Daily Check-in May 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in May 25, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I really wish I could post eldest DS's tweet thread on here, he came out with my exact feelings about what has occurred in Texas. All I wish or can say is those poor families, and really the U.S. needs much stricter gun controls, or at least make it harder to get guns, and don't allow concealed carry in those states that do allow it.

I slept in today, so it is a darn good thing this is one of my slower household task days. I don't even have to bake bread (which I have listed) as we still have about 1/2 loaf left.

So tasks for today are help with the Mass at the hospital, dust, do a bit of planting, and that's about it. Pretty darn quiet day here. I do hope to get some of the hardier flowers planted out today and decide on what else I need to purchase to fill a few other areas of the garden. I hope to finish of my purchases tomorrow or Friday, then once those are in I can sit back and hopefully watch them grow.

I hope to finish off the shrug today and move on to the baby blanket for knitting, I am really falling behind in my monthly use up the stashes projects. Oh well, I can be sure that what isn't completed this month will be on the list for next month and perhaps even the next as I seem to be loosing steam a bit.

Frugal happenings here will be pretty much the usual. I will be working to use up my various craft stashes, dusting with a microfiber cloth, all meals will be prepared using what is on hand and leftovers will be eaten for lunches. I hope to get out even for a shortish walk at some point this morning, and since I will be planting flowers I should get a few more steps in that way.

See the same boring day I usually have on the old homestead, well other than flower planting.

Supper tonight is going to be sweet and sour ribs, along with rice and mixed veggies.

Today I am grateful for more sun and what seems to be rising temperatures.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Maggie, sent a prayer up for your Dad.
I am so depressed and angry. I can't get those poor little children and their devastated families out of my mind.
I will never understand the lure of guns, or the power of the lobbyists.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Update:
Mom texted a bit ago. The doctor said Dad's surgery went well and he could go home in a couple of hours. The doctor believes he got everything. So then they have a 90 minute ride home. I let her know that I have no more meetings and let me know if she needs anything once they are home.

Thanks everyone.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Maggie, happy to hear the good news on your dad.

Hope and I were out walking and saw my son, who works for our village utility company, in a hole in the street. They are replacing water lines or something.

Having a hard time getting going to do much else. I did drop off a fedex package at Walgreens - as part of an online study I'm participating in that will pay $175 when all is done, including a couple of follow up surveys.

My car vacuum got delivered yesterday and I'm expecting a book today. It is quiet around here without my Lucy. I hope she is having fun hiking in the woods.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Glad to hear the good news on your Dad's surgery, Maggie. Sending a prayer his way for a speedy recovery.

Yesterday's event in Tx was disgusting. I can't believe that we're living in a world that is supposed to be civilized because I can't call it that any more. I got really ticked when I saw a poster on a message board say nothing like that happened under a certain individual's term. Well I did the research and posted back to him that there were over 100 school shootings during that person's term in office and that was just school shootings. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The other thing that gets me upset is the people who say if there were metal detectors or fences around the school it wouldn't happen. WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO HAVE METAL DETECTORS OR FENCES AROUND OUR SCHOOLS. DOUBLE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Florida, I do wish I had the courage to travel as you plan to do next month. Travel is the one thing COVID really took away from me and I'm really upset about that.

Today is one of my spontaneous days; nothing special planned. Haven't looked at my menu planner today yest but I think it's a pork chop with veggies.

Oh well, I guess I'm off for now.

Have a wonderful day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, that's great news about your dad. (((HUGS)))

Logics, preach it, sister. School should be a safe place for children.
Mackie