Daily Check-in May 24, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in May 24, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:15 pm Hi everyone,

DS2 called. He got offered the job and starts tomorrow. He says he will need to pick up some more business casual clothing.

Maggie
Congratulations to your son.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Hello all. Magge, congratulations to your son on his new job!!

It has been a heckin' day - online meetings are the devil. And I checked work email, forwarded several to others who needed to know things, could help me with various things.

DD and her SO are taking FOREVER to get out of here for their camping trip and driving me CRAZY in the process. She was going to get in the shower an hour ago - I am waiting on that to happen so I can wash dishes and do a load of laundry. I have a friend coming over at half past three and was hoping the chaos would be done before she got here. Not looking good for that.

I am looking forward to a few days home alone with just Hope (they are taking their dog and my Lucy with them). I can get more done and also relax better when there is nobody else here.

Other than work stuff, I got pear muffins and pumpkin muffins baked. Some will be frozen, some sent on the camping trip, and a few I am leaving for my friend and I to enjoy and what is left of those I will send home with her.

The weather so far this week has been beautiful - cool and sunny. Hope and I will have a nice walk this evening.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Shelia, I am right there with online meetings. I hate meetings in general, but online ones add a special twist of awful.

I hope the chaos clears out and you and Hope have a lovely evening.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well I thought I posted...must have gone somewher

Had a terrible night, the first in a long while that was really bad. Woke up at four thirty and lay in till almost seven thirty hoping to return but no luck. Trying to avoid the nap zone. I had three frozen pancakes at six and then three eggs at eight, lol. I also had two chocolate covered oreos today because of the awful rain so tonight will be pork chops with apple and herb stuffin (minimal stuffing) and both chopped salad and spinach and hopefully I will not be too bad today. Arrg.

Daughtter brought over a bunch of pride related earrings she made. for me to add to my online page to sell.

The only housework happening today was putting the bathroom back together after I washed the rug and running the dishwasher with bleach (will use vinegar next time)

Other than that its walking and sewing and reading and knitting,

Oh, and my chubby cripple lady director style lawn chair arrived today. Not taking it out of the box right now,
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:15 pm Hi everyone,

DS2 called. He got offered the job and starts tomorrow. He says he will need to pick up some more business casual clothing.

Maggie
Congratulations to your son on his new position!!!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:10 pm Account Manager for a staffing firm. He seems to think this might be a stepping stone into an HR career.
That sounds like a great gig! I hope he enjoys his first weeks and can succeed into transforming it, over time, into moving into HR!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.