does not track the heart rate which is needed for sleep. I was surprised to see it only logged 5 hours for Sunday night, but I was tired all day and decided to not go to my support group meeting both to save gas and not to drive shortly before bed.

Not many accomplishments to report outside of work. Tonight DGS5 has a baseball game that I will go watch. Especially since I did not see them this past weekend.

Have a great day,
Maggie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I stayed up a bit late reading a book about the forensic science of bones that was just fascinating. Will probably go to bed early tonight to catch up on my sleep.

Today I brought more AA batteries and some dishwasher tabs to work. I plan to clean the kitchen, which has a dishwasher half full of dirty dishes and a sink of the same, left there for Lord only knows how long, and then see if the batteries will revive the office's label maker. In the bizarre bureaucracy that bogs everything down with my job, whenever we try to order batteries for various things around the office, we are told we can't, that the department warehouse has them. Then the warehouse tells us that they don't provide them: we have to order them. Obviously, we can't order them so we have no batteries.

If I bought the batteries and tried to get reimbursed, my claim would be denied because I had not ordered the batteries as I was supposed to. It's absolutely maddening. So I take a few as needed out of our stash of batteries at home. It's the only way to have working computer mice and other things in one's office.

Other than that, I may try to use my lunch hour to get my hair cut. The top is so floppy I have everything pulled back with a one of those little plastic headbands with gripper teeth underneath. It is not a good look on me.

Hope you all have a lovely day and it warms up in Canada.
Mackie