Daily Check-in May 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check-in May 25, 2022

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

I had another wonderful day today and shared some time with a dear friend. We started with Walking Club, followed by a visit to a provincial park, using a free pass provided by our public library. After touring the falls, we enjoyed lunch at a local cafe. Indoor dining is still not available as it was a bit chilly and there were lots of smokers at the outside patio tables. We then browsed around a gift shop and finished our day with a visit to the feed store to see some baby chicks and pick up some garden seeds.

Just when I thought things couldn’t get any better, I received some “Happy Mail” from one of my pen pals. It was a beautiful journal which matches my taste so perfectly. I feel like I am back in high school and such a wonderful surprise!

I got a quick dinner together so Dd2 wouldn’t have to rush through her meal to get to pottery class.

Just going to try to relax tonight and I won’t be watching any news.

Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:46 am Update:
Mom texted a bit ago. The doctor said Dad's surgery went well and he could go home in a couple of hours. The doctor believes he got everything. So then they have a 90 minute ride home. I let her know that I have no more meetings and let me know if she needs anything once they are home.

Thanks everyone.
Happy to hear things went well with your Dad. Continued prayers for a complete and speedy recovery!

Creative
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Evening ladies,

I'm watching tv here. I crocheted a line in the baby's blanket. I did leave the home to go to DS's teeball game. I took it very easy and monitored for any signs and symptoms. So far so good. It was 2.00 each for DH and I to get in, then DH got a nacho and I got two airheads. We brought our own drinks so we only spent 6.50 in total for the game. We did spend 18 dollars for the baseball game this weekend for the team. DS will get to go play with his team on a minor league field in the area. So for three tickets we will get to go with him so 6 dollars a ticket.

Ds has field day in the morning if the rain doesn't cancel it.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Yes I've been reading articles and posts all day about the Uvalde 21.

That shooter - hit 18 years of age and was able to buy weapons - no questions asked - yea Texas - sarcasm of course.

Our school was on lockdown today cuz crazy copycats just post threats, so what can the police and school do? They have to take precautions.

Our town had a prayer service for them tonight.

They are receiving lots of donations. I have cousins that live in the area that know some of the families that lost children.

Those cousins are teachers and I am sure are scared. This is a terrible situation. And yea those darn Texas politicians do not care.