Daily Check-in May 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in May 25, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

Well, I just wrote a screed about my trip to the clinic and it all disappeared due to a glitch in how my delete copy works. It easily copies and deletes but never allows me to repaste. UGH! The skinny? I spend 2 hours and 45 minutes at the clinic, about 5 of which was with the doc who only needed to hear me say, "I need a refill on my blood pressure medication sent to the 18th Street Shoppers Drug Mart." That and a couple of minutes for a nurse to take me to the station where she took my blood pressure. That was all I needed to do. I sure wish it could be done over the phone but. . .

I had taken a couple of creative books with me to kill time and also wrote out some items for my grocery list. I got a nice idea to try out tonight. If it works out, I'll tell you tomorrow! :D

I am going to have Chicken MArrakesh with rice for supper. Gonna go start to make the rice.

Have a good night everyone!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:23 am Hello friends.

Maggie, I just said a prayer for your dad. I don’t know if it is the same surgery but my uncle had prostrate surgery and did very well for many years - has since died but it was completely unrelated. Good luck to your DS. Send the rain here.

I slept well but only because I took a sleeping pill. I am so sad but mostly very angry about the school shooting in Texas. I have zero confidence that anything will change. People love their guns too much and in fact I’m sure this will prompt a buying spree.

Biggest thing on my agenda today is coloring my hair. First I’ll go to Publix and pick up some sale and other items. On Sunday I called in two Rx to the other Publix and they may be ready today but I’ll wait until tomorrow to pick them up.

This month I bought gas twice totaling $70 but for the first five months I’m still below my $40 monthly budget. My average is $37.50 and I won’t have to buy gas in June (taking Uber to and from the airport).

Have a good day.
Floridacatlover you’re absolutely right! Until your gun control laws change, there will continue to be mass shootings. In Canada a criminal reference check and safe gun handling course must be taken before you can purchase a gun. Firearms are registered with the government.

Rifles are used for the hunting of game, but a permit is required for the type of game animal you’re allowed to shoot, with specific time frames. The amount of ammunition you can purchase is also strictly regulated.

Hand guns are reserved for the police and border guards. Of course other people have them, but the vast majority are associated with illegal gang activity.

As far as automatic weapons, they are reserved for the military.

We have no metal detectors at our secondary schools. If a problem arises, you call the police.

My family does not own any firearms since we don’t hunt game.

Creative
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

update:

I did my housechores, made chicken fingers and then made the mistake of watching the news :(
I got so pissed watching those fools (politicians) offering their thoughts and prayers but doubling down on saying what we need is more armed guards in schools instead of gun control. The news station had tags running across the screen saying how many millions of dollars from the NRA they receive.
I ended up going out and getting my chainsaw out and commenced to cutting the fallen tree in my yard. I know that probably sounds very weird to some but it is how I relieve some of my anger and rage along with stress. I am so angry and full of rage at these fools.
I have to concentrate and am very careful while running my saw so I don't think about being angry.
I am about 3/4 done with it, it was a big tree...will finish it tomorrow after I sharpen my chain.
The wind has picked up so it's best that I stopped for the evening.

I need a bath and possibly will sip on some adult beverage.
I am glad to hear that Mackie is getting a new kitty and that snowangel is doing okay, Maggie I hope your daddy heals well. If I have missed anyone else I am sorry, I am just "in a mood" and then my cat just ralphed up a hairball :roll:

Be well and safe,

JCKitty
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

update:

I did my housechores, made chicken fingers and then made the mistake of watching the news :(
I got so pissed watching those fools (politicians) offering their thoughts and prayers but doubling down on saying what we need is more armed guards in schools instead of gun control. The news station had tags running across the screen saying how many millions of dollars from the NRA they receive.
I ended up going out and getting my chainsaw out and commenced to cutting the fallen tree in my yard. I know that probably sounds very weird to some but it is how I relieve some of my anger and rage along with stress. I am so angry and full of rage at these fools.
I have to concentrate and am very careful while running my saw so I don't think about being angry.
I am about 3/4 done with it, it was a big tree...will finish it tomorrow after I sharpen my chain.

I am glad to hear that Mackie is getting a new kitty and that snowangel is doing okay, Maggie I hope your daddy heals well. If I have missed anyone else I am sorry, I am just "in a mood" and then my cat just ralphed up a hairball :roll:

Be well and safe,

JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

casadekitty wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:48 pm update:

Be well and safe,

JCKitty
Kitty, I can totally understand how using your chainsaw is a release for your anger. I feel such rage at times that if I had a gun, who knows what I would do. Seriously. I don’t have any medical/criminal record of mental issues so I would easily “qualify” for a gun. But the paperwork people don’t know that like my dad I sometimes feel uncontrollable anger. Thankfully I’m smart enough to know that if I had a gun I might do something foolish. (BTW, if Naomi Judd’s husband knew that she was mentally fragile - as he called it - why did she have access to a gun?)
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

snowangel729 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:24 pm Afternoon yall,

On day 1 of bed rest. So far I'm okay. I woke up feeling so so around 10 am. Ate some cottage cheese I got on discount and had a cup of coffee. Then I watched a little TV while doing an exit interview for my student loans and calling in my cpap supplies. I ate a can of kidney beans for a late lunch and then went with DH to pick up DS from school. Now I'm back in bed. DS has a game tonight but DH wants me at home resting rather than going. At 5 pm I hit my first 24 hours of rest is over out of 72. I dont like the idea of laying down doing nothing. DH is making spaghetti tonight for dinner so I can have that for leftovers tomorrow. Ds is supposed to have field day tomorrow but it looks like rain so they may reschedule. I have an interview tomorrow for a company so I hope its quick so I can get back home and into bed.

Mackie I hope you get the momma cat.
Florida medical costs are going through the roof
Snowangel - that bed rest is very hard to do. I was ordered to do it for six weeks for my first pregnancy. I looked upon it as allowing my baby to grow to be born at a safe weight. It’s no doubt challenging when you already have another child.

I wish you the very best!
Creative