Daily Check-in May 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in May 24, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:16 pm One of the best ministers my hometown church had was from Uvalde. He probably knew some of those people. I am sure he is praying for them.

I thought after Sandy Hook that surely no more children were going to be slain at school, but nothing ever changes except the upward march of the body count. Those poor little ones. Their poor parents.
I cannot imagine what they are going through. This is so scary.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I am heartsick. Little children.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:10 pm Account Manager for a staffing firm. He seems to think this might be a stepping stone into an HR career.
Wow, that sounds like a great stepping stone for him, Maggie, he must be so excited! if your DS wants a career in HR, I am proof that you don't have to have a degree in HR. He should check out websites like the EEOC, OSHA and your state's department of labor, as well as SHRM (they have state and local chapters and pathways to professional in HR certifications) to become familiar with HR issues,, labor law, statutory benefits, etc.

Coursera has a great and very inexpensive "HR for People Managers" course by the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota that I highly recommend. It saved me when I was thrown into HR with no HR experience, and now I'm the HR Manager with my Professional in Human Resources certification.

In addition to the knowledge from the above, supervisory/management/general business experience is very helpful for getting into HR.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:11 pm Some of the small towns around there are just ending the school term now.

Why do people do this??????????????
I am just hearing about this - so tragic.. President Biden is speaking now and he can scarcely get the words out, this is so sad. What are we going to DO about this and WHEN? As Biden is saying, we have to stand up to the gun lobbyists. It has to STOP.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:19 pm I am just hearing about this - so tragic.. President Biden is speaking now and he can scarcely get the words out, this is so sad. What are we going to DO about this and WHEN? As Biden is saying, we have to stand up to the gun lobbyists. It has to STOP.
Yes it does. And also help these people. Why did he do this!!!!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Just read that Ted Cruz, another Texas senator and Gov.Abbott are speaking at the NRA convention in Houston on Friday.
I hope it is canceled . I can't believe this is going on.
JCKitty