Daily Check-in May 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check-in May 25, 2022

Post by casadekitty »

Maggie,
That is wonderful news about your dad...I will continue to pray for all of you for a great recovery.

Minor update:
I did manage to get a few things done, baby had to get a shot today, so is home cranky and sleeping. I really wanted to go see and squeeze on her but not until she feels better. :(
I have a load of dog towels and cleaning cloths to launder but may wait to see if the rains pass and I can hang them out.
Thinking chicken fingers for supper.
JCKitty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:46 am Update:
Mom texted a bit ago. The doctor said Dad's surgery went well and he could go home in a couple of hours. The doctor believes he got everything. So then they have a 90 minute ride home. I let her know that I have no more meetings and let me know if she needs anything once they are home.

Thanks everyone.
Maggie,

So glad to hear your Dad's surgery went well. I hope his ride home isn't too uncomfortable. Prayers that his recovery will be quick and without complications.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up much too early this morning at 5 am.

I have emptied the dishwasher reloaded it with a few dishwasher dishes. I have Washed the hand dishes. Then I pushed myself to do the kitchen and bath floors.

It is done, I am exhausted. But it is done.

Lunch is a heat and eat meal. I have enough left from yesterday’s dinner for both today and tomorrow.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by clemencia2us » Wed May 25, 2022 8:10 am

Good morning

I went to bed extra early last night. I could not listen or read anymore of the tragic incident we had here in Texas.

I was up before 7. Those poor families. Life will never be the same.
I stayed up until my usual time, but the TV was off. I just read a book.

Penny
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I woke-up with a slightly sore throat and a stuffy nose. It's a cold. I'm sure it is due to my having hung out on the deck in the cooler weather for all those days while with Charlee. I enjoyed it so very much that this is a small price to pay. Being low on B-12s and Thyroid I'm sure doesn't help me ward off things like this. Good thing I keep isolating away from COVID-19 and continue to wear my mask in stores and what not.

Mackie,
I know that Mama kitteh is going to love being your cat! I sure hope the adoption goes through. Your current cat will have a companion and often that rejuvenates them both! So happy you made that choice. I sure wish I could even foster a pet but no go. Phooey for me!

I was talking to my older sister, Amy, last night. Yesterday was her last day of school. She told me that within less than 12 hours, her and the hubby had bought a house 2 doors down from my niece (their daughter) Liz, in Des Moines, Iowa and will be selling their brand new house in Yankton, SD to move this summer. She also said that within that 12 hours was her last day of school and she'd decided to retire. Such exciting news! She showed me a photo of their new house, beautiful salt-box style and the landscaping is just gorgeous! Of course I am envious but so happy for both of them. They are very close to their two kids and Des Moines was always the meet up point. Now all the grandkids can hang out for a couple of weeks of the summer with Grandma and Grandpops.

Amy has a purse with a CANADA logo on it. I saw a Lug bag with a CANADA logo on it for $10 on FB Marketplace and got it for my younger sister. They both celebrate CANADA Day and their Canadian heritage. She'll enjoy this. I'll have to get it parceled up and mail it when I get my check this week. It shouldn't cost more than $20 being fabric and if I squinch it really small, that should keep the price low too.

I binge watched Grace and Frankie yesterday. Oh, did I laugh!! It is a beautiful show and so funny! Everyone is cast so well. I can't think of a single character who i "see" as acting. They all fit into their roles like clothing. I am going to finish it up today, I think. I then hope Netflix keeps it on for a long time as I want to start from the beginning again.

I don't WANT to leave the house today. I have to though. I have to go get the script refill for my high blood pressure at the clinic. I'll call in again today to find out how long the line up is before I go. Maybe, if it's more than a 2 hour wait, they can put me on the list and I can go in at the 2 hour mark.

I watched some of the morning news on CNN. Heartbreaking. As soon as they started showing photos of the children? I lost it and cried like crazy. I finally got it together and the anchorwoman was interviewing a Dad of a Sandy Hook murdered Child, Daniel Barden. She couldn't hold it together and cried through the interview. She kept apologizing to the Dad and he said something like, "That's okay. It hurts all of us."

Another news article stated that the GQP has already come out saying that they WILL NOT VOTE in favor of increased background checks, raising the age of accessibilty to buy a gun, and they will not support red flag laws. They are not their for "We the people. They are there to "stick it to the libs" and capitulate to their big donors in the NRA, gun manufacturers and gun lobbyists. So much for "We the people." It's more like, "Me and my money" to the GQP. Very sad. We've known this lesson since REagan so I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore but I constantly get caught up in hope.

I probably should run the vacuum cleaner today. That's not a big a deal. I have to take very small bites. I'm definitely NOT a housekeeper. I'll take care of my plants today too.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Maggie, I’m happy for the good news about your dad.

Wow, MJ posted a story a few weeks ago about Medicare drug prices that changed after someone signs up for a plan. My pharmacist just called me about my brand-name glaucoma drug. I have not yet satisfied any of my Part D deductible this year. She said the 3-month Rx would be $446.71. I asked her to check the price using GoodRx instead because I was pretty sure I had checked it just to get an idea of the cost. With GoodRx it is $164.41. Wow! It will not go toward my Part D deductible but I’ll cross that bridge another time. I have another brand-name Rx but still have 4+ months on hand that I bought last year. Wow, wow, wow.