Daily Check-in May 25, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in May 25, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:21 am
Florida, I do wish I had the courage to travel as you plan to do next month. Travel is the one thing COVID really took away from me and I'm really upset about that.
Thank you, Logics. Honestly I am nervous about everything in my life and I rarely feel that I have courage. But I’ve always wanted to travel.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:30 pm Maggie, I’m happy for the good news about your dad.

Wow, MJ posted a story a few weeks ago about Medicare drug prices that changed after someone signs up for a plan. My pharmacist just called me about my brand-name glaucoma drug. I have not yet satisfied any of my Part D deductible this year. She said the 3-month Rx would be $446.71. I asked her to check the price using GoodRx instead because I was pretty sure I had checked it just to get an idea of the cost. With GoodRx it is $164.41. Wow! It will not go toward my Part D deductible but I’ll cross that bridge another time. I have another brand-name Rx but still have 4+ months on hand that I bought last year. Wow, wow, wow.
Florida,

I am so sorry you got caught up in that increase. Terrible that they won't let your GoodRx go towards the deductible. They just seem to WANT to put people in the poorhouse over drug costs. With their gold-plated health care, I betcha they get all their medications fully paid for for themselves and their families. There is no other way to explain why they can't see how medication costs are crippling for those that need them. But then again, "The drug lobby."

I'm glad you were able to find it on GoodRx for a much reduced price but that is still crazy.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

MJ, I have been looking for a while for a good kitty companion for Ollie. He gets lonely and wakes DH up at 5 a.m. just to cuddle. Our son's cat is very standoffish, and when he tries to cuddle with her, she whips up on him. DS's cat spends almost the entire day in his room.

This mama kitty was rescued from an abandoned homeless camp and had four of the cutest fluffy babies in foster care. The babies are old enough to be adopted now and will be snatched up. Mama is described as an affectionate, loving, couch potato who gets on great with other cats, so she's exactly what we need. She is also a strikingly beautiful dilute tortoiseshell with long hair. Her adorable little nose is half peach and half silver gray. Who could resist that? <3<3<3

There's not much I can do about the wretched state of our country, but I can save a few animals that need a good home. There's solace in that.
Mackie
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Afternoon yall,

On day 1 of bed rest. So far I'm okay. I woke up feeling so so around 10 am. Ate some cottage cheese I got on discount and had a cup of coffee. Then I watched a little TV while doing an exit interview for my student loans and calling in my cpap supplies. I ate a can of kidney beans for a late lunch and then went with DH to pick up DS from school. Now I'm back in bed. DS has a game tonight but DH wants me at home resting rather than going. At 5 pm I hit my first 24 hours of rest is over out of 72. I dont like the idea of laying down doing nothing. DH is making spaghetti tonight for dinner so I can have that for leftovers tomorrow. Ds is supposed to have field day tomorrow but it looks like rain so they may reschedule. I have an interview tomorrow for a company so I hope its quick so I can get back home and into bed.

Mackie I hope you get the momma cat.
Florida medical costs are going through the roof
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Snowangel, look on it as a little vacation for you and spa time for the baby. When your 72 hours are over and it's safe to be up and around again, you'll be well-rested and probably will caught up on lots of small things you can do on your phone.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I have done a bit of planting this afternoon, but right now I am taking a break because it is windy and has started to rain. I will continue once both those events stop. I would like to get most planted today so that I can figure out what is left to get and how much more soil needs to be bought.

The Mass in the hospital chapel did not take long and that is a very good thing. Lots of the patients really can't manage a long service.

Off to do a bit of knitting during my break. Then it is back to the planting for an hour or so.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/